test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Steve

The English Football Thread

Started by Steve,

16 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I would still take him if he wants to leave Tottenham. 

nah, too much of a bottler for my taste, he should be doing much much more with this Tottenham team

xPetrCechx, Mana and Essien19 like this

36 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I would still take him if he wants to leave Tottenham. 

Meh. Has shown he can build decent teams and play good stuff but no thanks, I think. Seems to bottle it when it REALLY matters. The League Cup final, two FA Cup semi finals, two Premier League title races, the game against Juventus. 

Johnnyeye and Iggy Doonican like this

42 minutes ago, Jason said:

Meh. Has shown he can build decent teams and play good stuff but no thanks, I think. Seems to bottle it when it REALLY matters. The League Cup final, two FA Cup semi finals, two Premier League title races, the game against Juventus. 

Is there a manager that you really think is good and you would like to see at Chelsea?

4 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

:D

Guardiola needs to answer serious questions if he doesn't ..., Let's not make him sound like better than he is. People who praise Guardiola for this .. seem to forget that he ...

I am pretty sure he will find bunch of stuff of to fill those blanks.

12 hours ago, Jason said:

There's an article in today's Guardian titled ''Pochettino's success at Tottenham cannot be judged on trophies alone''. Have you ever heard such apologist bollocks ?. If you want to be considered as an elite club you have to win a major trophy which hopefully Spurs never will. Can you imagine an article saying Sean Dyche should be sacked because he hasn't won anything yet. So many Spurs fans in the media going back to the 60's just remember Portsmouth have won the FA cup more recently than Spurs.

Jason, kmk108, Johnnyeye and 1 other like this

13 hours ago, Jason said:

Yeah but he might be good for now. Giving that we are not spending big and will more then likely continue like that till Stadium expenses are finish. 

To me he is the perfect manager to have to implement more youth and work with a budget constraint. 

37 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Yeah but he might be good for now. Giving that we are not spending big and will more then likely continue like that till Stadium expenses are finish. 

To me he is the perfect manager to have to implement more youth and work with a budget constraint. 

But what's the point if he doesn't breed winning mentality by constantly playing down the importance of winning trophies - even if it's the League Cup or FA Cup?

Elsewhere, Klopp has lost the plot...

http://global.espn.com/football/liverpool/story/3465312/liverpool-boss-jurgen-klopp-rages-over-west-broms-useless-comeback

"Useless comeback,'' was Klopp's assessment of West Brom's late recovery. "I don't think that point will help West Brom massively, it is a complete waste of points: they don't need it, we would have needed it.

"They are happy now, we are not happy. We stay in the league, they don't stay in the league -- it is a strange situation.''

Johnnyeye likes this

Just now, Laylabelle said:

Didn't he moan about the grass as well. Werid statement to make! Why do they need it more? Hardly gana not finish top 4

Yup, he did. Think Guardiola made a similar complaint some years back? Said the grass was too long or something like that. 

Just now, Jason said:

Yup, he did. Think Guardiola made a similar complaint some years back? Said the grass was too long or something like that. 

Next it'll be wrong patten... Know excuses happen but really a bit desperate. 

We could bring Poch in for 2 or 3 seasons to build some sort of a team then Roman will get pissed off cause we havent won owt and can bring in someone else to finish the job off!

I wake up with the screaming abdabs thinking rhat Brenda is coming to be honest!!

Or MAYBE Roman sees what Klopps done )or should that be Salah?) and go for his old assistant David Wagner.We got them in a few days so lets see of Romans at the game.But as theyre only 6 points from demotion hes not done owt sparkling as he.

Can we actually see Luis Enrique building a team with a small budget?

Chelsea should put some money into Fulham FC share of Wembley and west London can share and academy with CFC and FFC.

39 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

ouch lmao