Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Scott Parker

Domino-

Soccer---Scott-Parker-Fil-007.jpg

Parker eyed for shock Chelsea return

West Ham midfielder Scott Parker is under consideration for a dramatic return to Chelsea, it emerged last night.

The Blues are in sudden need of a midfielder after discovering Michael Essien could miss six months following surgery on a knee injury suffered in training last week.

Hammers joint-owner David Sullivan last night refused to confirm whether the club had already been approached by Chelsea over the transfer of Upton Park talisman Parker.

“The surgery was successful and Michael’s full recovery could take up to six months.”Confirming the Essien news, a Chelsea statement said: “Following injury to his right knee in training last week, Michael Essien had surgery today to repair a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament and meniscus.

New Blues manager Andre Villas-Boas said: "Everyone at Chelsea wishes Michael well for his recovery.

"His team-mates and all the staff and I look forward to helping him return to playing as soon as possible."

Another of the names linked with a move to Stamford Bridge to replace Essien is that of Newcastle midfielder Cheik Tiote.

The Ivory Coast star - who only signed a new deal at the club in February - was superb in his first season on Tyneside, with the highlight of his campaign the dramatic equaliser in Newcastle 4-4 draw against Arsanal in March.

Parker, however, appears a stronger candidate, as he is known to Villas-Boas from his time at Stamford Bridge under Jose Mourinho in 2004-2005.

Chelsea’s young coach was impressed by Parker’s conduct during his spell in west London, despite being frustrated by a lack of regular first-team football.

The midfielder also stood out during the ritual, under Mourinho, which saw players deliver pre-match team talks.

Parker went on to prove his leadership qualities last season when delivering a similar oration to inspire his West Ham team-mates from 3-0 down at West Brom to grab a point.

Signing Parker would also help boost the club’s English contingent.

Chelsea currently have only six domestic players in their squad and one of those, striker Daniel Sturridge, is expected to either be sold or go out on loan in search of regular action.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Chelsea-considering-re-signing-Scott-Parker-from-West-Ham-following-major-injury-Michael-Essien-article764528.html#ixzz1Rq2vlFto

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ @magic weeds

The fact that the club was relegated should speak little to the players ability, in fact, it should be a testament to how well they played if they managed a bit of success on a team that played poorly enough to be relegated. It's a bit naive to unfairly associate the performance of the whole to the acts of the individual, especially without basis. Besides, recently relegated clubs have players who aspire to play in the upper echelons of football, which means theyre more likely to want to leave, and the money earned from a sale would put the club in a better financial situation, considering they'll want to balance their books and remove their top earners, when they'll likely not need them as the level of competition is lower where the club is headed. Think about it...it makes sense. I'm not saying we should go snag em all, but I wouldn't be so quick to scoff at them as you are.

ah, of course, Mikel is way better than Parker... (only in this forum).

I don't remember you providing any argument as to why Mikel is so shit, all you've done so far is claim he's on Kalou's level without backing it up.

I don't remember you providing any argument as to why Mikel is so shit, all you've done so far is claim he's on Kalou's level without backing it up.

Maybe its because You stayed many days without coming in the forum. I already said why I think he is awful.

Maybe its because You stayed many days without coming in the forum. I already said why I think he is awful.

I have read through literally hundreds of pages of topics that I missed, didn't encounter such a discussion. Mind linking me to the specific thread or one of the posts?

I have read through literally hundreds of pages of topics that I missed, didn't encounter such a discussion. Mind linking me to the specific thread or one of the posts?

Actually I do. Im only posting right now because Im on iPhone and Im watching Copa America.

But will post in few lines:

- terrible passes.

- bad ball control.

- many stupid mistakes.

ah, of course, Mikel is way better than Parker... (only in this forum).

Lol come on. Even though you're not a fan of Mikel, would you really rather see him replaced by Scott Parker? He's a good player with a lot of character, but take that away and you find he's just a large fish in a small pond at West Ham.

If we are to find a DMF then it should not be Parker.

- terrible passes.

- bad ball control.

- many stupid mistakes.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8130025/John-Obi-Mikel-reborn-as-Chelseas-undisputed-pass-master.html

^That's for the "terrible passes" part. About the "bad ball control" thing, I can't really find an article on it, but from what I've seen, Mikel is one of the best in the league in keeping the ball. He has the technique to first knock the ball down into his feet, then he cleverly turns his back towards an approaching defender and he shields the ball using his strength.

And Mikel doesn't make that many stupid mistakes.. anymore. He now knows how to tackle whereas a few seasons ago he didn't because he never had to play a defensive duty. (It's even in that article.) So, now he doesn't get sent off for some dumb reason. Also compared to, let's say, two seasons ago, he makes way few pass misses, and honestly, he was less error-prone than Lampard this season, although Lampard was sub par. It's true he still sometimes finds himself in a hole, but that doesn't make him SHIT.

I know you'll hate Mikel until he starts scoring 5 goals every game, but to me, the only two things that prevent Mikel from nearing the world-class status are: 1) Influence on the pitch, and 2) Offensive capability. But he is improving on these things.

And, of course, Mikel plays one of the most important roles in the team: he is the reason why our defenders can get forward and score goals. If you recall, many of the dramatic goals were scored by Terry, Luiz and Ivanovic last season, and this was partly because Mikel stayed back to cover for them.

===========

Sorry about the off-topic post.

Actually I do. Im only posting right now because Im on iPhone and Im watching Copa America.

- terrible passes.

- bad ball control.

- many stupid mistakes.

at the end of last season that description was more applicable to Essien than Mikel