Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Once again, this Mikel moving to gala stuff is completely baseless. Just a bunch of Nigerian/African papers/editors making up stuff to big up their player.

Come next year, he will still be here.

He will eventually become like Malouda, asked to find a new club, gets no satisfactory offers and then relegated to reserves and made to train with the youth squads. <You heard it here first>

If he is indeed on or around 80K a week, then yeah you are dead on.

It is really sad watching older games and john obi mikel play and you could see he is a shadow of the player he was.. if we can get anything between 15-20m euros for him I say we take it. I don't have hate for the player and I will not celebrate his departure if he does leave but I do believe it is time for us to go in a different direction w/out him

I've always wondered what kind of player he was before reaching Chelsea. Did JM turn him into a defensive midfielder and curb his attacking mentality? I hate saying this but I've never seen him as a top class defensive midfielder and £12m+ would be a decent deal.

What a great manager Jose is ,back at the club for less than a month and he has already identified a major problem within the club and has obviously told Mikel he can go ,that is why he is referred to as the special one,no messing ,great times ahead for us.

Back Chelsea for the league with Jose back one league title in seven years was not good enough during his spell away.

I've always wondered what kind of player he was before reaching Chelsea. Did JM turn him into a defensive midfielder and curb his attacking mentality? I hate saying this but I've never seen him as a top class defensive midfielder and £12m+ would be a decent deal.

We really did big time. He used to be the number 9. In 2005 he was being compared with Messi after he bettered him in the Fifa championship. He wasn't only comparing to Messi but was held in higher regard to most of those talented players including Aguero :D One does wonder where Mikel would have been today had he signed for United...

What a great manager Jose is ,back at the club for less than a month and he has already identified a major problem within the club and has obviously told Mikel he can go ,that is why he is referred to as the special one,no messing ,great times ahead for us.

Back Chelsea for the league with Jose back one league title in seven years was not good enough during his spell away.

it doesn't take a special one to notice that Mikel is hindering us, but i agree

The deal is far from being done, so I don't know why you're pretending an offer has been accepted and that because there hasn't. Mikel isn't a major problem. Who brought Mikel to the club? It was Jose.

Mikel was always a Jose project and chances are that Jose will actually keep him around. What will you say about JM then?

The deal is far from being done, so I don't know why you're pretending an offer has been accepted and that because there hasn't. Mikel isn't a major problem. Who brought Mikel to the club? It was Jose.

Mikel was always a Jose project and chances are that Jose will actually keep him around. What will you say about JM then?

He'll praise Jose for "fixing" Mikel. It'll be hypocrisy all the way but we're already used to that anyway.

If 20 million is on the table Mikel will be gone ,Rafa had him worked out and left him out of the team ,Mikel is deluded his comments about being too good for the Europa League were ubelievable considering his useless efforts were a massive factor in us being there in the first place,if Jose is half the manager I know he is he will know the score on Mikel and he will be gone and I will drink a glass of champagne that we are finally rid of this coward of a player .

I can see Mikel causing the frist conflict at the club between Jose and Emenalo ,we have a problem here ,at Rafa's first press conference he announced that Mikel had been given a 5 year contract ,Benitez did not give him a five year contract ,by the time Benitez had left he had worked Mikel out and dropped him ,even Ake was playing in front of Mikel v Everton . Now my guess is Emenalo played a big part in Mikel getting a five year deal ,Benitez obviously did not rate Mikel and is a top manager ,what if Jose does not rate Mikel ,will Emenalo like this ? .

In my opinion Jose needs to have control of this issue and Emenalo top coach of womans football teams,should continue to work as a scout and leave the team to Jose . Lets hope this has been agreed and Emenalo knows his place as director of football /scout, not manager of the team . Without this having been clarified I can see problems as Emenalo obviously rates Mikel and is his mate, hence the five year contract when we were managerless. If Jose rates Mikel then OK ,no problem. But Rafa obviously did not .

It already happened under Benitez and we went on a great run securing third place when many thought we would not and winning the Europa League ,Rafa embarrased Mikel, to have a kid play in your place in an important game is a big insult ,

Benitez had made up his mind on Mikel ,even Lampard who we were told could not play 2 games a week was playing three at the end. Luiz,Lampard,Ramires,Ake were all in front of Mikel at the end of the season ,he was dropped.

Very good reasons why this is true from the Chelsea point of view , Mourinho is one of the worlds best coaches he will have recognised how poor Mikel is and it will come as no surprise to me that Mikel is amongst the first players he will want rid of.

Mourinho will not have come back to Chelsea without guarantees on his dominance of all things to do with the team and the players in the team as well as the players we sign and sell. I am not sure in the recent past our managers have had total control over who plays ,Jose will have this.

I am sure Galatasary and any other club who are interested in Mikel will be given encouragement to make a bid and I think Galatasary have probably made an enquiry and been given the green light .

It is great to have Jose back making the right calls at Chelsea once again ,cant wait for the season to start .

It's extremely obvious that you don't like Mikel and want him gone but seriously, you have basically been just spouting the same nonsense and generic comments with plenty of assumptions in it about Mikel over and over and over again. Some of these things you have said in recent days are getting tiresome!

Mikel has always been a better player as the sole holding player in a 433.

4231 is a less good formation for him as it gives him added responsibility to create from deep, whereas before he could distribute to the two central midfielders ahead of him. 4231 doesn't play to his strengths, but I think he's an excellent player when his strengths are catered for.