• Giroud
    • Willian (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Can see us going 2 up, then they get one back, then penalties. Then fuck knows.

Yep!!!! We'll find a way. Score look hopeful then think nahhhhh. Off they go... Run run run. Oh shit they have the ball.. Oh balls in the net. Oh woops that is how you score! Back to the circle we go. Run around in circles. Over the bar.. Pass pass... Oh they've scored again! Oh shit we lost but hey we had lots of possession hurrah!!!! We win the stats! 

11 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Yep!!!! We'll find a way. Score look hopeful then think nahhhhh. Off they go... Run run run. Oh shit they have the ball.. Oh balls in the net. Oh woops that is how you score! Back to the circle we go. Run around in circles. Over the bar.. Pass pass... Oh they've scored again! Oh shit we lost but hey we had lots of possession hurrah!!!! We win the stats! 

:D

8 minutes ago, Mana said:

Pep won the league last season. So no, he wouldn’t have been sacked if he mirrored it here. Finishing 3rd place on his first season isn’t bad. We didn’t sack Mourinho on his return (1st season) did we?

2016 - 4th (lost to Leicester)

2017 - 3rd (lost to US :))

2018 - 1st 

So it took him 2 seasons to improve with almost unlimited funds and a much deeper and fuller squad than we have/had.

If Pep had come here and finished the first 2 seasons like that, the place would be in meltdown.

The above demonstrates my point nicely- we need to give people time. So he might be playing Alonso and Willian - but how do you know for sure he doesn't want them upgraded, or believes he can coach them into suitable players?

I got the Ibra stuff with Jose - it was loyalty, but it can't be loyalty with Sarri as he's only just turned up...

Occams Razer - our current available rotations offer little more benefit?

On 1/21/2019 at 4:15 AM, Superblue_1986 said:

I'm still raging, got about 2 hours sleep.

The NFL will bring a rule change in more than likely moving forward, won't change what happened. If anything it will probably come in and cost us next season given recent luck.

Sorry man.  It was complete BS.  There were some terrible calls in the AFC games as well.  But, really, that was just atrocious. 

Just now, Mana said:

....he didn’t arrive in 2015/16 season...

Pellegrini was still manager...

Yup - Jesus feels like he's been here forever, see post above yours.

I just think we need to give Sarri a few more transfer windows.

6 minutes ago, Mana said:

...only if he finishes within the top 4. Being 12 points ahead of United, and United still getting CL while we don’t is unacceptable.

And his treatment with the youths is extremely bad. Keeping the undroppable lovechilds as well. False nine. It’s piling up.

I don't know- but do you think he wants to lose games? 

He sees these players 6 days week in training. He must have a reason for playing them and for me 'stubborness' does not cut it. 

How many managers have we had and we always complain about the same thing? First it was Jose, then Conte and now Sarri. 

That tells me something else is wrong in our club. Managers know they are going to be sacked, so as any good professional knows- they will always (and rightfully so) play the percentage game and the percentage game is known proven players.

This is why we fail as a club

And bringing any manager in will yield the same outcome- IMHO

11 hours ago, Mana said:

For me it does cut it. It’s stubbornness. You honestly think Alonso and Willian are performing well? 

I don't understand why this makes sense to you. What's the analysis? Maurizio sees that particular players are not doing well, realises that it would be wise to try alternative players instead, but won't do it just so he isn't seen to change his mind? I just don't see how people can believe he would think like that. Even if he did, that still leaves people having to explain why he changed his mind about Alvaro. Why is he stubborn about some players, but not others?

I'm sure people can twist their minds into coming up with various answers to that question but the simple explanation is surely the truth. Maurizio picks the players he thinks make up the best team.

43 minutes ago, Mana said:

For me it does cut it. It’s stubbornness. You honestly think Alonso and Willian are performing well? 

We complain about the same thing because they do the same things as each other. Ignore title winning youths. Youth members leaving (Conte exception). Have lovechilds. Not pragmatic enough.

Hence why we call them stubborn.

Oh! The other thing they all have in common is that they all blame the players for everything and not themselves! 

How about Sarri being like Klopp and experiment with other players instead of using the same old tired, underperforming players? You’ll never convince me that there’s nobody in our whole Chelsea squad...that can perform better than Morata, Willian and Alonso. 

If he experimented against Arsenal, and we still lost, I’ll be angry and disappointed, but not at Sarri as at least he’s trying. He’s not trying, when he plays false nine when Hazard has shown time and TIME again he is ineffective there. And you’re telling me he’s not stubborn? Come on now.

Klopp only "expieremented" with other players when he was given better options in the market. Have you forgotten how long Lovren and Henderson survived in his side as undisputed starters? Or how long Moreno and Klavan were playing a lot more than their quality deserved? The one positioned he tried to change was keeper and alas, Mignolet's replacement was even worse which only added to the issue.

If Sarri buys a new LB and Alonso is still undisputed #1 then yes serious questions need to be asked but for now he deserves the benefit of the doubt because lets be real, Emerson has looked wack himself in most of his appearances.

3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I understand the reaction to Sunday, and all that happened to lead up to it. I also am not thrilled about the prospect of losing to City at Wembley but, this is Tottenham. I am hyped and I'm desperate to win. Not because it takes us to a final, but for its own sake. If the day ever comes when I'm not bubbling with excitement in the lead up to a Spurs game call a doctor for me please.

Oh by the time the game starts I'm fairly sure I'll be hyped up too.I am just not hyped at the minute. But once the game starts I'll be kicking every ball :D

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

Feel for him, said straight away looks like hamstring on Sunday. 

This might tip Poch over the edge with his small squad and no backing by the owner - can see him at Utd, where he has an abundance of players.

11 hours ago, Muzchap said:

2016 - 4th (lost to Leicester)

2017 - 3rd (lost to US :))

2018 - 1st 

So it took him 2 seasons to improve with almost unlimited funds and a much deeper and fuller squad than we have/had.

If Pep had come here and finished the first 2 seasons like that, the place would be in meltdown.

The above demonstrates my point nicely- we need to give people time. So he might be playing Alonso and Willian - but how do you know for sure he doesn't want them upgraded, or believes he can coach them into suitable players?

I got the Ibra stuff with Jose - it was loyalty, but it can't be loyalty with Sarri as he's only just turned up...

Occams Razer - our current available rotations offer little more benefit?

Very good point, I am trying to say the same thing for weeks and the comparisons to Pep and Klopp are the right ones to make. Actually the one to Klopp is more suited at the moment because of the difference in budgets Chelsea and City operate on. 

But personally I think that the impatience we now feel from some Chelsea fans comes from some sort of, I don't know how to call it, immaturity maybe? We've been spoiled for years with transfers and trophies but maybe it is the time we accept that it could actually be a period of 5-7 years from now on until we win a big trophy again (league title/UCL)? It is something we should think about and try to accept - Chelsea does not compete by themselves! City are only going to get better and let's face it - as much as we hate Liverpool and United - they are not going to be dog turd forever. You knew a time would come when Liverpool was going to be back in the title race - well here it is. 

This is not 2007 anymore when you only had to worry about United. As soon as we accept this I think we'll be far more patient with managers.