Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

5 goals and 5 assist in around 800 minutes this season is pretty impressive for a 18 years old kid. I don't care what position we finish next season with transfer ban just give him number 10 and play him every PL game. 

7 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Board better not fuck up and keep him at all costs.

That said, I dont think he actualy wanted to leave in january. Bayern was surely serious, but Odoi giving transfer request was probably just press bs.

I highly doubt you reject a contract offer of a reported £85k p/w if you aren't serious about leaving. The main thing is about swaying him to stay from now and giving him appropriate game time.

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

He has a long way to go because he's 18, the frustration from the fans come because he is actually as good in terms of quality as Pedro and Willian, they only have experience over him. His experience will come when he plays more, and that's what he needs.

He needs more than the last 10 minutes of games, he should be playing and starting more. I'm not saying every game but more often and less cameo roles.

If we are willing to persist with Alonso we have to be willing to give this lad more chances.

How often has he had just the last ten minutes of games? And how many of them have been with the game already won? 

Most of his sub appearances have been a good chunk of minutes and with the game far from over.

Apart from Huddersfield at home all his minutes have been quite important in terms of either length or chasing/holding a scoreline.

I agree he should have played more but he has still been played in pretty important circumstances.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

How often has he had just the last ten minutes of games? And how many of them have been with the game already won? 

Most of his sub appearances have been a good chunk of minutes and with the game far from over.

Apart from Huddersfield at home all his minutes have been quite important in terms of either length or chasing/holding a scoreline.

I agree he should have played more but he has still been played in pretty important circumstances.

that is not borne out if we are talking the EPL

until the Wolves game he only had 74 total minutes

and still only has 103 all year, out of a possible 2610

2f6148ea7456a4b24a04980cf5612fc1.png

Think he still has a way to go. Can be a real potential. but at the minute can be naïve at times. If he was given 90 minutes regularly now, pretty certain he'd find himself dropped due to errors. Cameo roles atm seems about right, makes him concentrate the mind and play his best. His time will come.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

that is not borne out if we are talking the EPL

until the Wolves game he only had 74 total minutes

and still only has 103 all year, out of a possible 2610

2f6148ea7456a4b24a04980cf5612fc1.png

The league's the one tournament more minutes should have been afforded but ultimately he's likely going to end the season on around 25 appearances including a cup final, a semi at Wembley against Spurs while also being used in circumstances we are chasing (Wolves, Watford) or trying to close out games (Newcastle, Kiev at home to an extent).

The big disappointment for me is he didn't get the early round Europa and Carabao games, but beyond that I think his game time has been largely positive and we would have all took 25 ish appearances in the season for Callum had we been offered that in summer.

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Think he still has a way to go. Can be a real potential. but at the minute can be naïve at times. If he was given 90 minutes regularly now, pretty certain he'd find himself dropped due to errors. Cameo roles atm seems about right, makes him concentrate the mind and play his best. His time will come.

exactly!

When Eden plays, which is most of the time, we already have a winger who does not track back or defend. Our left side will always be a bit more vulnerable because of that.
So, for Odoi to get regular playing time he must help defensively. I could almost hear the/any manager saying as Odoi is about to to in, "I want you to do what Willian/Pedro is doing. Same movement and defending... once you have the ball, then you do your own thing!"

37 minutes ago, Robchels said:

exactly!

When Eden plays, which is most of the time, we already have a winger who does not track back or defend. Our left side will always be a bit more vulnerable because of that.
So, for Odoi to get regular playing time he must help defensively. I could almost hear the/any manager saying as Odoi is about to to in, "I want you to do what Willian/Pedro is doing. Same movement and defending... once you have the ball, then you do your own thing!"

Definitely. In a nutshell he has that notion he is better than he is atm. Sturridge was the same. Not a bad attitude to have, better than being negative, but he has to earn respect from helping his team mates out, defending as you say, for example speedy tacking back to get the tackle in