Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

8 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

Fair enough.

But it's not just about the racism aspect. The entitlement, the amount of vitriol thrown at our own players, it's just shocking. 

I mean look at the forum, zouma's not good enough, Tammy's not good enough, Frank's not good enough. I am not a drinkwater/bakayoko fan, but to call them donkeywater and donkeyoko is just weird. It's not like they are playing poorly on purpose. They are average footballers, that our board over paid for. 

I don't like kovacic. But once we signed him, he is my player. I will support him till he wears the blue. 

Believe me, none of this is directed towards you, but just an honest assessment of a Chelsea fan on here. 

Maybe fans of other clubs are as bad, I don't know, I honestly don't follow. So I might be very wrong in saying "Chelsea fans are the worst". But of what I have been reading and seeing for a long time, it's bad and it's getting worse. 

You're perfectly right but we live a big part of our life supporting a football club, sometimes two as i do, we dream of great games, about players  fighting, till the end, on the pitch for our colours, we pray for victories, for opponents on their knees and for heroes who'll defeat our enemies . We are not amateurs ballet and poetry, most of us come from the gutter where this sport was born, most of us are still standed in an antique circus, we are men of the past, we'll still be for a longtime.

About poetry this is for you and for everyone who didn't understand yet you can't live for love when you're a football supporter. Bread and circuses... 

When men will live for love 
This will bring peace to the world
The soldiers will be troubadours
But we, we will be dead my brother

Peace on earth and glory to Chelsea !

Play Tammy or Michy every game. 

What good is Giroud? 2 in 27 last season, not part of our future, and is completely opposite to the style of football we are trying to play. 

Transition season. Perfect time to play all this youth given the little expectations. I would encourage the young players as much as you can and even if they make mistakes. As long as they learn, perfect. 

On another note, Tammy has actually played quite well regardless of the miss. Constantly in good positions and putting pressure on. I say this as someone who didn't really rate him prior to any of this. Very encouraging when he is on the field. 

1 hour ago, Thor said:

What good is Giroud? 2 in 27 last season, not part of our future, and is completely opposite to the style of football we are trying to play. 

Transition season. Perfect time to play all this youth given the little expectations. I would encourage the young players as much as you can and even if they make mistakes. As long as they learn, perfect. 

On another note, Tammy has actually played quite well regardless of the miss. Constantly in good positions and putting pressure on. I say this as someone who didn't really rate him prior to any of this. Very encouraging when he is on the field. 

2 in 27 ? 27 entire games ? Really ? 

Transition season ? It mea

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Transition season ? it's journalist words not real chelsea fan. I want to see my team win and for we need the best players on the pitch, not the players who'll may be the best in 2 years. We have the players to win trophies, Giroud is one of them, let's play the more efficient players right now, let's get results, it's the easier way to build up a future, you can't integrate young players in a club in crisis. We are Chelsea, we are not Watford or Bournemouth !

12 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

Fair enough.

But it's not just about the racism aspect. The entitlement, the amount of vitriol thrown at our own players, it's just shocking. 

I mean look at the forum, zouma's not good enough, Tammy's not good enough, Frank's not good enough. I am not a drinkwater/bakayoko fan, but to call them donkeywater and donkeyoko is just weird. It's not like they are playing poorly on purpose. They are average footballers, that our board over paid for. 

I don't like kovacic. But once we signed him, he is my player. I will support him till he wears the blue. 

Believe me, none of this is directed towards you, but just an honest assessment of a Chelsea fan on here. 

Maybe fans of other clubs are as bad, I don't know, I honestly don't follow. So I might be very wrong in saying "Chelsea fans are the worst". But of what I have been reading and seeing for a long time, it's bad and it's getting worse. 

The fact is you have to differentiate between a match day going fan and someone on the internet. There are over the top posts on here no doubt about it and slagging off certain players all the time is pointless. It's not something I go for personally Baka's crap we all know it what's the point in continually making vitriolic posts about him. Willian is very popular with the match going fan almost universally hated on every single Chelsea forum.

As far as I'm concerned every football club is as bad as each other when it comes to idiotic fans on the internet. This forum is mild compared to what I've seen posted I don't actively look at other teams forums but Liverpool, Spurs, and Man United are comfortably the worst.

