Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

25 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

The arm chair pundits are really giving it to Tammy. Let's forget that his overall play is far better than any striker's we have seen since Costa, or the fact that he scored 25+ goals last season, but it only takes some geniuses on here to judge him in 2 games. What's worse is these will be the same people cribbing, crying and moaning their shit out over "we have no youth". 

2 games against 2 top opposition's, and he gave a decent account of himself. He will be fine. 

You have understood nothing. It is not about his numbers. His numbers will be fine. He will finish his career with 100+ top flight goals. But nor for Chelsea. these chances he got today are the exact situations were players show their true colors on the big occasion. They are there to be seized by those who have what it takes. I dont blame Abraham. Most players will falter under that pressure. Only the great ones succeed. Cos that is what makes them great. Abraham is no such great player.

In that case, we should NEVER ever give any good young striker a chance, because at a certain point in time, bamford had a good season too, right?

If I directly quote the number of people already writing Tammy off, it would be half the forum. But let's not forget, it was the same number of people who had written RLC off. Or believed in the Oscar hype and written kdb off etc etc. Some people even have a next summer Target list already, after 1 game of this season. 

Irrespective, the point I am making is simple. Give him a chance. Tammy won't be the first striker to not score in a back to back debut games against United and pool. Let's judge him when we have a decent sample size. 

Let's trust in Frank and his judgement. So far (despite) the 2 losses, we have played better football than any of the previous multiple title winning managers had managed us to play. And this is without a top-5 in the world attacker that Frank is missing while those guys had. So I feel that he knows what he is doing, and let's get behind him.

Age should have nothing to do with team selection IMO. I don't see everyone writing Mount off, as they can see a little something here and there to get behind unlike Tammy early doors.

Other youngsters have failed or been sold too early due to lack of opportunity, which clearly won't happen whilst Lampard is around (for better or worse).

Where's the uproar for Michy wasting away for no apparent reason?

4 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

In that case, we should NEVER ever give any good young striker a chance, because at a certain point in time, bamford had a good season too, right?

If I directly quote the number of people already writing Tammy off, it would be half the forum. But let's not forget, it was the same number of people who had written RLC off. Or believed in the Oscar hype and written kdb off etc etc. Some people even have a next summer Target list already, after 1 game of this season. 

Irrespective, the point I am making is simple. Give him a chance. Tammy won't be the first striker to not score in a back to back debut games against United and pool. Let's judge him when we have a decent sample size. 

Let's trust in Frank and his judgement. So far (despite) the 2 losses, we have played better football than any of the previous multiple title winning managers had managed us to play. And this is without a top-5 in the world attacker that Frank is missing while those guys had. So I feel that he knows what he is doing, and let's get behind him.

Generalizations like this do not quite work. I liked RLC from the get go because he always had the most important: technique

tammy does not, so even if he becomes a reliable striker in the future, his ceiling will be lower than someone like Cho for example. Very similar to lukaku in my view - who was also overrated around here.

good for you if you want to trust franks judgement right now based on very little. I think he is a work-in-progress the same way many of our younger players are.

frank is playing with fire here. As limited as giroud may be, he would've been more likely to score these goals Tammy consistently misses. Another few results like this and he will be facing a sack. Make no mistake, his stardom at the club, and even the ban situation will only buy him so much time as a manager.

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

You have understood nothing. It is not about his numbers. His numbers will be fine. He will finish his career with 100+ top flight goals. But nor for Chelsea. these chances he got today are the exact situations were players show their true colors on the big occasion. They are there to be seized by those who have what it takes. I dont blame Abraham. Most players will falter under that pressure. Only the great ones succeed. Cos that is what makes them great. Abraham is no such great player.

I can start my statement with the same line "you have understood nothing" too.

Didier was the greatest striker to play for this club. Do you remember his misses against Barca in the 2008-09 semis?

Judging a young striker based on 2 games against a top 4 PL competitor and the world's best team is what I am against. 

2 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Age should have nothing to do with team selection IMO. I don't see everyone writing Mount off, as they can see a little something here and there to get behind unlike Tammy early doors.

