• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Imagine what it must be like and most of your best players are still very young. With infinite money to constantly replenish their squad when needed, they are set up to dominate European football for a while.

There will always be Real Madrid and Barcelona who would want to lure those players into their squads. City's history is nothing compared to those two, and I predict both to bid for players like De Bruyne, Sane and Jesus in the future.

So contrary to your analysis, I think the longevity of this City team is questionable and far from being certain.

Watching sane use his insane pace and dribbling to drive in and destroy arsenal has got me jealous. So many players have better dribbling but are not as effective as sane is with it. Sane has 11 assists and he was injured for a while already this season. Fantastic player honestly

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

The mentality of City is quite something..."They forget they are tired"

Siege mentality that, and that's why along with playing great football they will this league easy.

Sounds like a hoary old cliche to me. When you have a bottomless pit of money and a huge squad which you can rotate if necessary and a top manager your going to win everything. The Premier League is an average and overrated league as summed up by the league table where Everton in 9th could be dragged into a relegation battle. 

16 hours ago, Azpinator said:

There will always be Real Madrid and Barcelona who would want to lure those players into their squads. City's history is nothing compared to those two, and I predict both to bid for players like De Bruyne, Sane and Jesus in the future.

So contrary to your analysis, I think the longevity of this City team is questionable and far from being certain.

Nah they won't be able to just sign player from city. This city team is super rich like PSG. This season Barca an Real did not spend too much. Yes Barca spend a ton but the majority of them came from Neymar

Nah they won't be able to just sign player from city. This city team is super rich like PSG. This season Barca an Real did not spend too much. Yes Barca spend a ton but the majority of them came from Neymar
Real are going to spend plenty this Summer.

Just now, LAM09 said:
4 minutes ago, communicate said:

Real are going to spend plenty this Summer.

I think they will but I'll be surprised if they can poached city star unless the number is just ridiculous 

I think they will but I'll be surprised if they can poached city star unless the number is just ridiculous 
I'm sure they could sign someone like Aguero fairly easy. De Bruyne is probably the only City player that would be almost impossible to sign right now.

14 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
21 minutes ago, communicate said:

I'm sure they could sign someone like Aguero fairly easy. De Bruyne is probably the only City player that would be almost impossible to sign right now.

Even if they'd agree some sort of fee, I doubt any player would want to leave City at the minute, especially if Pep signs a new deal

Even if they'd agree some sort of fee, I doubt any player would want to leave City at the minute, especially if Pep signs a new deal
Might be the case for some but very few reject Barca/Madrid. City winning the CL would be the only thing to change that right now.

4 hours ago, communicate said:

Although both are capable of spending, my point of focus was using their status and history to attract players. 

Man City and PSG can be super rich but they don't have the history advantage.