Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

10 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

So who? False nine?

Giroud? The whole point of highly Dynamic, high pressing team goes out of the window. Also how many PL goals did giroud score last season?

Michy? Decent goal scorer, other than that? Most of our play and chances have looked good because each of the player can play under pressure. Can't say that about michy. Just like yesterday, we would end up losing the ball 9/10 times and make our midfield push back. 

Compared to them we have Tammy that checks the link up and hold up play boxes. As far as his finishing goes, anyone with 25+ goals can't be a shabby goal scorer. Like I have been saying, judge him when we have a decent sample size. But for this season, he is our best option and bet. If Tammy has a break through season, we have a good first option for a long term future. 

As far as michy is concerned, fans wanting him really need a reality check. Conte had a fall out with Costa, and instead of using michy, chose morata and giroud. Sarri chose morata/higuain and giroud. Lamps has chosen Tammy and giroud. I see a very simple trend here. Those who can't see what we will be losing with michy in the team, it's hard to explain. But all I can say is it takes more than 2 goalless games against United and pool to knock down a striker.

Good optimism just don't get to attached to him. Enjoy the next 9 months. 

9 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Good optimism just don't get to attached to him. Enjoy the next 9 months. 

Thank you. Atleast I will be watching the next 9 months cheering on one of the players rather than hoping he fails, which seems to be the case for most here.

Is pining for the strikers that aren't playing going to be the theme all season? 
Michy is crap and part of me wants him to play asap just to remind people of that.
A useless player that scores. [emoji16]

15 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Off the bench or as third choice, possibly.

I was asking you a question. Michy is the better CF with actual goals at the top level, yet is sitting behind him. Why not give him "time" to prove his worth?

People say stuff too soon all the time.

The case with Emerson is the most evident one 

People shat on him after few bad games but hbe improved massively.

Yeah I think Michy should get his chances too. Its not like we have superb strikers in our team.

15 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

A useless player that scores. emoji16.png

4 of his last 6 manager's decided he ain't worth the bother and even Dortmund decided against signing him permanently, there's only so many times the it's not him it's them card can be played.

30 minutes ago, Robchels said:

For every Emerson, a case where a run of games allows the player to improve, because he actually had potential, there are 100 others who don’t get the minutes because they really shouldn’t.

that’s why we have the manager and a myriad of coaches to assess that. Like tomo said, different managers don’t like what they see in bats in training or in matches.

looks like the club will rather give Tammy minutes instead, and I have no problem with that. Just think it’s risky business for Lampard.

I think can wait longer than this to have a discussion. We are just two games in and he has started one of them

36 minutes ago, Strike said:

I think can wait longer than this to have a discussion. We are just two games in and he has started one of them

We were actually talking about batshuai here sorry for the confusion.

or did you really mean Tammy?

if so, my point is that frank is the one rushing him this early, and I think that’s the risky part.

He just needs to find a way to be more clinical. He COULD have 3 goals already this season and a penalty. Hit the post at UTD and had a clear cut chance in that game. Missed a sitter against Liverpool. Penalty was not well taken. But hes getting into the areas we want him to get into. He's 21 if I remember rightly. This is what we are doing this year, giving youth a chance to grow. At the very worst we can audition Tammy to the masses and get 20-25 million out of him. 

I honestly think he will come good. Like I said hes a slice of luck and a little more clinical finishing away from us singing his praises. Lets continue to support the young fella. 

13 minutes ago, BigMabz said:

He just needs to find a way to be more clinical. He COULD have 3 goals already this season and a penalty. Hit the post at UTD and had a clear cut chance in that game. Missed a sitter against Liverpool. Penalty was not well taken. But hes getting into the areas we want him to get into. He's 21 if I remember rightly. This is what we are doing this year, giving youth a chance to grow. At the very worst we can audition Tammy to the masses and get 20-25 million out of him. 

I honestly think he will come good. Like I said hes a slice of luck and a little more clinical finishing away from us singing his praises. Lets continue to support the young fella. 

This is what people said about Morata, this season we need a clinical striker more than ever since Hazard is gone, we cant afford to be wasting chances like we have been doing with Tammy. In fact we played better with Giroud up top than with Tammy. 

2 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

This is what people said about Morata, this season we need a clinical striker more than ever since Hazard is gone, we cant afford to be wasting chances like we have been doing with Tammy. In fact we played better with Giroud up top than with Tammy. 

Good point. However, Morata came from spells at two of the biggest clubs in the world, RM and Juve. For a hefty price I might add. 

Tammy has come through the youth ranks for pennies. He can't be compared to someone who was supposed to light the prem on fire (if you base this on his price tag).

I get that we want to win games also, but theres also a business to run. If we let the youngsters play and they do well, we benefit. If we play them and they don't do well. We sell them and make SOME money. Still a benefit. 

This year should be about changing the culture of the club and finding ways to adapt so we can get closer to Pool, City, and Spurs. Sometimes 1 step back to take 2 forward is okay.

Just now, Vybz Kartel said:

We played better with Giroud in the first half, but not because of Giroud. The overall performance of our starting eleven was very good, so Giroud got a lot of chances, which he messed up most of the times due to the fact that he lacked pace or he was just offside. He scored a great goal though. The second half with Giroud was way worse because our team dropped their concentration. This aso did nothing to do with Giroud. It was just that our team was not that good compared to the first half

People say stuff too soon all the time. The case with Emerson is the most evident one  People shat on him after few bad games but hbe improved massively.

Yeah I think Michy should get his chances too. Its not like we have superb strikers in our team.

I certainly didn't shit on Emerson consider what was ahead of him.   

4 of his last 6 manager's decided he ain't worth the bother and even Dortmund decided against signing him permanently, there's only so many times the it's not him it's them card can be played.

I already made the point as to why he hasn't been given a chance. It's easy to discard someone that you didn't buy/no a fan favourite due to little to no backlash as a result.

It doesn't mean it's the right decision.

Only posted a page or two back. [emoji1360]

P.S. Dortmund not signing him has nothing to do with the topic in the slightest.

16 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Only posted a page or two back. emoji1360.png

P.S. Dortmund not signing him has nothing to do with the topic in the slightest.

So to clarify, you think Conte, Sarri, Marcelino and Lampard are all wrong and/or have an agenda?

So to clarify, you think Conte, Sarri, Marcelino and Lampard are all wrong and/or have an agenda?
Michy played 23 games for Valencia, so what's your point?

He went to Palace and scored 6 in 13. Is Hodgson the genius needed to keep him in check too?