Other youngsters have failed or been sold too early due to lack of opportunity, which clearly won't happen whilst Lampard is around (for better or worse).

Where's the uproar for Michy wasting away for no apparent reason?

People are not after mount because he did not miss a trophy winning penalty. People tend to react with hyperboles in case of a loss. Case in point - zouma. The way people had written him off and the things people had written about him was embarrassing.

If Tammy had not missed the pen, the narrative would have been- solid performance, won a penalty, good hold up play, even won several duels against vvd. 

There were a lot of things positive about his performances too.

3 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

I can start my statement with the same line "you have understood nothing" too.

Didier was the greatest striker to play for this club. Do you remember his misses against Barca in the 2008-09 semis?

Judging a young striker based on 2 games against a top 4 PL competitor and the world's best team is what I am against. 

Exactly. Sometimes I think that when a youth team player does not score a chance or make the best pass in a certain situation, millions of Chelsea fans come to criticise those youth players for messing up one situation. On the other hand, those people would have never criticised players like Drogba for missing the same chances. If prime Drogba missed those chances, nobody would have cared. Abraham has a lot of potential. He is tall (we do not have good crossers and that is not Tamys fault), he is fast, good fist touch and hold up play,

What I also think is funny is that fucking Ronaldo needs 7 shots( Messi needs 6 shots) before he actually scores a goal. Nobody cares if Ronaldo or Messi miss those other shots before their goal. Abraham had two or three shots at target in his two matches against  the best of the best teams. When Messi or Ronaldo miss chances, nobody cares. When Abraham misses one chance, he gets slaughtered. Fucking Costa even missed open goals.Messi missed open goals too. Abraham hit the post, won us a penalty and Van Dijik, the best CB in the world right now, had some trouble dealing with Abrahams pace.  His hold up play was great too and still people want to slaughter him. A lot of Chelsea fans are so hyprictical...

I remember the time people bashed RLC and I always knew that RLC could become a great player by just watching youth games.People said he was lazy, not technical enough etc, it was hilarious. I was the one defending him in german and english forums^^. No, everyone rates him. Do you know why? Because RLC was always a no. 8. Mou thought he was a no. 6, Hiddink thought he was a no. 10, Conte thought he was a striker, Hodgons thought he was a winger and finally Sarri thought that he was a no. 8.People never even thought about the fact that RLC was playing out of position. They started bashing him right away and he even played good in the matches he played for us before Sarri. Chelsea Fans have crazy expectations when it comes to youth, even though some of our youth players were better than our first team players, but they still don´t realise that. People also started to write off CHO already, after he played a normal game against Pool. Chelsea Fans did not even think about the fact that he is a left winger or a second striker. He rarely played as a right winger at youth level, but most Chelsea Fans don´t think about those kind of facts and just say that he is not good enough. Look at CHOs player thread after the Pool match. You can also look at RLCs player thread what people were writing about him when he was playing under Mou, Conte or whatever. I was the one defending RLC because I always knew his potential. But you can´t expect from  Chelsea Fans to actually watch Youth games or have a fair opinion on youth players when they are given first team chances. That is too much to ask for the average Chelsea fan. Chelsea Fans and Real Madrid fans are so much alike...

Also, people wrote off KDB, even though anyone with eyes could see that he had world class potential. Probably the same people thought that Oscar and Willian were world class players and those players don´t even have any potential to become world class players too begin with. Oscar scored one great goal against Juventus and he was hailed as the next big thing. Apart from that, he did not have any great qualities to become world class. Some people in this forum said that Hazard was not world class, not a big game player, not constand enough etc. ..He left us as one of the best players that have ever played for this club. There were a lot of times were people did not rate him enough.

People are not after mount because he did not miss a trophy winning penalty. People tend to react with hyperboles in case of a loss. Case in point - zouma. The way people had written him off and the things people had written about him was embarrassing. If Tammy had not missed the pen, the narrative would have been- solid performance, won a penalty, good hold up play, even won several duels against vvd. 

There were a lot of things positive about his performances too.

Incorrect. Mount has done his job (create) in both games whilst Abraham has misses sitters/been caught sleeping in either game; the penalty miss was just the icing on the cake.

