Portsmouth 0-1 Chelsea

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ye bit patchy but Jason Cundy said it best at half time, its a pre season game and thats exactly the way it was played, not at full tempo and a bit niggly. I thought Sturridge did very well first half and should definitely be starting in that spot wee in, week out. McEachran grew into the game as it went on and played a couple of fantastic passes, Benayoun did well second half, Anelka and Lampard was close to invisible, alou continues to find new ways to frustrate, Bosingwa did well and Terry and Chabolah(potential bad spelling) played well at the back, Malouda had a decent half, Torres also had a decent half but never really got the service, I thought he would have done better playing as part of the second half team than the first half one, Drogba was poor. Hilario was in full flow, giving away a stupid penalty, making a fantastic penalty save and then almost costing us 2 goals with some poor judgement and awful positioning, with Courtois incoming maybe we wont have to see him play for Chelsea agin? Wishful thinking, I know.

Its difficult to say what we learned because it is a pre season and its difficult to judge it because of that however its pretyty clear the team need a playmaker, Luka Modric is that man, hopefully we can sign him because the problem of supplying Torres remains. If you were judge it on this one (and probably much of last season too) then its time for Nic Anelka to go.

Worryingly saw a lot of what pissed me off last season, namely: Kalou on the pitch, ferreria and bosingwa still be played, zhirkov playing as a CM and worst of all Joshy McEachran playing as a fucking defensive midfielder AGAIN. We need a creative midfielder? So play Josh in central midfield and let him get forward and create, he can't tackle so it seems fucking stupid to play him as a defensive midfielder. At least theres plenty of time for change before start of season, but first signs aren't good.

He is with the Brazilian Internal squad for the Copa America (oh so i think)

Alex is not With Brasil this is the Full list if the Copa America

He has not play last 2 pre season Game..... so he is eider Injury or Chelsea is really gonna sell him....

La lista de 23 brasileños convocados para la Copa América es la siguiente:

Guardametas: Julio César (Inter de Milán-ITA), Víctor (Gremio) y Jefferson (Botafogo).

Defensas: Lúcio (Inter de Milán-ITA), Thiago Silva (AC Milan-ITA), Luisao (Benfica-POR), David Luiz (Chelsea-ING), Daniel Alves (Barcelona-ESP), Maicon (Inter de Milán-ITA), André Santos (Fenerbahçe-TUR) y Adriano (Barcelona-ESP).

Centrocampistas: Lucas Leiva (Liverpool-ING), Sandro (Tottenham- ING), Ramires (Chelsea-ING), Elías (Atlético de Madrid-ESP), Elano (Santos), Jadson (Shakthar Donetsk-UKR), Lucas Moura (Sao Paulo) y Paulo Henrique Ganso (Santos).

Delanteros: Robinho (AC Milan-ITA), Alexandre Pato (AC Milan- ITA), Fred (Fluminense) y Neymar (Santos).

Look here:

http://www.chelseafc...2394386,00.html

TEAM NEWS

Andre Villas-Boas went with a similar side to that which started against Wycombe on Tuesday, mixing youth and experience with a backline containing Ashley Cole, Paulo Ferreira and Branislav Ivanovic alongside youngster Tomas Kalas.

Fernando Torres started up front with Daniel Sturridge, back from his extended holiday, and Florent Malouda and Frank Lampard, who had a niggle in midweek, was fit enough to be among the substitutes alongside John Terry. The only absentees from the squad were Michael Essien, who will be out six months, and Petr Cech who remained at Cobham.

Portsmouth included Tal Ben-Haim, once of Chelsea, in their line-up in their first home game under new ownership, making for a lively atmosphere inside the compact Fratton Park.

Maybe Alex Left Chelsea or something lol?

Very disappointed with Lampard, he touched the ball like 2 times I think in the entire 2nd half.

Sturridge must be first XI now, same with Yossi. Honestly, Ramires is our best mid lol, at least for me he would be first on team sheet for the mid right now.

Kalas and Chalobah both looked good prospects, especially Chalobah. McEachran made some mistakes too, he should play higher up the pitch.

We got a big problem at RB, after Ivan I don't feel comfortable with anyone else there. Would rather play Luiz and Ramires there before I put in Paulo and Bos.