Portsmouth 0-1 Chelsea

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A superb turnout from the fans. Highlight was a rendition of 'Celery' with Celery being thrown left, right and centre, I don't know how the guys (who were in front of me) managed to smuggle it in to the ground? One funny moment was when a bit hit one of the stewards and she promptly hurled it back into the crowd, this was to an enormous cheer from crowd.

I believe the performance in pre season really means something.

Our pre season in 09/10 season was superb. We had a good season and won the double.

Our pre season last season was shit, and we had a shit season.

If we have a shit pre season I will be worried.

Our pre season in 09/10 season was superb. We had a good season and won the double.

You can't simplify things like that.

A superb turnout from the fans. Highlight was a rendition of 'Celery' with Celery being thrown left, right and centre, I don't know how the guys (who were in front of me) managed to smuggle it in to the ground? One funny moment was when a bit hit one of the stewards and she promptly hurled it back into the crowd, this was to an enormous cheer from crowd.

she looked so angry as well

Clifford looked good, but a bit reserved. Towards the end of the half he grew into it, and used his strength well too.. It's a shame he was taken off, he and Mikel played well together. Maybe he'll be a better central midfield player than right-back? Just a thought.

Edited by LDN Blue

Really?!

today was a special day.. i was watching fc Arsanal london on the asia tour.. fc tottenham hotspur on the south africa tour..

and fc chelsea london vs south side london portsmouth fc!!

today was a special day.. our new manager andre villas boas with the first game for chelsea..

welcome to london i hope the former fc porto dragons manager will show us another football style!!

andre villas boas my wish:

1st wish: we need more techniques.. we need new pleyas..

i would get the former pompey pleya niko kranjcar or kevin prince boateng in central midfield/offense midfield!!

2nd wish: we need better football style.. this aint attractive what we play..

i want chelsea to play like fc barcelona or fc Arsanal london.. offensive attractive technique ball possesion football!!

3rd wish: our russia boss roman abramovich is intelligent.. we have a strong defense, we have strong defensive midfielders, we have a strong attack..

this is intelligent but ain´t attractive..

we need a pleya like xavi or manuel fernandes in the defense midfield/central midfield and who can play also in the offense midfield and who has techniques!!

michael essien or frank lampard in central defense midfield/central midfield

and the former pompey pleya niko kranjcar or kevin prince boateng in central midfield/offense midfield..

this would be the first perfect transfer move, cause i have enough from this football..

andre villas boas first job is to make extra technique training sessions and ball possesion training sessions!!

what ya all think about our football style..

will our new portugal fc porto dragons manager andre villas boas show us the style to play OFFENSIVE ATTRACTIVE TECHNIQUE BALL POSSESION football??

Guest justin_3d

Quite useful game actually, it has just proved that we have to offload : Anelka, Malouda, Kalou, Bosingwa if we want to be competitive.

lol I remember somewhere in the middle of the season before Carlo got sack, I was saying that these 4 where the one we should sell, and bring in 3 players. A Creative mid, RW and RB.

Even today i still think this holds truth.

But if we get Scott Parker, (which i hope it's true), then a mid of Scott-Yossi will be something interesting.

Again people knocking down on Scott, should remember about Yossi. A lot of people where hating on him last season, and so far, he is proving to be worth the money. I am sure Scott will fall under that same predicament.

andre villas boas my wish:

1st wish: we need more techniques.. we need new pleyas..

i would get the former pompey pleya niko kranjcar or kevin prince boateng in central midfield/offense midfield!!

2nd wish: we need better football style.. this aint attractive what we play..

i want chelsea to play like fc barcelona or fc Arsanal london.. offensive attractive technique football!!

3rd wish: roman abramovich is intelligent..we have a strong defense,we have strong defensive midfielders, we have a strong attack..this is intelligent but ain´t attractive..

we need a pleya like xavi or manuel fernandes in the defense midfield/central midfield and who can play also in the offense midfield and who has techniques!!

michael essien or frank lampard in central defense midfield/central midfield & the former pompey pleya niko kranjcar or kevin prince boateng in central midfield/offense midfield..

this would be the first perfect transfer move, cause i have enough from this football, andre villas boas first job is to make extra technique training sessions and ball possesion training sessions!!

I swear I'm going to start an "AvB out " thread if he doesn't listen to Tommy's wishes. Andres, you've been warned. :readthemessage:

I saw them, they got it in by hiding it under flags and jackets in those supermarket bags for life. One of them got kicked out, worth it though!

Fantastic day and the sun even came out for the match. :yes:

Villas-Boas faces familiar problems

In circumstances in which it was difficult to assess individual performances, the 45-minute stints by John Terry and Josh McEachran stood out. But Torres, that one cross aside, was anonymous and after one goal in 18 games last season, he must find some form on the Asian tour starting this week or risk losing both his confidence and his place. The one consolation for him yesterday was that Didier Drogba, his replacement in the second half, did not much better. Torres or Drogba? Villas-Boas's first crucial decision could be one that Carlo Ancelotti opted out of making until it was too late.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/villasboas-faces-familiar-problems-2315035.html

Good review of the game by The Independent.

Villas-Boas faces familiar problems

http://www.independe...ms-2315035.html

Good review of the game by The Independent.

The author says "In circumstances in which it was difficult to assess individual performances" then he begins to assess/criticize Torres (fair enough) and even Drogba (fair enough). Where was his assessment of Lampard (who I thought was even more anonymous than Torres or Drogba) or Yossi who I thought was one of the best performers on the pitch? I don't think either Torres or Drogba set the world on fire. I don't think they were the worst players on the pitch either.

I think it was a lazy review using Torres to catch the reader. Would it be as eye-catching if it said "Yossi had a good game"?