Stamford Bridge Thread

I think a lot will initially, and I can imagine Wise waiting to see what the fans do.....

It'll be very interesting to say the least. They need a majority 51% for CPO to sell all their shares, or something like that.

It's interesting reading that article, they say they don't mind moving but the CPO gives them additional security.. Which is understandable. However it's even more understandable about Roman not wanting us to be a public company.

After all.. We don't want to look like Manchester United on the Singapore market :whistling:

It'll be very interesting to say the least. They need a majority 51% for CPO to sell all their shares, or something like that.

It's interesting reading that article, they say they don't mind moving but the CPO gives them additional security.. Which is understandable. However it's even more understandable about Roman not wanting us to be a public company.

After all.. We don't want to look like Manchester United on the Singapore market :whistling:

Whooa ! Theres a hell of a difference in the Glazers attempts to pay off their debts with a Singapore flotation, and Chelseas CPO association. The CPO was set up specifically so as not to fall into the situation that had left the club at the mercy of speculators.

Now I am not saying Roman would just flog the whole thing off one day to property speculators, but who knows ? The CPO prevents this scenario.

( One of) the worst thing Bates did was build that wanky hotel and restauarant complex, which in effect prevented expansion to a 55-60kk venue with access from West Brompton and Fulham Broadway.

Mind you If WTC 7 can just 'collapse' ....... :whistling:

Whooa ! Theres a hell of a difference in the Glazers attempts to pay off their debts with a Singapore flotation, and Chelseas CPO association. The CPO was set up specifically so as not to fall into the situation that had left the club at the mercy of speculators.

Now I am not saying Roman would just flog the whole thing off one day to property speculators, but who knows ? The CPO prevents this scenario.

( One of) the worst thing Bates did was build that wanky hotel and restauarant complex, which in effect prevented expansion to a 55-60kk venue with access from West Brompton and Fulham Broadway.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. I understand the importance of the CPO as compared to United's policy :lol:

Definitely. A very stupid mistake on his part.. I think there's a slight overreaction on this story though, it's not like Chelsea will make this decision hastily and I'm sure they'll consider the rich history and tradition of Chelsea at Stamford Bridge & if we did move, I'm sure it would be in consultation with CSG.

The CPO need to look at the future of the club. Roman isn't gonna be with us forever. Hr has done alot for the club and is willing to do even more. 20 years on If Roman were to leave we should be in a position to financially sustain ourselves. New stadium means we can generate more revenue and also attract new owners if Roman was to quit. If CPO stays it means the club cannot recoup the money they would use to build the stadium.

This is a new chapter in the club's history and we should all accept it and move on. If we don't we could face sanctions from financial fair play and even worse this could drive out Roman too which could spell a disaster for the club.

Is knocking the village down an option? I would gladly see that go if it meant we could expand SB.

We have known for years that for us to compete in the future, especially with the financial rules in play we were going to need a bigger stadium, with all the big clubs in Europe having far bigger stadiums it has to happen.

It has also been pretty clear that the chance of us expanding the bridge for a number of reasons is slim to none.

Chelsea building a new stadium at a new location has been on the cards for a while now, but with the current announcement it really is hitting home and not suprisingly it has divided opinion. It is a unique situation for us having the CPO shares in place which very much complicates things for Chelsea.

As much it would break my heart for Chelsea to leave Stamford bridge, for progress and for the future i think it is inevitable that we will move to a new loacation.

Chelsea need to be very clever about this, there needs to be serious communication with the club and match going fans with regards to location, design ect.. it will be the right way to do it and the only way to smooth the transition over.

The thing that can be to our advantage is that the CPO can hold the club to ransom by demanding that the fans opinion should be taken into consideration whether it is the aethrtics and design or even ticketing prices. This can help avoid an Arsenal type disaster.

Te reason ticket prices are higher now is because we have limited seats at The club and we need to increase revenue through the sale of tickets to meet the Financial Fair Play rules.

New stadium with 60000 seats would mean decrease in the ticketing prices.

Example: 42000 for 60$ each = 2.52m

60000 for 45$ each = 2.70m

The revenue increases and the ticket prices go down. Fans are benefitted and the club is benefitted. Everyone goes home happy

The idea of moving is to make more money so why would they reduce prices. What would be the point of making the same amount of by selling 55k seats at a reduced price when they can make the same money selling 44k at the current prices.

it could work -a new stadium with atmosphere -terracing at both ends, cheaper prices, and lets face it the atmosphere at SB is nothing like it used to be -we've just the fantastic history...but more than likely the reality is , this wont be the case

There are millions of people who miss out on actually going, and their only experience of Chelsea FC is through millions of pixels on a TV screen. I think for those people its easy to make judgements.

Whatever happens, it wont be for quite a while yet though...

The idea of moving is to make more money so why would they reduce prices. What would be the point of making the same amount of by selling 55k seats at a reduced price when they can make the same money selling 44k at the current prices.

The example I provided was for a game.

Over a season we assume to have 30 home games.

42000 by 30 by 60$ each= 75.6m

60000 by 30 by 45$(I'm being generous) each = 81m

Add the naming rights for 15m and that's 21 million more a season.

There are millions of people who miss out on actually going, and their only experience of Chelsea FC is through millions of pixels on a TV screen. I think for those people its easy to make judgements.

I would prefer to stay at the bridge but I am more concerned about the Clubs future 15 yrs down the line.

You tell me how we can sustain with the Financial Fair Play rules coming up in few years. The rules states that your transfers should be funded by the money the club generates be it by sale of merchandise or gate receipts.

The fans don't want the club to raise the prices of the ticket.

The fans don't want the club to move.

The fans don't want the club to sell the naming rights.

How exactly do you think the club can be self sufficient and avoid the sanctions from FFP

The example I provided was for a game.

Over a season we assume to have 30 home games.

42000 by 30 by 60$ each= 75.6m

60000 by 30 by 45$(I'm being generous) each = 81m

Add the naming rights for 15m and that's 21 million more a season.

And a new stadium would cost how much?? Wembley was £800 million. I'm sure the club will want to get some of that money back.

People suggesting ticket prices would go down if we went to a new stadium are completely wrong. If anything they will go up.

There will be 101 ways round the Financial Fair Play rules, guaranteed. Some clubs will get away with it. and they're so fickle, it will have changed by then.

They have problems filling the stadium now, so a 60k seater would be no guarantee. As far as fair play revenue is concerned, that can be merchandise, individual broadcast rights, and as we've seen with Citeh their sponsorship. In an ideal world they will look at revenue as a whole so if they get in 20,000 more people who pay less for the tickets but they make up the revenue on beer etc then that can work, they should also consider that by having a price point which enables the younger generation in they will be guaranteeing attendances over time because the 17 year old who bounces behind the goal today may well turn into the grizzled middle aged boo-er who wants to sit on the half-way line in 40 years time. And it is important to get following football into people's veins if they want to keep a full stadium.

I just hope they take things like that into consideration, and dont see TV money as a never ending pot, and a substitute for proper fans/atmosphere. Like I said these things dont matter if you only watch on TV, so no problem

"Look at Arsenal, since the move there haven't been any complaints there.”

''Ron Harris is employed as an after dinner speaker at the club''

Methinks sir Ron and all employees have had a club briefing

:D Gawd bless 'im