Mikel John Obi

Badboy

AVB on Mikel

'Mikel had a knock that he suffered a couple of days ago in training. He had an injection to avoid the pain but it was getting pretty nasty for him and we decided to take him out of the game.

'We will evaluate the situation and then make a decision because Mikel is one player who is involved in international duty. For sure, the national team doctors will also take a look at him.'

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow, and he still played 90minutes today?

What character from him. Poor guy though, unimaginable how much stress he must be under.

We all have a moan sometimes about players playing for money etc, He showed today that he values his job and the team at a time where he could of sat the game out. Puts things into perspective.

We all have a moan sometimes about players playing for money etc, He showed today that he values his job and the team at a time where he could of sat the game out. Puts things into perspective.

Definitely.

Still can't believe he played despite that. Imagine the emotions he was going through, especially if he'd have scored that goal. I think we can all understand if he heads back to Nigeria soon.

Definitely.

Still can't believe he played despite that. Imagine the emotions he was going through, especially if he'd have scored that goal. I think we can all understand if he heads back to Nigeria soon.

not even id want josh to get his break under those circumstances

Such a shame that shot didn't go in. Would of been unbelievable playing under all that stress and worry. Let's hope he turns up safe and sound. Credit to mikel for playing today, shows a lot of character from the lad.

i should imagine Andre gave him the option...i`m guessing Mikel wanted to play to try and escape from his current private hell for a lil while or because he thought it would be something his dad would want him to do.

hope his dad shows up safe.

p.s. i couldn`t read the link,for some reason my screen freezes when i click on links..so just going off what`s printed on here.