The English Football Thread

Steve

So the end of Upton Park - theres a real atmos there and wont be replicated at the Olympic stadium, and will be reflected in their results next season.

My favourite memory of Upton Park was around 2002 and we won 3-2 in the cup. Absolute screamer from JFH and JT scored the winner. Cue fucking pandemonium. Mental outside afterwards as well.

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Kazakhstan, Romania, and Mongolia for Mou in the Europa League next season! :D

...unless City choke epically in what is essentially a cup final against Swansea.

Would be interesting to then hear what Mourinho says about the Europa League, considering he's never been shy to bash the competition in the past.

30 minutes ago, Jason said:

Would be interesting to then hear what Mourinho says about the Europa League, considering he's never been shy to bash the competition in the past.

He'll most certainly change his tune and say how important it is now. Hopefully for Chelsea's benefit he plays his strongest XI each tie and runs them into the ground like he did ours.

West Ham fans you really have to question their mentality. Final ever game at that shit pit and all it will be remembered for is their retarded fans attacking the United coach. So they get a new ground which frankly is a rip off for Londoners and these twats will never be able to step foot in it. Chances are they will get nicked lose their jobs and I bet most of them were in their 40's and 50's it's nothing short of pathetic. People are always slagging off Chelsea fans but that would never happen at the Bridge we leave the bottle throwing and the false bravado to the likes of Spurs, Liverpool and West Ham.

I utterly blame Juventus for putting such a high evaluation on Pogba a season or 2 ago. I believe that solely started the trend of every player suddenly being worth an extra 15m just for the fuck of it. 

You would fucking laugh any other year at the prices being thrown around for players now. I say this after seeing - Arsenal in for Xhaka - at 35m? In the same week we're trying to sign Nainggolan for what would be around the same. It's really annoying and laughable. Who knows where on earth football's going to be in 10 years time, any ideas? 100m spunked on teenage prodigies? What sort of rich owners will we have by then?

breaking news - news just in

Danny Welbeck: Arsenal striker ruled out for nine months

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36270266

Arsenal and England striker Danny Welbeck has been ruled out for nine months following surgery on a knee injury.

Danny Welbeck to miss Euro 2016 after Arsenal and England striker is ruled out for nine months following knee surgery

By Luke Augustus for MailOnline

Published: 01:24 EST, 12 May 2016 | Updated: 01:26 EST, 12 May 2016

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3585129/Danny-Welbeck-miss-Euro-2016-Arsenal-England-striker-ruled-nine-months-following-knee-surgery.html

20 hours ago, Stats said:

How Martial was not a contender for YPOTY is actually shocking! I have been stating this before he even scored the 2 goals tonight. He has had a better season than Coutinho and Barkley who were included. Martial is such a brilliant player and he is only 20.

Next Thierry Henry