Mikel John Obi

Badboy

I think the situation with his dad's kidnapping messed up his mind. He showed amazing composure and commitment to play during the time, but surely that sort of thing is bound to unsettle you.

yes this is a fact too, lets see...

He is hated by his Country for stepping back more then ones only because of CHELSEA (AFCN, and WC), he last time didnt perform for Nigeria because of an Ankle Injury and was thrown right back into the Mix by AVB, despit his Nationalteam Coach stating, he would throw Mikel out if he plays at the weekend.

Then his father was Kindapped...

Then you play the season of you're life and even then ppl and especially you're own fans don't rate you.

He's here now for a tremendous 6 Years since he was 18, did you ever hear him saying he is not going to pen a new contract? You remember hero Terry officially was demanding other players put pen on Paper or he may would leave?...

so these are all components that play against him, but as a Player of such an stature, you HAVE to get you're mind right, as hard is it sounds...

A few goals, doesn't matter whether its deflected shots, tap-ins, penalties or lucky strikes is all it would take for the media and the most ignorant of our fans to rate him.

exactly thats the only thing, and he's so unlucky with that, you remember the seven shots at the post in ONE season? sometimes its like God hates to see Mikel score :D

A few goals, doesn't matter whether its deflected shots, tap-ins, penalties or lucky strikes is all it would take for the media and the most ignorant of our fans to rate him.

I already said it, that if he wouldn't have been converted into a DM he could have been a great CM or AM with a lot of promising creativity and other well-developed attacking skills. Maybe that was one of Jose's biggest mistakes, to preapare Mikel for Maka's holding midfielder job.

I really like Mikel's style and I believe if a coach would allow him the offensive latitudes Ramires and Lampard and all the other midfielders are allowed he could make his impact on the game, ergo he would be more rated.

I already said it, that if he wouldn't have been converted into a DM he could have been a great CM or AM with a lot of promising creativity and other well-developed attacking skills. Maybe that was one of Jose's biggest mistakes, to preapare Mikel for Maka's holding midfielder job.

I doubt we're saying the same thing. I meant to say that one of the main reasons he isn't rated is because he doesn't produce stats that would impress idiots who'd rather look at numbers than a football game to form their opinion about a player.

I'm not against him being a holding midfielder or the fact that he was converted into one. The only other role I could imagine him performing is that of a Ballack-esque CM, one similar to how Ballack played towards the latter stage of his career.

not exactly... he should been given more freedom for sure and get jose out of his mind with his safety first approach... Mikel was looking sublime for large spells of the last three seasons and at the beginning of this season... I thought he had done his breakthrough in the last two seasons... but right now its like I don't see the same player with his confidence, ballcontroll and elegance while playing... Mikel just did look like a Giant on the pitch when he normally played, (Manure Fa-Final, two seasons ago against Manur Old Trafford, Arsenal at the Bridge and away the last 2 Seasons, Inter MIlan CL, CL-Semifinal against Barca away, where he fooled the whole barca Midfield)...

its just what would kill every footballer, its when you loose you're hunger and you're motivation, and this normally happens if your club or you're fans don't rate you...

but not covering Mikel, if any player plays bad for a period of more than 3 games, he has to proove himself again and fight for his place in the team, even Terry or Drogs, so why not MIkel? this is my opinion...

Maybe, but even if he had done what you said, he wouldn't have reached his potential as a kid. He could have become a world-class attacking midfielder, but he's now just an above-average DM. He has played some great games, but overall I would say he has been a good player, nothing fantastic at all.

And no, a few goals/more assists wouldn't have changed my mind.

Maybe, but even if he had done what you said, he wouldn't have reached his potential as a kid. He could have become a world-class attacking midfielder, but he's now just an above-average DM. He has played some great games, but overall I would say he has been a good player, nothing fantastic at all.

And no, a few goals/more assists wouldn't have changed my mind.

so I can name more games when Drogba DIDN't perform than when he did perform but we all, or at least, I rate him as one of the biggest STrikers ever...

so I can name more games when Drogba DIDN't perform than when he did perform but we all, or at least, I rate him as one of the biggest STrikers ever...

Hmm well Drogba changed games. Makelele dictated games. A DM's job is the control the pace of the game and/or to stop opposition's attacks. Mikel has done neither of the two that fantastically, IMO

If we had had a better DM after Makelele, we would have been a better team and a more successful one.

so Sorry I Strongly disagree, just take a Minute and look at older stuff, at the beginning of this season, especially him against arsenal at the bridge last Season and watch what he did... than you'll see the real Nature of his game...

He looks wonderfull in playing quick one twos with Lamps and getting his mind right for the next pass, thats when he is at his best, an when he kan play with his sublime technique (seldom seen such a big guy with his quick feet)...

the only thing what is a downside on his game, is whne he plays fist time balls, its not that hes technically limited for that, its just because he is a bit slow in his mind, and dont see the spaces as quick as lets say lampsy... but he is 24 and play'n a crucial position... and a cruell one...

I doubt we're saying the same thing. I meant to say that one of the main reasons he isn't rated is because he doesn't produce stats that would impress idiots who'd rather look at numbers than a football game to form their opinion about a player.

I'm not against him being a holding midfielder or the fact that he was converted into one. The only other role I could imagine him performing is that of a Ballack-esque CM, one similar to how Ballack played towards the latter stage of his career.

I did get it what you wanted to say, I just didn't want to write that what you said on my own because I think so too (Yeah, I'm lazy to write five words or so^^). I should have written something like "That's exactly that what I also think about him" etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Mikel frustrated by fringe role, but understands team comes first

"It has been hard, but the most important thing is that the team keep doing well," he said.

"As much as I want to play, the team come first.

"If the team keep winning, then I shouldn't complain. Any time I am called upon, I just want to help the team win."

Good attitude.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mikel claims Anzhi bid

Chelsea midfielder speaks about possible Russian move

http://www1.skysport.../11668/7542066/

Was just about to post that. I think it would be a great move for him because he will play on a regular basis and will probably be offered much more money there. It would also be a nice change if we sold a player before he is 30 and has lost his market value.