General Chelsea Stuff

Lol that article forgets someone

None of the titles, or Abramovich, or Mourinho would have happened without the genius John Neal

John Neal signed Kerry Dixon, Speedie, Spackman, Joey Jones, Micky Thomas which saved the club, and propelled Chelsea upwards and onwards from disappearing

3 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Lol that article forgets someone

None of the titles, or Abramovich, or Mourinho would have happened without the genius John Neal

John Neal signed Kerry Dixon, Speedie, Spackman, Joey Jones, Micky Thomas which saved the club, and propelled Chelsea upwards and onwards from disappearing

Were you at the preseason game against Wimbledon where Spackers, Speedo and Kerry made their debuts? At least I think it was their debuts. There might have been an earlier game outside London but I can't be sure. Then, as now, I only went to games in the capital.

I think we might have beaten the Dons 3-0 that day, but I do remember for sure that there was a feeling of a new start and that Uncle Ken was claiming the credit. Of course.

20 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Were you at the preseason game against Wimbledon where Spackers, Speedo and Kerry made their debuts? At least I think it was their debuts. There might have been an earlier game outside London but I can't be sure. Then, as now, I only went to games in the capital.

I think we might have beaten the Dons 3-0 that day, but I do remember for sure that there was a feeling of a new start and that Uncle Ken was claiming the credit. Of course.

Didn't go to the pre season, and unlike yourself, went to mostly away games. We had a huge following then, and John Neal was a hero. Unlike Mourinho, Conte, Ancelloti he wasn't shown the door and he definitely saved the club. 

To quote Pat Nevin “He could build a team, beating and drawing against Liverpool who were the best in Europe when, only 18 months previously, the team he had were a kick from the Third Division.'' I remember we developed an invicibility, and the mood really changed on and off the pitch.

On 16/05/2020 at 6:20 PM, Vesper said:

Roman has been the best owner in Europe in terms of COVID-19 response

I can't say that I agree because I don't know what all the others have, or have not, done. I am proud though of how our club has behaved, and without any unnecessary virtue signalling either.

As to the players I'm a bit less sure. The full details of their discussions with the club are not public so maybe there is a positive slant that I'm unaware of. On the face of it however, their actions are capable of being interpreted as meaning that they have no sympathy for the club and are not willing to help it. They don't have to help if they don't want to, but It'd be a positive sign if they demonstrated some feeling for the club.

Contrast that with Charlie Webster's interview where he was beaming about how much he and his teammates care about the Chelsea academy. Again, I know first teamers don't have to love the club they work for, but it would still be nice to know that they do. Taken with the stories of the cold welcome given to Christian, the situation at Cobham is not coming across well.

1 minute ago, Laylabelle said:

Oooh the Everton one. Was at the Bridge for that..some guy had just been queuing up..put his bet on and just as coming back Everton scored...in seconds.

Saha after 30 seconds, we were just toying with them though :P