Mikel John Obi

Badboy

These days in football, seeing acts of loyalty are scarce in a game where we constantly pay over the odds for players who show no commitment for the team or fans to repay their generous salaries.

John Obi Mikel is a delightful anomaly. The fact he still asked to play is one of the most courageous things I've seen from a Chelsea player, or any player, in a very long time. What's more is, he didn't let it affect his performance as he was solid throughout as usual.

Absolute hero. :clap:

Maybe his relationship with his father isn't that strong to affect him enough :D just throwing the thought out there... :whistling:

He obviously does because he's distraught over it and said he will pay any amount to get his dad back.

Maybe his relationship with his father isn't that strong to affect him enough :D just throwing the thought out there... :whistling:

I don't think it's your place to speculate on that and I think it's a bit sick you'd even suggest such a thing without any basis in fact.

Anyway hopefully now a line of contacts been established things will all end well.

I don't think it's your place to speculate on that and I think it's a bit sick you'd even suggest such a thing without any basis in fact.

I'd become a hell of a journo... should think of it

just messing, didn't think that seriously

John Mikel Obi is just amazing, says Chelsea boss Villas-Boas

Andre Villas Boas faced one of the toughest days of his fledgling managerial career when he had to tell John Mikel Obi his father had been kidnapped.

The Chelsea manager, 33, said it was difficult news to deliver, but praised Mikel's mental fortitude in light of such trauma.

article-0-0D6DE1D600000578-922_468x375.jpg

The midfielder played against Stoke less than 24 hours after hearing of Michael Obi's abduction and has made himself available to face West Bromwich today.

Mikel's family have since received a 'sizeable' ransom demand and recovered Mr Obi's Mercedes Benz car. Villas-Boas said: 'It was difficult to break the news to him. Not easy. It's a pretty sensitive situation and pretty traumatic.

'I agree he showed amazing mental toughness. I just have to go with the word my player gives to me and, for the game against Stoke, Mikel felt well enough to play.

'Mikel made himself available for training and selection so I will just judge the situation like that. 'Hopefully he can get this thing solved as soon as possible. That's what we hope for.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2028120/John-Mikel-Obi-just-amazing-says-Chelsea-boss-Villas-Boas.html

BBCFarayi Farayi Mungazi

Breaking News!!! Nigerian police confirm to the BBC that they have found John Mikel Obi's father alive and well in Kano

Fucking awesome news. I would say Mikel needs to go home, but after looking @ the circumstances it might be better if Mikel brings his dad to London where its a bit safer.