• Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Barkley
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Giroud
    • Willian (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

I have absolutely no confidence in the manager whatsoever, someone who's openly admitted he can't motivate the players ffs

His tactics as many have said is one dimensional, and as far as I can see he's lost the players, they don't want to play for him.

Sorry to say but I don't think we've got a chance of beating Spuds even without their missing players.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mourinho: “I’m not saying Chelsea is an easy team to play against, but it is an easy team to analyse. You analyse Chelsea quite easily, you know their principles. If you stop Jorginho, you create great difficulties for Chelsea to build in the first phase.” #CFC (beIN)
 Mourinho: “Then if you close their left side with David [Luiz] and Marcos Alonso, and you give the ball to the right side, it’s quite difficult for Chelsea.” #CFC (beIN)

34 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

What are the rules for this one? A 2-1 Chelsea win takes the game to OT? Or is it the away goal rule applied? 

No away goal rule. No extra time. If the score is level on aggregate after 90 minutes, it goes straight to penalties.

4 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

What are the rules for this one? A 2-1 Chelsea win takes the game to OT? Or is it the away goal rule applied? 

Away goals count after extra time

3 hours ago, Jason said:

No away goal rule. No extra time. If the score is level on aggregate after 90 minutes, it goes straight to penalties.

8 minutes ago, Jack25 said:

lol. so what now?

but i think it is a mix from both. There is extra time but there is no away goal rule, at least if it is if wikipedia is right. also i remember when we beat liverpool having drawn 1-1 at anfield and iva scored a 1-0 winner at the bridge in extra time, so that would vindicate that.

Two posts above you, guys:

3 hours ago, Jason said:

The change is from this season.

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

lol. so what now?

but i think it is a mix from both. There is extra time but there is no away goal rule, at least if it is if wikipedia is right. also i remember when we beat liverpool having drawn 1-1 at anfield and iva scored a 1-0 winner at the bridge in extra time, so that would vindicate that.

My understanding is always that away goals count after extra time. If we win 2-1 tomorrow, Spurs would go through is it's still 2-1 to us after extra time due to their away goal.

3 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

and away goal rule?

nothing written about that in the article

It took Klopp 3 seasons to get his defence sorted when even football spectator knew that was the problem. That's 6 Windows. He's lost every final he's played in.

If he was manager here he would have been sacked ages ago, same for Pep... 

4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

and away goal rule?

nothing written about that in the article

https://www.efl.com/carabao-cup/about-the-carabao-cup/carabao-cup-rules--regulations/

"14.5 In the Semi-Final ties, if the aggregate score is level at the end of the second game no extra time shall be played and the tie shall be decided by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with procedures as approved by IFAB."

Away goal doesn't count extra. 

1 hour ago, Jack25 said:

48 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

https://www.efl.com/carabao-cup/about-the-carabao-cup/carabao-cup-rules--regulations/

"14.5 In the Semi-Final ties, if the aggregate score is level at the end of the second game no extra time shall be played and the tie shall be decided by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with procedures as approved by IFAB."

Away goal doesn't count extra. 

Jack is wrong there. They changed the rule this season.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/08/do-away-goals-count-in-the-carabao-cup-semi-finals-8322786/

After Sundays debacle, I'm really not bothered about this game, whereas usually the chance of getting to a final, any final would have me tingling. I think even if we do manage to beat the Spuds we wont be able to roll City over again. For me, I think we must put all our efforts into securing 4th spot and keeping Arsenal and United out. Because the erratic way we're performing at present points to a 6th place finish. I feel Sarri needs to be given plenty of time, but so far I'm not impressed with his stubbornness and refusal to change a system that has stopped paying dividends.Also the playing of our best players out of position. If, on Thursday night, he decided to change it around, tweak his system and play some youth and peripheral players, even if we lose I'd be kinda happy. But sticking to a system that the big teams have sussed is a recipe  for another disastrous night at the Bridge.

3 hours ago, Starman60 said:

After Sundays debacle, I'm really not bothered about this game, whereas usually the chance of getting to a final, any final would have me tingling. I think even if we do manage to beat the Spuds we wont be able to roll City over again. For me, I think we must put all our efforts into securing 4th spot and keeping Arsenal and United out. Because the erratic way we're performing at present points to a 6th place finish. I feel Sarri needs to be given plenty of time, but so far I'm not impressed with his stubbornness and refusal to change a system that has stopped paying dividends.Also the playing of our best players out of position. If, on Thursday night, he decided to change it around, tweak his system and play some youth and peripheral players, even if we lose I'd be kinda happy. But sticking to a system that the big teams have sussed is a recipe  for another disastrous night at the Bridge.

I understand the reaction to Sunday, and all that happened to lead up to it. I also am not thrilled about the prospect of losing to City at Wembley but, this is Tottenham. I am hyped and I'm desperate to win. Not because it takes us to a final, but for its own sake. If the day ever comes when I'm not bubbling with excitement in the lead up to a Spurs game call a doctor for me please.