Followers 1

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Woulda been Rays 64th Bday today. Such a shame

Marcus Rashford has raised more than £ 20m for poor children to receive free meals in the Summer holidays. Superb. He knew what it was like growing up with nothing. Now I'm Chelsea through and th

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Ashley Cole says Luiz Felipe Scolari produced 'best football' at Chelsea

"He came and brought this new lease of life"

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11628292/ashley-cole-says-luiz-felipe-scolari-produced-best-football-at-chelsea

Cole snubs Mourinho and picks flop Scolari as best boss he played under at Chelsea

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8354827/cole-mourinho-scolari-best-chelsea-boss-ancelotti/

and from Mar 1, 2009 , 11 and a half years ago

Ashley Cole Misses Luiz Felipe Scolari At Chelsea

https://www.goal.com/en/news/9/english-football/2009/03/01/1132806/ashley-cole-misses-luiz-felipe-scolari-at-chelsea

:doh:

Daily Mail mentioned a number of players have tested positive for COVID-19 but didn't name the players while The Sun reported Pulisic, Abraham, Mount and Tomori are in quarantine but no mention whether they have tested positive or not.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Jason said:

:doh:

Daily Mail mentioned a number of players have tested positive for COVID-19 but didn't name the players while The Sun reported Pulisic, Abraham, Mount and Tomori are in quarantine but no mention whether they have tested positive or not.

That’s why we have a squad that’s deep as Mariana Trench 

let’s hope the players infected are Bats, Emerson. Drinkwater and Bakayoko so we can sell them as poison pills lol

thiago Silva should stay in quarantine as long as possible he is probably in the risk group given his age -.-

How is half our team effected by this but we haven't heard anything about other clubs? They all went away on holidays too.

Pretty irresponsible on the players to not be ultra careful knowing the next season was coming up so soon, though. 

How is half our team effected by this but we haven't heard anything about other clubs? They all went away on holidays too.
Pretty irresponsible on the players to not be ultra careful knowing the next season was coming up so soon, though. 
They all went to Greece, but it seems they are belong now to the danger zone of Corona and that is why all the players have to go to quarantine.

But it is nice that RLC, CHO, Giroud, Werner etc. did not go to holidays or to places which still are no danger Corona hot spots, so we should be fine.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

They all went to Greece, but it seems they are belong now to the danger zone of Corona and that is why all the players have to go to quarantine.

But it is nice that RLC, CHO, Giroud, Werner etc. did not go to holidays or to places which still are no danger Corona hot spots, so we should be fine.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

It may not hurt us on the pitch but almost all of the players quarantined are ones we hope to sell or loan. Wonder how this effects that.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Pizy said:

There's already been a number of cases reported at other clubs, not just ours - Sheffield United, Liverpool etc.

And latest I saw earlier was Pogba and Ndombele have tested positive for the virus and are in quarantine.

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

Don't even know why people went and travel anyway, knowing the risk and knowing the virus could be contracted at any point. 

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Don't even know why people went and travel anyway, knowing the risk and knowing the virus could be contracted at any point. 

Probably because (given their age and health) they were statistically more in danger travelling from A to B than they are of the virus.

33 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Probably because (given their age and health) they were statistically more in danger travelling from A to B than they are of the virus.

The virus may not be a serious health risk for them personally but it will fuck up their season preparations for sure. And even if it's not a big risk for them, they can easily infect someone else who might suffer worse from it so it's quite stupid.

Where I'm from they loosened travel restrictions and quarantine rules a while ago but even as someone who loves travelling the last thing on my mind was to go anywhere because I thought it would be really irresponsible. And surprise surprise, new cases were on the rise nationwide as soon as people started coming back from their trips.

If things continue like this, pretty soon we're right back to where we were around March-April with the pandemic in full flow again.

1 minute ago, Jype said:

The virus may not be a serious health risk for them personally but it will fuck up their season preparations for sure. And even if it's not a big risk for them, they can easily infect someone else who might suffer worse from it.

Where I'm from they loosened travel restrictions and quarantine rules a while ago but even as someone who loves travelling the last thing on my mind was to go anywhere because I thought it would be really irresponsible. And surprise surprise, new cases were on the rise nationwide as soon as people started coming back from their trips.

If things continue like this, pretty soon we're right back to where we were around March-April with the pandemic in full flow again.

But there's also other factors to consider.

The biggest elephant in the room is this pandemic could still be going on for a few years yet to some degree or another, I hope not but it's a possibility. Even if everyone stayed at home this summer at some point the world would have to start spinning again or Covid will be the least of our problems. A big part of the economy is tourism, it's the lifeblood for many countries.

If hypothetically this does last five years can we realistically ask a young person to give up half their 20s? Or a teenager not to do the things teenagers do for five years? (which would have disastrous social development consequences when they're an adult) Infact above all that would the elderly want to give up what could be over half the rest of their life? I'm sure if it came to it many would chose one month with their family/friends doing things they love doing as opposed to what would effectively be long term solitary confinement, for example my grandparents are worried about severely catching this but they've restarted their social life and meeting the family (taking the appropriate precautions) why? Because the one thing that scares them more than dying is just merely existing.

Unless we can 100% be sure a vaccine will be found very soon and it will work, we have to rebuild the world on the assumption we won't find one and have to coexist with Covid.

44 minutes ago, Tomo said:

But there's also other factors to consider.

The biggest elephant in the room is this pandemic could still be going on for a few years yet to some degree or another, I hope not but it's a possibility. Even if everyone stayed at home this summer at some point the world would have to start spinning again or Covid will be the least of our problems. A big part of the economy is tourism, it's the lifeblood for many countries.

If hypothetically this does last five years can we realistically ask a young person to give up half their 20s? Or a teenager not to do the things teenagers do for five years? (which would have disastrous social development consequences when they're an adult) Infact above all that would the elderly want to give up what could be over half the rest of their life? I'm sure if it came to it many would chose one month with their family/friends doing things they love doing as opposed to what would effectively be long term solitary confinement, for example my grandparents are worried about severely catching this but they've restarted their social life and meeting the family (taking the appropriate precautions) why? Because the one thing that scares them more than dying is just merely existing.

Unless we can 100% be sure a vaccine will be found very soon and it will work, we have to rebuild the world on the assumption we won't find one and have to coexist with Covid.

Yes, same conversations where I am. The fastest vaccine so far is the vaccine for mumps and it took 4 years (science is more advanced now and more countries, groups are looking to find a vaccine but still it could be a while longer than people can realistically wait). Only the ultra rich can wait something like this out. 

In football, I think having a deep squad with youngsters ready to fill in when there is an outbreak will be in practice from this season. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yes, same conversations where I am. The fastest vaccine so far is the vaccine for mumps and it took 4 years (science is more advanced now and more countries, groups are looking to find a vaccine but still it could be a while longer than people can realistically wait). Only the ultra rich can wait something like this out. 

In football, I think having a deep squad with youngsters ready to fill in when there is an outbreak will be in practice from this season. 

I do think there's hope a vaccine could be found a lot earlier this time purely because anyone who's anyone is working on one which is an unprecedented level of manpower. However there's no guarantee and we need to start planning and adapting on the assumption it won't come soon/ever.