test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the wes

Romelu Lukaku joins Chelsea

Started by the wes,

2,347 posts in this topic

Finally my Idol is on the verge of signing, im sooooo EXCITED to watch lukaku play at HIS Bridge! Awsome prospect fot the future and for some reason I think Lukaku and Josh M will be great mates lol. Lukaku and Sturridge wow!

"A matter of days if not hours" -- AVB, just saw a bit of his press conference on SS and that's what he said. Good times.

Only a freak event would stop this deal happening, he's even training with the team already... people should stop worrying, official announcements always take more time than they should.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7095480,00.html

"He is one of those players we couldn't afford to lose because of his potential and that's why we made the move in the market even though our team is competitive enough in that sector of the field," said the Chelsea boss.

Recognition by AVB that we didn't need another striker but just didn't want to miss out on him, reassuring.

sLOVEnian Blue and Sheva. like this

it was a threat that we would permit this boy to escape and so I moved things on a little bit to try to bring him to the club. I think it will be a question of days, hours, before we get it done.'

Another sign of AVB's control over transfers.

CHELSEAMACEDONIA likes this

Off topic mate. But could you point me in the direction of the original image in your sig. Cheers.

If AVB has that power of control, then Roman trust more AVB then he did Carlo?

Something that we never saw when Ancelotti was in charge! Boas on the other hand wants to build the team himself. The board only make the suggestions.

I'm not sure about this signing. I mean he's a promising player for the future but he's bound to create more selection problems for AVB...that's what got carlo sacked. And I can't help think that signing Lukaku means selling Sturidge!

I'm not sure about this signing. I mean he's a promising player for the future but he's bound to create more selection problems for AVB...that's what got carlo sacked. And I can't help think that signing Lukaku means selling Sturidge!

Why does when a new player get signed they assume its the end for a young one, its hardly ever the case. We here the same crap with Modric, people seem to think McEachran is in trouble if he signs.

Prime example remember when Deco signed for Barcelona? Iniesta was only 19 and was on the verge of breaking through to the first team week in week out, every one thought Deco was going to push him back but did it? no and it won't happen here either.

It actually means getting rid of Anelka and Kalou, not Sturridge.

CHELSEAMACEDONIA likes this

Prime example remember when Deco signed for Barcelona? Iniesta was only 19 and was on the verge of breaking through to the first team week in week out, every one thought Deco was going to push him back but did it? no and it won't happen here either.

That's barcelona, our owner doesn't exactly have the patience to wait for a player to develop. When was the last a youngster at chelsea was really given a chance to stay and grow in the club? Almost all our young players end up leaving such as: Glen Johnson, Steve Sidwel, Di Santo, and lately Manciene, Bruma.....the list seems endless.

That's barcelona, our owner doesn't exactly have the patience to wait for a player to develop. When was the last a youngster at chelsea was really given a chance to stay and grow in the club? Almost all our young players end up leaving such as: Glen Johnson, Steve Sidwel, Di Santo, and lately Manciene, Bruma.....the list seems endless.

That's such a boring cliche.

Peace. likes this

FFS stop saying that buying Lukaku means selling of Sturridge! There's no way Sturridge would've been given the chance as a central striker with Torres and Drogba around. Dani will play on the right side while Anelka and Kalou will enjoy the look from the bench.

Drogba will play for another season probably and if Torres doesn't start playing well we'll be without a real striker. Atm yes we don't need Lukaku but he will not be under big pressure and he'll have time to get used to life in England. He's 18!