Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea 2-1 Spurs


Jase

Man of the Match  

16 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

    • Kepa
      3
    • Azpilicueta
      1
    • Rudiger
      0
    • Luiz
      1
    • Emerson
      1
    • Jorginho
      0
    • Kante
      1
    • Barkley
      0
    • Pedro
      0
    • Hazard
      9
    • Giroud
      0
    • Willian (sub)
      0
    • Kovacic (sub)
      0


Recommended Posts

Chelsea 2-1 Tottenham
PRE/POST-MATCH DISCUSSION, LIVE CHAT AND ANALYSIS


Eden+Hazard+Chelsea+FC+v+AFC+Bournemouth

2018/19 Carabao Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg
24th January, Thursday, 2019
Stamford Bridge
19:45 Kick Off (UK time)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Sideshow Luiz said:

CHO - Giroud - Pedro

Barkley - Jorginho - Kante

Emerson - Luiz - AC - Azpi

Personally, I'd rotate a bit more, but that's who I think he'll go with.  Marina can bring in Jorginho's back-up any time now...

Rotate? Sarri be like...

tenor.gif?itemid=6081931

Doubt we would be surprised one bit if Sarri ends up fielding the same old starting XI here!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Rotate? Sarri be like...

tenor.gif?itemid=6081931

Doubt we would be surprised one bit if Sarri ends up fielding the same old starting XI here!

I think CHO, AC, and Barkley are going to start.  Giroud and Emerson, I'd rate as probable.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

CHO - Giroud - Pedro

Barkley - Jorginho - Kante

Emerson - Luiz - AC - Azpi

Personally, I'd rotate a bit more, but that's who I think he'll go with.  Marina can bring in Jorginho's back-up any time now...

Hazard has gone of the boil recently, but you really think our best player should be benched in a crucial game like this. We have Sheffield Wednesday on Sunday. That is when he should be resting likes of Hazard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I worry for Sarri here. If he can't get a tune out of the players or show no signs of changing things up personnel wise a little and we lose I think the atmosphere will turn toxic on both him and some of the players.

Spurs should be there for the taking though and you would like to hope that if this group of players have personal pride that they'll be hell bent on righting the wrongs of the Arsenal game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I worry for Sarri here. If he can't get a tune out of the players or show no signs of changing things up personnel wise a little and we lose I think the atmosphere will turn toxic on both him and some of the players.

Spurs should be there for the taking though and you would like to hope that if this group of players have personal pride that they'll be hell bent on righting the wrongs of the Arsenal game.

That's because we Chelsea are a toxic club. I'm actually disgusted at how quick our fans have fully turned on Sarri and embarrassed knowing how quick the players could too. This game vs Spurs could literally make or break the dressing room if the Arsenal game hasnt already.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, DDA said:

That's because we Chelsea are a toxic club. I'm actually disgusted at how quick our fans have fully turned on Sarri and embarrassed knowing how quick the players could too. This game vs Spurs could literally make or break the dressing room if the Arsenal game hasnt already.

I detest the board far more than Sarri

my main issue with him is that we wont ever try to adapt away (if even for a bit) from this fucked up 4 3 3 straitjacket

also his lack of rotation

and trotting out

u-g-F3MM1T0.jpg?w=550&h=550&p=0

 

Image result for willian

49640ec2800589859cd8db98abfe0a91.png

most bloody games

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, DDA said:

That's because we Chelsea are a toxic club. I'm actually disgusted at how quick our fans have fully turned on Sarri and embarrassed knowing how quick the players could too. This game vs Spurs could literally make or break the dressing room if the Arsenal game hasnt already.

Yeah the fan base has a shorter patience than the board at times. Without this coming out the wrong way (and I don't want it to be seen as a knock on anybody) but our fan base has grown to ridiculous levels over the last 10-15 years. That is also a generation of success. There is a significant proportion of fans who have started supporting Chelsea or kids growing up supporting Chelsea who have only ever experienced success and I do think this has an effect on the lack of patience when you see comments on social media, etc.

I view it as the same for me watching NFL. I'm a big New Orleans Saints fan but I have only been following it for 10 years and they've had Drew Brees at quarterback the whole period who will go down as one of the all time greats. In all likelihood he will retire in another year or two and it'll be difficult to adjust to the team being led by a new quarterback and the comparison and expectations will always turn back to Drew Brees, and naturally I think there won't be much patience because fans are used to how great the quarterback has been.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Yeah the fan base has a shorter patience than the board at times.

