The English Football Thread

Steve

The old cynic in me says that if someone like Costa had done what Aguero did he would have been charged by the FA and probably charged by the police. Hazard took the ball from a ball boy (17 he was which is not a boy in my book) got a three match ban. Aguero hits the geezer and is dragged off the pitch by his teammates and gets precisely fuck all action against him. He said he spat at him which I doubt quite possibly some spittle came out when he shouted at him but the bloke never spat on him deliberately.

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

30 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

The old cynic in me says that if someone like Costa had done what Aguero did he would have been charged by the FA and probably charged by the police. Hazard took the ball from a ball boy (17 he was which is not a boy in my book) got a three match ban. Aguero hits the geezer and is dragged off the pitch by his teammates and gets precisely fuck all action against him. He said he spat at him which I doubt quite possibly some spittle came out when he shouted at him but the bloke never spat on him deliberately.

What happened?

See this is the problem, the FA cannot separate the two incidents. He was supposedly spat at, then it's simple a ban for life for the supporter and the club fined heavily for their lack of stewarding and being naive to the situation. The next thing, he punches or attempts to punch a fan, if that is not justified punishment then I really haven't a clue what is.

What the FA have done here is take total sympathy with Aguero and actually felt sorry for him. Of course it's awful that he's been supposedly spat on, but they have glossed over it and let him away scot free.

The FA are absolute fucking idiots.

Weird to thing how many chances we had to go 2nd and now Liverpool have leapfrogged everyone...and if we win tommrow that won't change... 

Can see them challenging for definite next season.. Assuming they get the back sorted and hold onto the players they need to.. Joy.... 

Weird to thing how many chances we had to go 2nd and now Liverpool have leapfrogged everyone...and if we win tommrow that won't change... 
Can see them challenging for definite next season.. Assuming they get the back sorted and hold onto the players they need to.. Joy.... 
Salah won't be there next season

1 minute ago, DDA said:

'Arsenal are a disgrace' - Gary Neville

Because they're losing a match to a vastly superior team with a vastly superior manager? It's certainly in vogue for these pundits to consistently bash Arsenal but we didn't see this language for this language since they've been crap post Ferguson. Or for Liverpool who haven't won anything worth remembering in years. Neville is a disgrace for his selective bashing of Arsenal. Doesn't have the balls to do likewise with some other clubs. 

1 minute ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Because they're losing a match to a vastly superior team with a vastly superior manager? It's certainly in vogue for these pundits to consistently bash Arsenal but we didn't see this language for this language since they've been crap post Ferguson. Or for Liverpool who haven't won anything worth remembering in years. Neville is a disgrace for his selective bashing of Arsenal. Doesn't have the balls to do likewise with some other clubs. 

He was talking about the desire of certain individuals. He is absolutely right. If I backed the Gooners and watched Ramsey and Xaka walk back whilst City are breaking on an attack... i Too would be going mental.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

And we didn't even beat them once in FOUR games this season. :rant:

If you look at the League table right now, I would say bar Uniteds position, it is a true representation of where the top 6 clubs are at in terms of squad ability.

1 minute ago, DDA said:

He was talking about the desire of certain individuals. He is absolutely right. If I backed the Gooners and watched Ramsey and Xaka walk back whilst City are breaking on an attack... i Too would be going mental.

Too me its a bunch of nonsense really not that you're not spot on, you are, but Neville is a hypocrite because the moment Arsenal fans start calling for "Wenger out" he criticizes them. Wenger is the root cause of their problems. He's been way past his sell-by date for many years now but when their fans want him out he bashes them.