Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

7 hours ago, the wes said:

Chelsea's 19-year-old striker Tammy Abraham - who has scored 12 goals in 20 games on loan at Bristol City so far this season - accepts that he may have to leave Stamford Bridge to play Premier League football. (Squawka)

Sounds bollox IMHO - Conte has already said he likes him :)

8 hours ago, the wes said:

Chelsea's 19-year-old striker Tammy Abraham - who has scored 12 goals in 20 games on loan at Bristol City so far this season - accepts that he may have to leave Stamford Bridge to play Premier League football. (Squawka)

1 hour ago, Muzchap said:

Sounds bollox IMHO - Conte has already said he likes him :)

Hopefully it is bollocks...but you never know about a player's mentality and/or influences off the pitch. 

If he's anything like Lukaku/Sturridge, he may end up leaving Chelsea for first team football..

20 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Hopefully it is bollocks...but you never know about a player's mentality and/or influences off the pitch. 

If he's anything like Lukaku/Sturridge, he may end up leaving Chelsea for first team football..

Agreed - he is probably due a loan spell in the PL before being dropped into the first team here. 

But he needs to be patient and he will get his chance. 

Conte doesn't seem to be a hypocrite - and he has dropped JT and Iva with little or no fuss in the papers - so the players obviously respect him. 

To date - where possible- he has tried to give some of the younger players a chance. So I'm relatively confident. The form Diego is in, makes him first on the team sheet (well him and Hazard) - but it's a marathon not a sprint and others will get their chances. So Tammy should see and recognise that. Lukaku is only really developing in the past season or two and is still a bit 'raw' - so demanding to be played isn't a great strategy- hopefully others will learn from that episode....

Seems to me Chelsea don't need to buy a striker for next season if we have Diego, Bats, and Abraham as forward options.  I feel Antonio will give us a chance to play more with a 2nd striker when he has more options for MF and DEF in the future.

Hope we keep Tammy.

2 hours ago, quickpassnmove said:

Seems to me Chelsea don't need to buy a striker for next season if we have Diego, Bats, and Abraham as forward options.  I feel Antonio will give us a chance to play more with a 2nd striker when he has more options for MF and DEF in the future.

Hope we keep Tammy.

Depends on if we manage to get a RAM upgrade I suppose. If we get one as a good balance with Eden then I can see it. But as Bats doesn't SEEM to have Contes full trust it will be interesting to see if hes still with us or not.

• 5 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Cripen said:

Scored yesterday. He Didn't scoring for fun like he was at the start of the season, but i think that we all know that Tammy wont keep scoring every game through all year. Also Bristol City have a bit weaker time comparing to the early stages of the season. 

From what I've read he isn't scoring more these days because Bristol City has been playing really bad and isolating their striker.

chelsea youngster Abraham hadn't netted since starting alongside Abraham

The formation is a problem - last year everyone was screaming at Cotts for 352 (and rightly so). This year we are all over the show with no consistency of selection.  We have played well with 4321 and just not put teams away.Why we are playing 442, I shall never know... and today we were overrun and could not get going. I Abraham is probably the headache because he cannot play on his own up front. He struggles to hold up the play and is not strong enough. He gets outmuscled. He is a finisher and needs someone with him.

From what I can make out we played a disjointed 90 mins of the wrong formation and hitting it long to Abraham. 

Tammy, despite his size, wants the ball on the deck yet he is consistently having to fight for arial balls which he does not win. he cannot hold the ball up when it is played into him like this and as a result he is "isolated". 

Tomlin had a few good touches first half that opened up space but he didn't want to let the ball go to Abraham and he lost it. 

What a bunch of delicate flowers we are playing today. I thought Huddersfield were supposed to be full of Yorkshire grit?. Every time Abraham gets near the ball one of them goes down.  

LJ has to try something different as Abraham  is getting isolated

City were better with him playing up front with Abraham, but he's got to only be a temporary solution. As much as he contributes, he's got no pace and hasn't got the sharpness in the box to score many goals. We need a new forward in January, unless suddenly Engvall breaks into the team 

If we play a form of 442 we are going to get crosses in, not just lumps up the field and to be frank Tammy is a fox in the box (god I hate that term) and feeds off scraps. Consequently yesterday I thought Tammy looked good. Won us a penalty (which he was desperate to take) and could have had a goal or two.

Bristol City Forum

On 2016. 12. 11. at 3:53 PM, Cripen said:

Scored yesterday. He Didn't scoring for fun like he was at the start of the season, but i think that we all know that Tammy wont keep scoring every game through all year. Also Bristol City have a bit weaker time comparing to the early stages of the season. 

It's his first season at professional level(lets not count that two match for Chelsea las campaign), we sent him on loan to gain experience. Now he experienced what is it like to score goals every game and be the star of this team and now he know what is it like not to score goals for weeks when everybody expects you to. Hopefully he will profit from this experience. It looks like he kept on working hard and smiling and last weekend he scored again.

Making good progress based on half a season so far (I know goals dried up in comparison to first 10/11 games) but again lets not get carried away, he is highly rated at the club and by Conte going on his quotes earlier this season but let's leave him to get 50-75 more first team games somewhere without claiming he's the second coming of Jesus or that because he will have low points like all youngsters do but I am excited to see what we can get out of him, he has the right tools and attitude to be a first team regular here but he's still only in the championship just now, he will get to the PL eventually but it's a harder level. Can't see him being in squad next year. Plus I must say again Batshuayi isn't a bad player he's just not playing because Costa is playing amazing, why drop him or take him off after an hour when he's fully fit and playing that well. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...