If Conte, Sarri and now Lampard overlooked Michy for other unproven options like Morata and Abraham, that says something 

Last I checked, Michy won the league for Conte. [emoji848]

I already made the point as to why he hasn't been given a chance. It's easy to discard someone that you didn't buy/no a fan favourite due to little to no backlash as a result.

It doesn't mean it's the right decision.

5 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

The penalty miss was the icing in the cake. Did you not see the sitter he missed?

Last I checked, Michy won the league for Conte. emoji848.png

I already made the point as to why he hasn't been given a chance. It's easy to discard someone that you didn't buy/no a fan favourite due to little to no backlash as a result.

It doesn't mean it's the right decision.

Did you see his hold up play? His link up play? When he was winning duels against vvd. 

Why should michy get in the team? On merit? Given how they performed last season and the varied success of their loan spells, there is only one winner. 

Did you see his hold up play? His link up play? When he was winning duels against vvd. 
Why should michy get in the team? On merit? Given how they performed last season and the varied success of their loan spells, there is only one winner. 
I want my striker to score goals, simple.

Once again, I've stated Michy's case a host of times - he has the best goal ratio amongst the strikers we have, it ain't rocket science. Players ought to be selected on "merit" btw, so please drop the youth nonsense.

I'll be hearing the same thing in early May at this rate.

9 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I want my striker to score goals, simple.

Once again, I've stated Michy's case a host of times - he has the best goal ratio amongst the strikers we have, it ain't rocket science. Players ought to be selected on "merit" btw, so please drop the youth nonsense.

I'll be hearing the same thing in early May at this rate.

Lol. So goal ratio= merit? What nonsense. 

It's not about youth. It's about overall game play. Which michy's is the worst.

Read above. Seems like goals are the least of a striker's concern.

In that case, a piece of wood would hold up the ball nicely. [emoji58]

4 minutes ago, Mana said:

Soooo with Abraham we got a slightly better Morata?

We. Want. Goals. That is the point of a striker. A striker is supposed to bang in goals. Look at Mane, Aubameyang, Kane etc. We need someone like these.

And 2 games make him a dud?

What was Dd's goal numbers in the first 2 games? Or even seasons. 

Lol. Seriously can't believe some of the opinions on here. Hopeless.

31 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Lol. Sure. Because 2 games can define everything. Brilliant. 😂

Did you watch preseason at all?

My thoughts aren't based on "2 games" but 7. One goal from open play in that time is where my feelings stem from. 

1 hour ago, 1905didierblue said:

Michy has a goal every 90min in Chelsea shirt. Which means goal per game. At this point if he scores every game I don't care if he is the worst player on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, Mana said:

I didn't say he is a dud. What I'm saying is that I don't want a striker who has better link up play, blahblahblah...and doesn't score goals.

I know Abraham scored bucket loads last season, but that's in the Championship. And even games last season where there's pressure, he doesn't seem to do well. Look at Villa's playoff games.

Ok, he's very young and inexperienced fair enough. But because of this, he can't be our main striker right now. He's not ready.

So who? False nine?

Giroud? The whole point of highly Dynamic, high pressing team goes out of the window. Also how many PL goals did giroud score last season?

Michy? Decent goal scorer, other than that? Most of our play and chances have looked good because each of the player can play under pressure. Can't say that about michy. Just like yesterday, we would end up losing the ball 9/10 times and make our midfield push back. 

Compared to them we have Tammy that checks the link up and hold up play boxes. As far as his finishing goes, anyone with 25+ goals can't be a shabby goal scorer. Like I have been saying, judge him when we have a decent sample size. But for this season, he is our best option and bet. If Tammy has a break through season, we have a good first option for a long term future. 

As far as michy is concerned, fans wanting him really need a reality check. Conte had a fall out with Costa, and instead of using michy, chose morata and giroud. Sarri chose morata/higuain and giroud. Lamps has chosen Tammy and giroud. I see a very simple trend here. Those who can't see what we will be losing with michy in the team, it's hard to explain. But all I can say is it takes more than 2 goalless games against United and pool to knock down a striker.