How patience should we be with a rigid manager as Sarri? I can be patient but Sarri is reaching the level of insanity with doing the same thing again, again, and again. It really makes it very easy for fanbase to turn on a coach who doesn't try and think he can make a brake through by banging his head on the wall constantly. 

He talks about lack of motivation from his players, maybe it is time to drop some players to make a point. Look at Pep he dropped Kyle Walker who is arguably the best in his position for 3 straight games after subpar performances. What does Sarri do? he rewards the players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Rotate? Sarri be like...

tenor.gif?itemid=6081931

Doubt we would be surprised one bit if Sarri ends up fielding the same old starting XI here!

We win this game with Alonso and Willian and they gonna be even more undroppable.

We win this game with Emerson and CHO, Sarri will bench the two 100% for next 10 PL games.

Its a lose lose scenario anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Yeah the fan base has a shorter patience than the board at times. Without this coming out the wrong way (and I don't want it to be seen as a knock on anybody) but our fan base has grown to ridiculous levels over the last 10-15 years. That is also a generation of success. There is a significant proportion of fans who have started supporting Chelsea or kids growing up supporting Chelsea who have only ever experienced success and I do think this has an effect on the lack of patience when you see comments on social media, etc.

I view it as the same for me watching NFL. I'm a big New Orleans Saints fan but I have only been following it for 10 years and they've had Drew Brees at quarterback the whole period who will go down as one of the all time greats. In all likelihood he will retire in another year or two and it'll be difficult to adjust to the team being led by a new quarterback and the comparison and expectations will always turn back to Drew Brees, and naturally I think there won't be much patience because fans are used to how great the quarterback has been.

 

I agree with the exaggerated wild reactions (myself included). 

But we do make some valid points. You can see its not working yet Sarri who is an expert doesnt see it. And it will go like we are not qualified for such observation and Sarri and club are always right. That is just false. 

Fans saw it with Iva. They saw it with Cahill. They saw it in Cesc. Now they see it in Alonso and Willian. The managers however always reacted much later, but once they did they proved fans were actualy right.

I dont think people want Sarri out seriously. Its just angry reaction. But its also true we are not as pissed with the defeats as much we are pissed with lack of progress, motivation and most importantly changes. That shit just wont fly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't want to be a party pooper...but Alonso and Willian will start again...

ffs with all due respect to Lincoln in lower division... They won't even need any extra work in training to cage and defeat Sarri rigid formation and tactics coupled with shit players he keeps putting out every week...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Stats said:

Hazard has gone of the boil recently, but you really think our best player should be benched in a crucial game like this. We have Sheffield Wednesday on Sunday. That is when he should be resting likes of Hazard.

Forgot that it was FA Cup next weekend and not the Premier League.  You're right, Hazard is going to play.

I'd imagine that may well mean that Kovacic will start again for Barkley (and, probably Alonso too).  Shit, I thought it was PL and we needed to rotate.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sarri blasts his players and yet, he will field them again on Thursday. Hey hey hey, maybe this time it will work!!

Anyway, they may not play for the Italian anymore but maybe, just maybe, some of them have the Chelsea pride in them (?) and will do anything to stop Tottenham from winning a trophy. Just maybe. Fabregas would fight, not one single doubt. He hates them. Jorginho could not care less, just like the majority of his team mates. Sadly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

People can’t be this naive around here. :)

while he can rotate, dropping senior players who are underporming needs to be done very carefully. That’s the easiest way to lose the dressing room and ones job for a manager.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Robchels said:

People can’t be this naive around here. :)

while he can rotate, dropping senior players who are underporming needs to be done very carefully. That’s the easiest way to lose the dressing room and ones job for a manager.

LOLOLOL

Tell that to Zidane, Klopp, Pep, Poch, Fergie, Valverde, Deschamps, Max Allegri, Simeone, Joachim Löw, Giovanni Trapattoni, Rinus Michels, Marcelo Lippi, Bob Paisley, Ottmar Hitzfeld, Jock Stein ,Arrigo Sacchi, Carlo Ancelotti, etc etc 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

LOLOLOL

Tell that to Zidane, Klopp, Pep, Poch, Fergie, Valverde, Deschamps, Max Allegri, Simeone, Joachim Löw, Giovanni Trapattoni, Rinus Michels, Marcelo Lippi, Bob Paisley, Ottmar Hitzfeld, Jock Stein ,Arrigo Sacchi, etc etc 

LOLOLOLOL (I have more lols than you)

Right, because it did not happen to our very last two managers... and it will happen again to this one. Much quicker if he drops senior players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

image.png

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain and help us by switching it off.

KTBFFH
Thank You

Sure, let me in!