Luka Modric

DavidEU

I think that either Modric or Benat would never work well together with Mikel. He is just to slow and doesnt cover enough. Modric/Benat needs someone lilke Capoue who is fast and can cover whole midfield...

Not true. That's like saying Xavi doesn't work with Busquets because Sergio's too slow - and Mikel being bad at covering is a myth.

Not true. That's like saying Xavi doesn't work with Busquets because Sergio's too slow - and Mikel being bad at covering is a myth.

I get your point, but its completely uncomparable

to barca. Barca has specific system that runs for ages, their brain is connected to each other. They work as team and thats the reason they are very sucessful. Because they cover everyone and all know what exact role they have. Here, Mikel and Benat would be strangers. It could work out in few seasons, but there is also another thing. Busquets might be slow, but he is fantastic playmaker from deep and his pasing in all directions is brilliant too. Mikel only does simple passing and that might not work with someone like Benat who would pass lot to his pivot pair.

Isn't Modric too lightweight when you consider that most of the other midfielders are lightweight as well? We've got only 3 players with power and height in the midfield: Lampard (leaving when?), Mikel (international duty), and David (when moved there).

Not sure Modric is what Chelsea is short of right now; just get Oscar to drop deep and you have a similar player.

I get your point, but its completely uncomparable

to barca. Barca has specific system that runs for ages, their brain is connected to each other. They work as team and thats the reason they are very sucessful. Because they cover everyone and all know what exact role they have. Here, Mikel and Benat would be strangers. It could work out in few seasons, but there is also another thing. Busquets might be slow, but he is fantastic playmaker from deep and his pasing in all directions is brilliant too. Mikel only does simple passing and that might not work with someone like Benat who would pass lot to his pivot pair.

Perfectly justifiable post mate, but what Mikel is excellent at is not losing the ball and recycling possession. Surely with Benat, who has the eye for a killer pass next to him, the pivot would be a lot more solid? Benat can pass it to Mikel as many times as he wants - Mikel rarely loses the ball, and clocks up a lot of passes anyway as he makes himself available for the pass quite well.

IMHO Modric or Benat or any DLP of their ilk should in theory do well with Mikel by their sides. In reality would it work though? I don't know, we'd have to (hopefully) wait and see when we get these players.

Signing Modric and Song from RM and Barca where both dont play would be great piece of bussines. Quite impossible but still...

I've been saying this to myself for the past week or so. Completely agree.

Unless we are signing Modric purposely to play in the CENTRE of midfield, and not as a playmaking role, .. we don't need him .. we've got Mata and Oscar to cover that area!

He is dpl, thats his best role. He played there for spurs...

He is dpl, thats his best role. He played there for spurs...

And for Real he wasnt good enough in this position (I think that, and most Real fans). So, Spurs or Real Madrid? i want to be in the level of Real if im honest.

Modric isnt aggressive enough, not talking only about his physics but mainly about his approach off the ball. He is not like Moutinho who offer non stop pressure and firmness. He's just a bit soft.

For that reason i think his best role is in a 4-3-3 formation. But even then, i dont think he's a player for the very top top teams (but thats just my feeling).

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You