The Conte Thread

16 minutes ago, Eidur the Spider said:

Conte says he has been impressed by our young players so far including Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Nathaniel Chalobah and Ola Aina. #CFCTour

Conte: 'Aina is showing the Academy is a good school and it is very important for the club. It’s a new source.' #CFCTour

Conte: 'In the future I want to see other young players like Abraham and Solanke. I am very happy to have young players to work with...'

Conte: '...and that I can improve and permit to become Chelsea first team players, not young players.' #CFCTour

I don't want to be overly excited about it... but it's hard not to.

I wish I knew the context of those Aina comments. If he singled the guy on his own accord or if he was specifically asked about the kid

7 minutes ago, Barbara said:

I don't want to be overly excited about it... but it's hard not to.

I wish I knew the context of those Aina comments. If he singled the guy on his own accord or if he was specifically asked about the kid

Its gets harder with every passing day, its harder than trying to give up the fags.

Everything is fresh and youth getting their chances but I'll hold back the love until the regular season kicks off and these same impressive youths are still here and places are given to those who earned it not because of their friggin names and wages.

"Before the game I asked my players that after a week of strong work, physically and tactically, I wanted to see the improvement in our idea of football. I received a good answer. I know we can improve, I know we must improve, but we are at the beginning of the season. We are working very hard. Every day we have two very hard training sessions."

"I saw a lot of good things today and also situations we can improve. That's normal. It was nice to win, it's important to have this habit for everyone's mentality despite many players being very tired after the training sessions. I'm also happy because I saw a good attitude."

1 hour ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Wait... Wait WHAT?! 

Great to hear, trying to right a few wrongs and making them dig deep.

I like Conte's words so far, seems very deep in what he wants and I like how keen he spoke of seeing Mitsyi on the pitch even though he only trained a day or so.

Happy about the progress the lads have made and when the rest of the team  start then we can begin doing training properly.

But we are going to get hammered with our back like even with Ola looking like a good prospect. We need to shell out for what we want/need like we paid over for Kante.

7 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Happy about the progress the lads have made and when the rest of the team  start then we can begin doing training properly.

But we are going to get hammered with our back like even with Ola looking like a good prospect. We need to shell out for what we want/need like we paid over for Kante.

That corner yesterday was shocking. The Austrian dude alone in the midst of our box, I wanted to cry.

4 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Wait... Wait WHAT?! 

All good but is this sustainable in the whole season and in the coming season? Especially in the coming season, we shall see if the players are able to accept this.