Christian Pulisic

the wes

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Paying so much for him, doing so almost as soon as the January window opened, and then the strange loaning him back there for the remainder of the season as a sweetener should tell us the club's thinking. They must know that had they waited until the summer our chances of signing him drop considerably due to competition from other clubs.

You can bet that all of our rivals would've been after him. The club didn't want to risk it. 

Right on...

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

Why do people keep on saying this? They don't even play in the same position! If anything, it's Hazard (ironically) who's blocking CHO's path to the starting XI!

Yes, lolol. I have never seen such confusion about RW v LW as I have with Hazard, CHO, Willian, Pulisic.

Hazard blocks CHO and Willian from their natural positions ie. LW.

Pulisic, is the rare right-footed player who is better on RW then left. He is npt a threat nor a replacement for Eden or CHO, but, due to Willian playing on RW so much, Puli is a threat, big time to Willi as RW starter if Eden stays.

Willi would move to LW as Eden replacement (dog help us all) IF Eden leaves, CHO leaves, and we buy no true new LW.

That would leave us only 3 real wingers, 

LW Willi

RW Puli

Ambipedal backup for either wing Pedro

RLC as emergency winger backup 

That scenario is DOOM

Especially if we still have our same strikers or we buy a shitter.

I highly doubt we go their.

Even Sarri and board (well Sarri at least) cant be THAT inept and numpty.

28 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

The player is promising but this is bad news for Hudson-Odoi IMO.

Except it might not be if Sarri decides to continue with this false 9 thingy.

Hudson - Hazard - Pulisic

At a glance that trio seems somewhat similar to what Sarri had at Napoli with Insigne, Mertens and Callejon. 

56 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

His surname… I mean he surely has some Croatian roots so what is the pronounciation of the name? Coming from Central Europe myself and knowing the languages, I find it really weird to end it with -sik.

Croatian grandfather

2 hours ago, the wes said:

Jurgen Klopp believes Christian Pulisic will be a “really good” player for Chelsea 

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1066090/Christian-Pulisic-Liverpool-boss-Jurgen-Klopp-verdict-Chelsea-gossip-rumours

Tbf the fact Klopp wanted him is a good sign, all of his signings at Liverpool bar Karius have been bang on!

1 hour ago, milan.cech said:

His surname… I mean he surely has some Croatian roots so what is the pronounciation of the name? Coming from Central Europe myself and knowing the languages, I find it really weird to end it with -sik.

I think he's said in the past that he pronounces it that way because that's how Americans pronounce it and that's where he's from.

So, it's like a lot of American pronunciations, phonetic.  Poo-li-sik

Despite what my little notice says, I live in Canada (now/again), can confirm that there is a TOT - TEN - HAM in Ontario.  It's a desolate backwards ass shit hole too, so that's common.

From Wiki:

The town was ravaged by a fire in 1895, which began at the McKinney foundry. Eighty structures were destroyed, including the foundry and a Methodist church. Despite warnings in 1884 that the town needed a fire engine, none was purchased. To combat the 1895 fire, the town of Allandale sent its fire engine, preventing further spread of the fire.

Anyone who's lived in London and overheard Americans on the tube understand.  "We're going to LIE-CHESTER SQUARE"

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Why do people keep on saying this? They don't even play in the same position! If anything, it's Hazard (ironically) who's blocking CHO's path to the starting XI!

Sancho is initially a left winger but he's playing on the right for Dortmund and making a reputation for himself. Left or right it's playing minutes and taking chances that matter. Hudson-odoi could very well be playing on the right wing for us but at the moment he's barely playing anywhere.

Pulisic is a young inconsistent player. We will have to be patient with him and give him minutes even when he's not performing well. We could do the same with Hudson-Odoi and ease him into the team but instead we're going to place our trust in a 64M player. There is no way whoever is in charge next season will be playing both of them at once.