Scott Parker

Domino-

He is 31 but he is a DM, that play in same position as Makelele. Its different from a winger or a striker, like Malouda or Drogba, that cant play the same football as they were playing when they were younger.

Thats why you see defenders like Maldini playing until his 40, and Makele that arrived at Chelsea at his 30, and played the best years of his career for the next 5 years, when he was already 35.

If he [Parker] can replicate Makelele's form, I say sign him on a 5 Year Deal.

But Makelele is one of a kind, a true legend.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justin_3d

Funny that you mention Benayoun. This does sound painfully similar to the Benayoun deal and the Pienaar case, I'd say those who supported those would like Parker now.

Yeah well i wanted Yossi back then and Pienaar.

So i would not mind Scot neither.

Guest justin_3d

He is 31 but he is a DM, that play in same position as Makelele. Its different from a winger or a striker, like Malouda or Drogba, that cant play the same football as they were playing when they were younger.

Thats why you see defenders like Maldini playing until his 40, and Makele that arrived at Chelsea at his 30, and played the best years of his career for the next 5 years, when he was already 35.

:goodpost:

But the Portuguese tactician claimed the West London side are already considering alternative options should they miss out on playmaker Modric and fellow midfielder Parker.

"We understand the position that the club (Spurs) has taken, so at the moment we are scanning the market for everything, not just those two players (Modric and Parker)."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7041875,00.html

If SkySports are running with it, there must be something to it..

Providing we sign other players who are needed aswell would this actually be a bad deal?

For a DM he can still give us a few years, last time he was unlucky he has Maka, Tiago and Lampard all performing great and on the form of their lives, he hardly has the same problem this time does it and someone above mentioned his performances last season, he was trying to get West Ham out of the shit by himself,if it was not for him West Ham would have been down in March and if the whole team performed like him they would have finsihed 8th.

He is homegrown, dedicated and he was hardly bad here last time just unlucky with injuries and the fact we had Makelele in his position.Without doubt better value for money than some other english players out there.

I think the same thing was said about Yossi last season, and apparently now some people in the forum like him a lot just cause he did that awesome goal....

We're not exactly bringing in the most exciting & highest quality replacements for the quality players we lose.

If he [Parker] can replicate Makelele's form, I say sign him on a 5 Year Deal.

But Makelele is one of a kind, a true legend.

You cannot compare Maka to Parker at all. Maka is world class.

We're not exactly bringing in the most exciting & highest quality replacements for the quality players we lose.

I agree. With all respect to Ramires and Yossi, they just don't match up to Ballack and Deco.

One day Mikel could be our new Maka, hopefully we just don't make the same mistake Real Madrid did. The mistake being to sell him and then realise how much he does for the team.

Guest justin_3d

That's because we want to bring youth!

So buying Yossi and Scott makes perfect sense.

These two are the middle ground for our youth.

These two can help our team in a year or two, while in that time our youth grow, before they take over.

Guest justin_3d

At the past he was not good enough for us. And now some fans want him to come back.

It is a step down for our club.

A step down like it was Yossi for many fans.

But i was happy when we bought him, and still happy.

Will also be happy with Scott! blue%20scalf.gif

He did a decent job in the 03/04 season when he played but he didn't get the chances because of Makelele. In the next campaign he got a bad injury against Norwich and we were doing so well that he was never gonna get back into the stating eleven and again because Makelele was the main man. We just went on that amazing run and won the league easily. He didn't leave because he was shit, he left because he wasn't regular under Jose and wanted first team football. Makelele was just so good for us.

This situation is perfect for Scotty to come back as the DM. He was the PFA players player of the year last season and had a great personal season in a very bad club. He's got 2 or 3 years left, he's 100% passionate and his commitment cannot be bettered. In games away to the shite bottom 6 in the rain and wind or an FA Cup away 3rd round at Burnley or colchester or something, he's fucking perfect. English Steel in the middle is what we need.

Judging him by his last spell is just bollocks and unfair because the situation was completely different. I'd love us to do a deal and get him back. If they want £8m, just fucking give it to em. It's hardly a huge sum of money and we really need to strengthen this squad.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You