• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

10 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Funny thing is before the Spurs game we were six points clear of second place, now it's seven. Long way to go and all of that but when we lost there was an awful lot shit written.

Exactly. Media making a huge deal we broke our streak but losing to Spurs away from home is totally normal, even for us with title aspirations.

As long as we continue to capitalize on those "smaller" games, we dont need to win at all cost against the likes of Liverpool, City, etc. This is how Ferguson won a bunch even without the best team.

49 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

The most hyped battle for the title in the history of football between the Manchester clubs before the season has now turned into the battle for a Champions League spot next season haha.

Fuck the hopeless British media, fuck Mourinho, fuck United and Paul Pogba :D And the bitter mancs who thought they are back in the title race.

Don't forget the build-up to that Manchester Derby.. Where one newspaper in Spain dubbed it "Manchester- The Modern Centre of Football". Lmfaooo

what a result for us. 7 pt lead restored. Spurs got Europa league coming up, that should finish them. Match at Anfield gonna be massive. Just gotta avoid a loss at all costs. 

Imagine one of City/United missing out on Top 4? That would be the dream. 

City finished fourth last year, spent £170m and may drop out of the top four, surely even the most ardent of Pep enthusiasts are beginning to realise how bad this is. If Everton can beat them 4-0, I dread what Spurs may do to them.

Honestly, I find it pretty unfair for EPL to only have 4 spots for Champions League. Having 2 of City, United, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea out of European football while seeing some of the trash teams that get in is ridiculoua. Should easily be 5, even if it only keeps 3 as direct locks for the group stage.

Honestly, I find it pretty unfair for EPL to only have 4 spots for Champions League. Having 2 of City, United, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea out of European football while seeing some of the trash teams that get in is ridiculoua. Should easily be 5, even if it only keeps 3 as direct locks for the group stage.

UEFA has changed it to 5 I believe coming year... or something like that. Same goes for Spain and Italy.

Thing is that Real, Barcelona and the last 3 years Atletico have been keeping Spain on top themselves on the UEFA coefficient list. English teams (like Arsenal) blow it every single time thus resulting in less points for England.

7 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

UEFA has changed it to 5 I believe coming year... or something like that. Same goes for Spain and Italy.

Thing is that Real, Barcelona and the last 3 years Atletico have been keeping Spain on top themselves on the UEFA coefficient list. English teams (like Arsenal) blow it every single time thus resulting in less points for England.

They changed to 5 for next year. This year 2 clubs will still miss it. Well, thank fuck that stupid Platini is out of the picture and with him all those obscure teams that used to get in thanks to politics.

To your second point, this just proves how dumb this system is. 2-3 teams can carry an entire league, even if all the other 17 teams are usually shit.

And worse, english teams cant allow themselves to focus on UCL because that probably means missing out on next year's competition. Like City now, they could easily start focusing on UCL if it wasnt so hard to finish top4 in England. 

Anyways, it was just a sideways rant. No biggie as I am sure we will finish top 4...

They changed to 5 for next year. This year 2 clubs will still miss it. Well, thank fuck that stupid Platini is out of the picture and with him all those obscure teams that used to get in thanks to politics.
To your second point, this just proves how dumb this system is. 2-3 teams can carry an entire league, even if all the other 17 teams are usually shit.
Anyways, it was just a sideways rant. No biggie as I am sure we will finish top 4...

Teams like PSV (sadly), Legia, Rostov etc are Europa League level teams and have nothing to seek in the UCL.

Here in Holland everyone is going apeshit for the Dutch teams to miss out on direct UCL qualification over 2 years. The Dutch champion will have to play group qualifiers first.
I'm against it. Just place them directly in the Europa League.
Ajax and PSV will never win the UCL again and the Eredivisie and the Dutch national team are shit.

34 minutes ago, Rmpr said:

Im sorry but what exactly have EPL teams done to deserve extra spots? 

If there's one league that deserves more spots it should be Spain, for their complete dominance of UCL & Europa. 

Doesn't matter tho, cuz Uefa have already decided to follow your lead.

11 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Im sorry but what exactly have EPL teams done to deserve extra spots? 

If there's one league that deserves more spots it should be Spain, for their complete dominance of UCL & Europa. 

Doesn't matter tho, cuz Uefa have already decided to follow your lead.

The simple fact they are waaaay better than the majority of the teams that make the UCL every year. Plus the fact UEFA would generate more money if more bigger teams made the cut. People dont want to see Besikthas (no offense to them, its just and example) instead of a Manchester United with Ibra and Pogba.

Or do you really think all those teams from Eastern Europe are better than City (for instance) who is currently out of next year competition? 

4 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

City finished fourth last year, spent £170m and may drop out of the top four, surely even the most ardent of Pep enthusiasts are beginning to realise how bad this is. If Everton can beat them 4-0, I dread what Spurs may do to them.

It is bad and I can see pep why pep is very frustrated. They concede tons of chances from own mistake and simple long ball. 

If it will be the Spurs team that beat us 2 weeks ago and destroyed WBA then Pep is going to have a very hard time. Spurs in 3-4-3 is an oiled fighting machine.