Timo Werner

Captain Ahmed

Sources saying Klopp informed Werner that unfortunately couldn't happen for financial reasons, not playing reasons - Liverpool told the Athletic that it was more because they didn't want to pay for a player who would start as a sub

Klopp apparently planned to wait til Jan 2021 AFCON to integrate Werner more (with Mane and Salah away) but due to AFCON likely being moved to 2022, that plan got scuppered

United said they'd have to shift Pogba first to be able to meet Werner's release clause

Lamps sold Werner on the project over two phone calls

Original plan really was Liverpool now, or stay at RB another year - but apparently Leipzig financials not flash enough and so they had to sell now, so was either Liverpool or someone else

Lamps and Cech were pretty sold on Auba, wanted him in Jan, but Arsenal wouldn't - obvious advantage to getting Werner is 7yrs younger than Auba

Lampard likes him being similar to Mertens (seems to be in relation to flexibility of playing across front 3)

I've been watching the German football all season and well before lockdown and seeing Werner play he has aura of a killer instinct about him. Penalties he looks cool as ice, one on one he looks he isn't going to miss and his pace is absolute dynamite.

This is the most excited I have been over a Chelsea signing in years.

I've been watching the German football all season and well before lockdown and seeing Werner play he has aura of a killer instinct about him. Penalties he looks cool as ice, one on one he looks he isn't going to miss and his pace is absolute dynamite.

You can clearly see his aura of killer instict when he misses big chances. Tammy and Werner have similar chance Conversation rates. Werner also is the Player that missed second most chances in Bundesliga. He is cold as ice lol

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Don't understand your reaction. He used to be my almost-neighbour and played for the then local Bundesliga club VfB Stuttgart and he really never impressed me. My VfB friends regularly got frustrated with him. However, same applies to Rüdiger who had the same fate here in Stuttgart.

He has evolved in Leipzig but my Bayern friends are actually convinced they dodged a bullet by losing out on him. In the National team, I found Werner to be very mediocre so I am very curious to see how he turns out.

Therefore, I am quietly happy but not going overboard. Tbh, I'm not sold on him yet and still prefer Sancho much more.

2 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

Don't understand your reaction. He used to be my almost-neighbour and played for the then local Bundesliga club VfB Stuttgart and he really never impressed me. My VfB friends regularly got frustrated with him. However, same applies to Rüdiger who had the same fate here in Stuttgart.

Therefore, I am quietly happy but not going overboard. Tbh, I'm not sold on him yet and still prefer Sancho much more.

You're saying like he hasn't improved since his Stuttgart days. How old was he back then? 18? 19? He may not be as fancy as Sancho or he may not experienced a meteoric rise like Sancho but even the doubters would have to admit that he has steadily improved over the years. 

5 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

Tbf some player mature late. I trained with a few guys who later became pros or semi pros two of which still play in Bundesliga and they never really stood out.

Rüdiger and Werner indeed are a special Stuttgart connection and i have heard from multiple witnesses how shit they were in training in their teens. Especially Rüdiger,I remember in one of his first game he conceded a penalty and got a red card, exposing his lack footballing intelligence. Yet tons of coaches throughout his career have believed that he can more than compensate this with his athleticism and leadership. It sounds comical but there are numerous example from various sports when setting the team up properly can paper over a single players weaknesses while emphasizing his strengths.Just think Payton Manning who always was (rightly) criticized for not having a strong enough right arm and he still became one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. Same applies to Werner. He is not the greatest talent in the world but he has raw pace, both in acceleration and in end speed. He is a hard worker who loves to press. He is also seldom injured which has accelerated his development. He is a hard worker with a white belt-mentality eager to learn from everyone. Paired with the right players who can play him in he can be an absolute weapon. The question is always do those obvious weaknesses matter and are his strengths so vital that it worth building a team around the player. In the case of Werner, the board, Lamps and the scouts obviuosly all watched atleast as much footage of him as we did and concured that we can use him. So lets at least for the moment respect their professional assessment.

25 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

He has evolved in Leipzig but my Bayern friends are actually convinced they dodged a bullet by losing out on him.

No offence but I find it funny when people use "my friends also think he's not very good" like some sort of generalization that everyone within the fanbase don't rate the player. 

I'm kind of disappointed (but at the same time intrigued) because we are going to have to change formation.

Lone striker his only chance of succeeding in the PL is to try to play similar to Vardy, otherwise he is so easy controlled physically.

442 is such as shit formation we would suffer from it.

So I guess he plays as a wide 'striker' either 433 or 4231.

If he plays as a number 10 you may as well call it a 442 with him as second striker.

Hope not. We needed mount in number 10 because he would drop back and be a 3rd cm when we didn't have the ball.

As I see it, we've most likely bought a wide player, not a striker. Tammy and giroud again?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

He looks like an absolute monster on youtube. Immense finishing, good link up play, blistering pace, the killer instinct... then I watched him vs Tottenham in the CL and I can't help being left disaapointed in what I saw. That being said,  it was only two games in which he did score a pen... he is young and has many years to grow. Anyone with a decent footballing brain can see he will bring something benecicial to our squad and Klopp wanted him, which says it all. Fair play to Frank for playing his part in convincing him. 

1 hour ago, Supermonkey92 said:

I'm kind of disappointed (but at the same time intrigued) because we are going to have to change formation.

Lone striker his only chance of succeeding in the PL is to try to play similar to Vardy, otherwise he is so easy controlled physically.

442 is such as shit formation we would suffer from it.

So I guess he plays as a wide 'striker' either 433 or 4231.

If he plays as a number 10 you may as well call it a 442 with him as second striker.

Hope not. We needed mount in number 10 because he would drop back and be a 3rd cm when we didn't have the ball.

As I see it, we've most likely bought a wide player, not a striker. Tammy and giroud again?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Im sure Lamps will take care of that......when he starts banging them in, his mantra for me will be the reaper of goals. He has the potential to become a Chels legend.