Stamford Bridge Thread

I wasnt talking about old oak common,qpr look set to have that anyway.wormwood scrubs/linford Christie stadium is south of ooc and is in W12,but while we're on the subject i would rather go to ooc then battersea or down the a3 as u suggest...at least it's still west london.

Also this thing about it being like moving from a five bed to a council gaff is nonsense.believe it or not parts of nw10 probably isn't that far behind sw6 in terms of the cost of land, and lets not forget that battersea isn't the nicest place either.

I wasnt talking about old oak common,qpr look set to have that anyway.wormwood scrubs/linford Christie stadium is south of ooc and is in W12,but while we're on the subject i would rather go to ooc then battersea or down the a3 as u suggest...at least it's still west london.

Also this thing about it being like moving from a five bed to a council gaff is nonsense.believe it or not parts of nw10 probably isn't that far behind sw6 in terms of the cost of land, and lets not forget that battersea isn't the nicest place either.

SW6 compared to NW10 is like monaco and manchester, so you would rather be on the north circ than down in the posh surbubs of cobham? NW10 is by definition north-west london not west london and certainly not south-west london which is our area, I work all over london on new build building sites so I can say it as I see it, there is a very noticeable difference between our end of london and the rest of it, london in general is a shit hole, I stand by what I said, big drop in standards moving out from the fulham road into somewhere like white city let alone wormword scrubs.

Part of our identity is that we are upmarket and a fashionable club, you move out of sw6 to nw10 you lose that, so you might as well move us to another affluent area within the southwest part of greater london as far as im concerned. For me anything north of the A4 is a no go.

We are a WEST london club hence the reason I'd rather scrubs or ooc then battersea or down the a3.as I've said before ooc would NOT be my first choice,I'd rather earls court, kensal gasworks or the linford Christie/scrubs site ahead of ooc.north west london like southwest ldn is split i.e sw postcode north of the river is west and south of the river is south london.Northwest london is split by the a5, anything east of the a5 is north ldn i.e hendon Camden edgware etc and anything to the west of the a5 is west ldn i.e kingsbury,harlesden and harrow.

Don't get me wrong we do have an image to uphold but don't forget before its gentrification in the 70's Fulham was a rough tough working class area....

We are a WEST london club hence the reason I'd rather scrubs or ooc then battersea or down the a3.as I've said before ooc would NOT be my first choice,I'd rather earls court, kensal gasworks or the linford Christie/scrubs site ahead of ooc.north west london like southwest ldn is split i.e sw postcode north of the river is west and south of the river is south london.Northwest london is split by the a5, anything east of the a5 is north ldn i.e hendon Camden edgware etc and anything to the west of the a5 is west ldn i.e kingsbury,harlesden and harrow.

Don't get me wrong we do have an image to uphold but don't forget before its gentrification in the 70's Fulham was a rough tough working class area....

Guess we will have to agree to disagree, nw to me is wembley, harrow, kilburn etc, not places you would associate upmarket with, whereas in sw you have chelsea, fulham, belgravia etc, chalk and cheese, as snobby as it sounds north west london isnt posh enough for us.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really?

Take the sun reports with a pinch of salt but if we could develop the bride that would be wonderful.

Still think the biggest commitment RA could make to us would be to build us a 60k seated stadium in or around SB. Would set us up for the next 30-40 years, and put an end to the "what happens when Roman gets bored" crap!

I just don't see how we can actually expand though? We are in a position where we can't just expand a stand for example because we have problems regarding transport close to the stadium, the size of emergency access, houses near the stadium and their rights to light etc.

There is little we can do with the East stand- it is already bigger than it is meant to be, hence why we haven't replaced a cramped, ugly 40 year old stand. It also has a seating gradient that is greater than it would allowed to be if we built a replacement stand. It backs onto a railway line and a royal park beyond that- no brainer really, nothing we can do with it.

Shed end has the hotels and properties behind it. There are buildings not owned by the club between the old shed wall and Fulham road which would need to be acquired because of breaches to rights to light if the Shed end was rebuilt or expanded. We would also need to knock down the hotels and Chelsea village, which provide important revenue.

The West stand is at the maximum height allowed by the borough council from when we were granted planning permission. It took us a while to even get planning permission to build it that high so I doubt we would be able to expand that much. If we were to expand it then the size of the area outside the front of the stand would be greatly reduced. This area is already a bottleneck before and after games because people go to West, MH and east stands from it. There is also the Oswald Stoll Foundation behind the ground which is most likely listed and would suffer from rights to light problems if the West stand was expanded.

Matthew Harding Stand is probably the most viable to expand but would require another emergency exit as the 2 we have at the moment are barely big enough for the current capacity. Decking over the District line would need to be constructed, which wouldn't be cheap and some homes on the other side of the railway embankment would need to be acquired (although this would possibly allow us to construct a new exit into the Brompton Park area). The museum would also need to be relocated.

To be honest I expect it is bullshit. The club have stated that it isn't viable to expand Stamford Bridge and architects have said it is difficult to make an expansion financially viable.

• 3 weeks later...

This topic is alarmingly very quiet.i fear spurs,west ham and even qpr will all have bigger stadiums than us in the next few yrs.

This is not important, I think. Making the new stadium is very expensive... it can take years before profit is made.. and if the building is not quick, then there will be more problems... if it take long time like Wembley then it will be even more money wasted.

There is not so much money in selling tickets. Better to try to make money from TV and things like that.

• 1 month later...