As for match going fans Chelsea had a terrible record on racism going back to the 70's I could post stories on here that frankly are shameful. It was mainly Chelsea's firm who were racist and this is not the definitive answer but they all came from the suburbs where back then it was all white areas they didn't grow up on housing estates like us were you went to school with black and asian kids played in the same football teams as them etc. But you'll never completely eradicate it and Chelsea have done a lot in 40 years to get rid of them and have been on the whole successful.

I really can't stand social media Twitter has been called a cesspool and rightly so. When you have a ubertwat like Trump posting racist remarks then you're going to have the trickle down effect where other brainless crettins will follow. This link shows Twitter in the worst possible light but to say these geezers are Chelsea fans or indiciticative of your average Chelsea fan is just not true.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-7359867/Chelsea-striker-Tammy-Abraham-racially-abused-social-media-following-UEFA-Super-Cup-defeat.htm

3 hours ago, MONEYBALL said:

You're perfectly right but we live a big part of our life supporting a football club, sometimes two as i do, we dream of great games, about players  fighting, till the end, on the pitch for our colours, we pray for victories, for opponents on their knees and for heroes who'll defeat our enemies . We are not amateurs ballet and poetry, most of us come from the gutter where this sport was born, most of us are still standed in an antique circus, we are men of the past, we'll still be for a longtime.

About poetry this is for you and for everyone who didn't understand yet you can't live for love when you're a football supporter. Bread and circuses... 

When men will live for love 
This will bring peace to the world
The soldiers will be troubadours
But we, we will be dead my brother

Peace on earth and glory to Chelsea !

What in the name of sanity is this ha ha. 

22 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

What in the name of sanity is this ha ha. 

My medical knowledge is as poor as my english vocabulory but it could be something like lucidity and non conformist view. Do you think we are, the fan football, the wisest and the most intelligent people among the humanity ? May be you are, i'm not, if i was, i would'nt loose my time always hoping my team beat another team, my players, my gladiators in the arena wear our colours the highest possible. Football  carry in itself a violent part of us , i don't like it but it's a fact we cannot forget, you'll never see battles or hear racist insults during a badmington game.

1 hour ago, Iggy Doonican said:

We are not amateurs ballet and poetry, most of us come from the gutter where this sport was born,

Errr not on here buddy or at the matches.

We might be basicly working class hero's but from the gutter i'm not having that.

31 minutes ago, MONEYBALL said:

My medical knowledge is as poor as my english vocabulory but it could be something like lucidity and non conformist view. Do you think we are, the fan football, the wisest and the most intelligent people among the humanity ? May be you are, i'm not, if i was, i would'nt loose my time always hoping my team beat another team, my players, my gladiators in the arena wear our colours the highest possible. Football  carry in itself a violent part of us , i don't like it but it's a fact we cannot forget, you'll never see battles or hear racist insults during a badmington game.

Mate honestly your post made me laugh it's not the sort of thing we get on here. You seem like a deep thinker the deepest we get on here is if we should play a sweeper. Not a good simile by the way badminton and football.:o

7 hours ago, MONEYBALL said:

We are not amateurs ballet and poetry, most of us come from the gutter where this sport was born, most of us are still standed in an antique circus, we are men of the past, we'll still be for a longtime.

Erm, unless you count South Kensington as the gutter, cannot say that that is accurate for me. I suspect the same (if not necessarily So Ken) for many on here.Maybe try a Hammers or Bindipper board, lolol

He is infuriating to watch. How can he hold the ball up so well, and link the play up quite beautifully, yet have such incredibly poor awareness? This season is going to be a sharp learning curve and I do think we should stick by him, but can someone explain to me any other reason as to why he's play over Michy other than youth development? 

On 8/17/2019 at 0:47 AM, MONEYBALL said:

Transition season ? it's journalist words not real chelsea fan. I want to see my team win and for we need the best players on the pitch, not the players who'll may be the best in 2 years. We have the players to win trophies, Giroud is one of them, let's play the more efficient players right now, let's get results, it's the easier way to build up a future, you can't integrate young players in a club in crisis. We are Chelsea, we are not Watford or Bournemouth !

Don’t bother. He never replies with arguments - he has none. that guy just a fucking troll who only likes kids, not chelsea. Absolute worst poster on this site. Some here also overvalue the impact young players can have.

Everybody (myself included) wants the shiny new toy, esp homegrown, but results are important to develop these very same younger players. They need stability which is only found with balance and patience. I’ve seen attempts to develop a lot of youngsters all at once... it never ends well.

tammy is so very green,. It does not matter if in 6 months from now he’s more settled and scores a few goals, right now it’s hard to win games with him on the pitch. 

