Scott Parker

Domino-

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did point out a couple of times that he had never been tested on the transfer market as recruitment and sales at Porto was the domain of president Pinto da Costa and director-general Antero Henrique but calls for him to be given absolute control were inevitable.

Not that I think there's anything to the Parker rumours..

I'd rather pay £15mil and have De Rossi permanently, than pay £4mil for Scotty Parker on loan.

De Rossi has faded away just like Essien. He is not what he was a couple of years ago. I'd rather not go for anyone at all if Modric is coming. We have enough back up for 6 months.

I'd have no problems signing Parker as a squad player. In fact I'd rather have him in the side than Essien judging by their respective performances last season. And he's English, so that makes him perfect as far as player quotas are concerned.

Come home Scotty!!!

De Rossi has faded away just like Essien. He is not what he was a couple of years ago. I'd rather not go for anyone at all if Modric is coming. We have enough back up for 6 months.

I absolutely agree with the first sentence but not so much with the highlighted part. Why would an ambitious club aiming to challenge for all major titles and become the best look forward to welcoming back a "faded" player into the starting 11? can a faded player be that difficult to permanently replace?

p.s sentimental reasons aside please.

Guest justin_3d

God I hope there is no truth in these reports. If it's true this is the best you can come up with Chelsea? doh.gif

I think the same thing was said about Yossi last season, and apparently now some people in the forum like him a lot just cause he did that awesome goal....

Funny that you mention Benayoun. This sounds painfully similar to the Benayoun deal and the Pienaar case, I'd say those who supported those would like Parker now.

I totally agree with you! What seems like a pointless signing at best, always turns out to be a useful one!

Trouble is, Benayoun hardly played a majority of the season because he was out injured. Benayoun is injury prone, so is Parker!

Adding a near 31 year old will certainly drive down the average age, as well as giving us an ever needed defensive midfielder.

He is 31 but he is a DM, that play in same position as Makelele. Its different from a winger or a striker, like Malouda or Drogba, that cant play the same football as they were playing when they were younger.

Thats why you see defenders like Maldini playing until his 40, and Makele that arrived at Chelsea at his 30, and played the best years of his career for the next 5 years, when he was already 35.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You