Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

Its irony also that we can only keep our best talents by paying them big money, only to see that money ruining their talent.

Its also sad we need to pay kids in order for them to stay. What about loyalty to club and desire to become next Lampard or Terry or Greaves? 

Its pretty simple why all young players turn to shit. Their wages. When Terry was young he was cleaning toilets at bridge (not literaly, but you get the point). Todays kids drive around in ferrarris and live in best apartments. No wonder everything fucks up when they hit their 20s. 

We have best youth academy for past 5 years and where does it show in our first team? It doesnt, those players are nowhere to be seen. We will be lucky to have one of our own players in first 11 every 20 years which is sad. 

Its sad to see United have Rashford, Spuds have Kane, Pool had Sterling, and all we have to show is one english player less every season. Sure trophies are great to have, but I would love to see some faith in our youth players.

he is a poacher, that's mean he need another striker near him, you see how chelsea play for long long time and always we played with complete striker not with a poacher, at least not at the first XI, this is the problem of michy by the way that he is more of a poacher as well and yes the winning goal that he scored he did it when we played with 2 strikers... for that reason i'm hard to believe that tammy will make it here unfortunately, of course there are games that you see the ball goes near the line and costa miss it one after another but there a lot of time we need a big character to do moves from his own and i'm not sure tammy is that guy...

still i would give him opportunity as a sub, he can be like demba ba was..

and is it just me looking at the video of his goals and think "no way a GK at the premier league will get that kind of goal?!" ?

44 minutes ago, blueblood22 said:

he is a poacher, that's mean he need another striker near him, you see how chelsea play for long long time and always we played with complete striker not with a poacher, at least not at the first XI, this is the problem of michy by the way that he is more of a poacher as well and yes the winning goal that he scored he did it when we played with 2 strikers... for that reason i'm hard to believe that tammy will make it here unfortunately, of course there are games that you see the ball goes near the line and costa miss it one after another but there a lot of time we need a big character to do moves from his own and i'm not sure tammy is that guy...

still i would give him opportunity as a sub, he can be like demba ba was..

and is it just me looking at the video of his goals and think "no way a GK at the premier league will get that kind of goal?!" ?

We are more suited to play towards the striker these days, even Didier himself touched up on it. Furthermore while his all round game will never be Bergkamp level, he is certainly not bad in that regard, Sheffield Wednesday fans shat themselves every time he touched the ball at Hillsbrough.

16 hours ago, Amblève. said:

Batshuayi is definitely not a poacher. The way he roams around the box to find space and position himself for either a give-and-go or a hold-up sequence so he can turn and shoot himself is the sign of a complete striker.

i can accept it, it thought about it afterwards and yes he is not poacher as tammy is, but still i don't think he is a complete striker... and he do need to play with another striker and not by himself. anyway i hope he will succeed here

• 3 weeks later...

My only worry about him joining Newcastle is that he will be used as rotation rather than a guaranteed starter. Benitez is known for his rotation for years. He has Gayle, Mitrovic, Perez who all will share game time. Gayle is there no.1 striker and while he can be used with Abraham, I am not sure how often Benitez will play two pure no.9 together in games. Anyway, like article says, he will have been assured about the game time he gets. Just alarmed because Benitez will rotate. Whereas if he went Brighton, I think he would walk into the team. However he prob sees Newcastle as having more ambition and me myself, seen Newcastle being able to create more chances than Brighton next season as they have that extra pulling power to attract more stop stars.

11 hours ago, Jason said:

Potentially good news for Tammy and for Chelsea. Pleased for him in the main, but there must be a question about how much he might play behind Gayle & Mitrovic. Still, this must have been considered by all parties and, since Tammy clearly had options, we must assume that player and club have chosen the best one.

Good luck lad.

22 hours ago, Stats said:

My only worry about him joining Newcastle is that he will be used as rotation rather than a guaranteed starter. Benitez is known for his rotation for years. He has Gayle, Mitrovic, Perez who all will share game time. Gayle is there no.1 striker and while he can be used with Abraham, I am not sure how often Benitez will play two pure no.9 together in games. Anyway, like article says, he will have been assured about the game time he gets. Just alarmed because Benitez will rotate. Whereas if he went Brighton, I think he would walk into the team. However he prob sees Newcastle as having more ambition and me myself, seen Newcastle being able to create more chances than Brighton next season as they have that extra pulling power to attract more stop stars.

He would probably benefit more under Benitez rotation ball than he would playing full time under Houghton. Rafa has a good track record for developing good player's and making them better  like Alonso, Torres, Hazard  (Rafa made Hazard a lot more disciplined). At Newcastle he has turned Shelvey from an inconsistent wildcard to a quality all round player.

I know Chelsea fans don't like Benitez but i would trust him to look after Tammy and improve him even further from a tactical POV.