Fikayo Tomori

Captain Ahmed

12 minutes ago, chippy said:

He simply hasn't been anywhere near the same player since he made those two late mistakes at Lille and that shows he's mentally weak. 

Might do him good to be rested from first team action for the rest of this season and let him learn from some better defenders we will hopefully bring in during the summer.

Looks nowhere near good enough at the no, but he's young and there is potential there, so let's see how he does next season.

we are so fucked

he was my last hope for the four CB's we have (not counting loan players, but Guehi and Ampadu and so not ready yet)

hopefully he gets his shit together

Zouma too

He was originally stenciled in to go on loan again this season, but Luiz's departure forced Lampard's hand.

In hindsight, I'm glad Tomori stayed, as he has been instrumental in games in the early part of the season.

But next season, I think he needs to go out on loan to further develop. And Chelsea NEEDS to bring in not just a good defender, but a new LEADER for shoring up that back line.

1 minute ago, Blue Armour said:

And Chelsea NEEDS to bring in not just a good defender, but a new LEADER for shoring up that back line.

Easier said than done. As far as I know, nearly every top club in Europe has tried to do this over last few season and Liverpool has been pretty much the only ones who have succeeded in it. 

42 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

But next season, I think he needs to go out on loan to further develop. And Chelsea NEEDS to bring in not just a good defender, but a new LEADER for shoring up that back line.

Udinese-v-AC-Milan-Serie-A-1545276122.jp

new-zealand-soccer-u20-wcup-brazil-serbi

C7v7GNEVMAAr3Ec.jpg

Alaba-Romagnoli-Christensen-James

Rajkovic

Tomori admits to ‘difficult period’ at Chelsea after seeing breakthrough season stall

https://www.goal.com/en/news/tomori-admits-to-difficult-period-at-chelsea-after-seeing/8qyal7p9chzw1bq85g1r9wuo0

The highly-rated defender has enjoyed a memorable 2019-20 campaign, but has slipped out of favour in recent weeks and has to earn favour again

Fikayo Tomori admits to having endured a “difficult period” at Chelsea, with the 22-year-old defender seeing a breakthrough season at Stamford Bridge stall.

Another promising product of the Blues’ academy system was among those to be given a Premier League stage on which to unlock their potential by Frank Lampard early in the 2019-20 campaign.

The Chelsea boss knew all about the commanding centre-half from having spent a season working with him on loan at Derby.

snip

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure what is going on here. 

Just 64 minutes in 2020 in PL. 

Plus two FA cup games in January. 

In one he scored and apart Grosicki free kick it would have been two clean sheets as well. 

He played just 3 times in the last 23 games. 

It is weird considering how much we struggled with CBs this season. It's not like Tomori did any worse than other CBs we have. In fact, he was a part of that winning run in September-October. 

Around Christmas period he played in wins against Spurs and Arsenal away and got completely dropped after. 

Wenger once said that when you have young CB you play him and you know he is going to cost you sometimes but in the future you have a player.

Rudiger, Christensen and Zouma are what they are, they won't get any better. 

Actually it would make much more sense if Frank forced Tomori this season to play like Mount every game. Especially considering the state of other CBs. After all Fikayo was Derby's POTY. 

10 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Not sure what is going on here. 

Just 64 minutes in 2020 in PL. 

Plus two FA cup games in January. 

In one he scored and apart Grosicki free kick it would have been two clean sheets as well. 

He played just 3 times in the last 23 games. 

It is weird considering how much we struggled with CBs this season. It's not like Tomori did any worse than other CBs we have. In fact, he was a part of that winning run in September-October. 

Around Christmas period he played in wins against Spurs and Arsenal away and got completely dropped after. 

Wenger once said that when you have young CB you play him and you know he is going to cost you sometimes but in the future you have a player.

Rudiger, Christensen and Zouma are what they are, they won't get any better. 

Actually it would make much more sense if Frank forced Tomori this season to play like Mount every game. Especially considering the state of other CBs. After all Fikayo was Derby's POTY. 

Yep, and he turns 23yo in 4 months or so, so that 'oh he is so, so young and has years to begin to develop' is soon bollocks. If you are not well on yer way to greatness by 23 to 25, the odds fall off the cliff you ever get there.

Very puzzling.

5 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I don't agree with that, Conte tried to play Christensen out of his rut post Barca and it permanently destroyed him. He should have played more than he's done in 2020 but mistakes (that were luckily going unpunished) were starting to creep into his game and it was only a matter of time until he made one as damaging as AC's that night.

I remember even the Spurs game he looked rattled, i remember shouting "Fik calm down" at the tele about 4 times in the first 20 minutes.

18 hours ago, King Kante said:

With the way things are shaping up, wouldn't be surprised to see a sale with a buy back option for Tomori. 

People think we will sell Rudi or Zouma but I think we will just loan Tomori.

• 2 weeks later...