Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

23 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Entire world can see how promising he is yet Sarri is still keeps starting two 30+ year old wingers that blow cold more often than hot. 

Honestly...even Sarri's most staunch supporters won't be able to give a good excuse for this nonsense from him.

Even if CHO regularly came on as a sub in every game that would still be good.

He just leaves him out in several games, and complains that he has too many wingers to choose from.

9 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Honestly...even Sarri's most staunch supporters won't be able to give a good excuse for this nonsense from him.

Even if CHO regularly came on as a sub in every game that would still be good.

He just leaves him out in several games, and complains that he has too many wingers to choose from.

I could not care less about sarri myself, but what's in for him? How does Odoi's being so "promising" help him right now? What does he get by developing Odoi? that's the root problem with the club, not this particular manager.

Have a feeling sarri is not really working "long term" at the moment. ;) 

2 hours ago, Robchels said:

I could not care less about sarri myself, but what's in for him? How does Odoi's being so "promising" help him right now? What does he get by developing Odoi? that's the root problem with the club, not this particular manager.

This is exactly it, CHO may be the option with the greater rewards but he will still be viewed as the riskier option to the experience of Pedro and Willian.

I've actually backed Sarri over his use and development of CHO, although I do think he should have given him a start or two by now in the Premier League. It is getting to the point now however where Sarri could gain some major and much needed credit with CHO. The fans are desperate to see him play as an academy star and also because nobody wants to see him leave, and with the fans becoming more disillusioned with the team and performances each and every week, I think his inclusion would lift the club as a whole and get the fans on side more, which in turn would buy Sarri more time which he is running out of at present.

Either way though this will come to a head in the summer. The board have to 'prove' to CHO their backing and faith in him and the way in which they can do this is letting Hazard (possibly Willian) leave without replacing them with a star signing and instead making CHO their direct replacement. 

Certainly in Hazard's case, I see CHO as the only viable replacement that fans will give time and patience to. Any big signing to replace Hazard would be expected to hit the ground running and directly compared to Hazard throughout their career here and unless we got ridiculously lucky, it'll lead to a "no-win" situation for club and player.

9 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

This is exactly it, CHO may be the option with the greater rewards but he will still be viewed as the riskier option to the experience of Pedro and Willian.

I've actually backed Sarri over his use and development of CHO, although I do think he should have given him a start or two by now in the Premier League. It is getting to the point now however where Sarri could gain some major and much needed credit with CHO. The fans are desperate to see him play as an academy star and also because nobody wants to see him leave, and with the fans becoming more disillusioned with the team and performances each and every week, I think his inclusion would lift the club as a whole and get the fans on side more, which in turn would buy Sarri more time which he is running out of at present.

Either way though this will come to a head in the summer. The board have to 'prove' to CHO their backing and faith in him and the way in which they can do this is letting Hazard (possibly Willian) leave without replacing them with a star signing and instead making CHO their direct replacement. 

Certainly in Hazard's case, I see CHO as the only viable replacement that fans will give time and patience to. Any big signing to replace Hazard would be expected to hit the ground running and directly compared to Hazard throughout their career here and unless we got ridiculously lucky, it'll lead to a "no-win" situation for club and player.

Not sure credit with the fans will help sarri much. Reckon only results would appease the trigger-happy owner.

Yes that’s the situation we are in... it made no sense to me that Odoi would have been out in the showroom with not enough time left on his contract... that’s very weird and suggests someone fucked up big time.

now it is a bad situation for the club, having to convince him to stay. Odoi’s agent, and himself must be loving it... auction is On!

19 hours ago, Robchels said:

I agree,...he doesn't seem like he is concerned about long term atm.

Right now Sarri seems to be mostly about Sarri. And seeking retribution from the press for criticizing his tactics and selection.

21 hours ago, Robchels said:

Can't blame him, no Chelsea boss have completed 3 seasons in a row in 20 years :D I wouldn't apply for a permanent residency either.

2 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Can't blame him, no Chelsea boss have completed 3 seasons in a row in 20 years :D I wouldn't apply for a permanent residency either.

yeah :) I have a feeling a 3-year tenure plus a package would've been the goal.  ;) can't see that happening now tho.

It seems that most people are focused on having a dig at Sarri for CHO playing for England but let's look at the other perspective. This is a massive moment for the club either way. We have the youngest English international to play a competitive game. Let's celebrate and hope everything just goes up for him from here.

2 hours ago, Stats said:

It seems that most people are focused on having a dig at Sarri for CHO playing for England but let's look at the other perspective. This is a massive moment for the club either way. We have the youngest English international to play a competitive game. Let's celebrate and hope everything just goes up for him from here.

This only makes it worse when he leaves for Bayern in the summer.