Perhaps @LAM09 has a point and we need to give bats a run of game to actually get some goals in and results.

1 minute ago, BlueLion. said:

He is infuriating to watch. How can he hold the ball up so well, and link the play up quite beautifully, yet have such incredibly poor awareness? This season is going to be a sharp learning curve and I do think we should stick by him, but can someone explain to me any other reason as to why he's play over Michy other than youth development? 

Because Batsman can´t hold up the ball as well and his link up play is not as beautifully as Girouds and Tammys style of play.Tammy had a very good game and his missed chance was really not easy to take.He could have done better, at least shot near the goal but still not easy to score from his position when he had still two defenders trying to get the ball of him

Olivier Giroud

Made a huge impact from the start with clever touches to create chances for Pedro, Mount and Kante. However, no chances fell his way as he was replaced by Tammy Abraham on the hour mark. Strong showing from the Frenchman. 7

Substitutes

Tammy Abraham (Olivier Giroud, 61)

Great reception for the striker as he replaced Giroud with 30 minutes remaining. No chances of note for him though as Leicester dominated the second half. 5

On 8/16/2019 at 4:30 PM, Tomo said:

But on the flip the "he's only 20/21/22" card was repeatedly used as Lukaku's defense even though it was pretty clear he wasn't going to get much better than he was.

I don't think anyone said KDB wasn't good enough, i think many people (wrongly) gave Jose the benefit of the doubt because of his history with us, me included. Salah yes, but even the coaches likely didn't see such a rise coming.Which brings me onto my next point, the coaches in general should be able to work out who has potential and who hasn't. We have tens if not hundreds of well paid coaches here to make a judgement on a players ability and potential and suss out who has a chance to make it and who doesn't.

Me personally re Tammy? Funnily enough i think he's in a similar boat to Lukaku back then, certainly has attributes to make an impact at Chelsea but long term it will probably be more in a squad player capacity. Rom weren't having that, lets see how Tammy will feel down the line.

On 8/16/2019 at 8:04 PM, Robchels said:

I very much disagree with calling a player who won us many games, playing as a starter for the entire winning campaign, a turd. I just happen to value silverware, winning, and important goals.

you get that I was actually referring to batshuaiy and why he does not get games and has not during the tenure of several managers, right?

for every Emerson, who might have been able to contribute sooner and even rotate with Alonso, there were players we never got to see bc they were bad. Emerson btw who had barely played (made that point in his thread many times). I barely saw KDB play. I was one of the 3-4 ppl who saw a lot of potential in salah, but you can’t even do that if the player does not play. The question is always should he even get minutes?

whether a player plays or not is entirely up to the manager and coaches at the club. They watch them in practice drills, we don’t. A lot of the poor players we never get to see because coaches will take one look at them and see that they aren’t going to cut it.

sometimes they err in not giving time to players who deserve it, and others by giving time to players who don’t, like bakayoko. That’s normal and happens everywhere, but again, we don’t see a lot of their successes. Of course KDB and salah were special fuckups, but those too happen a lot. We shouldn’t be crying for missing on lukaku for 70m now should we?

regarding giroud, not sure who you are arguing with - nobody said giroud is going to improve or that he’s a solution for us. Just that at this time, against tough opposition, he’s the better option.

Losing or struggling does not help with the confidence of the younger players either. Senior players are more used to these various different situations, whereas youngsters may lose confidence more easily. Giroud also offers more even when he is not scoring, which at this time is more important for the team.

I also do not see a lot of potential in tammy tbh, but he should and will get minutes this season. There is no need to rush him though, given that giroud can help at this time of transition and give that air of stability this young team needs.

I never said Tammy will be great striker. But I think its stupid to say he is never going to be good enough based on few games. If we have this conversation at the end of the season when Tammy will have plenty games to show how good/average/bad he is, then I can easily agree he should be only a bench option.

Jovic stinked in Benfica, but exploded in Frankfurt. It can happen. It probably wont, but there is small chance worth taking given that we dont realy have anyone more promising (Bats is about the same, but he had couple of seasons at the top already and didnt convince anyone)

The only thing good I've seen from him is his chest control and hold up play. It's really smooth and fluid. It looks even smoother than Giroud's actually. Other than that, not a whole lot yet but still very very very early days to form any sort of conclusion.