The Conte Thread

20 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

THIS! We are in good hands.

Conte:“I really appreciated the effort of all the players. We have to work on a tactical level and find the right solutions for this team.

“We certainly need to work and shake out some skeletons from last season, that is without doubt. In some situations, especially at the start, the team was very deep and too defensive. That’s not what Chelsea are about.

“We need to change the mentality in that sense, but I have at my disposal a group of lads who are ready to work.”

I noticed that too. The first ten minutes Chelsea was letting Vienna dictate the pace and hold possession. There was no pressure on them at all, they could do as they pleased. Then after Costa thew his little tantrum to the official  we began pressing and forcing turnovers and holding possession of our own.

For more proactive football, we seriously need a whole new back 4. Not sure if even Azpilicueta is good enough for that. Or if Zouma's ball playing capabilities are too limited for that. But at least, that means a new LCB and a new LB. At least.

4 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

Conte: "I think that Kante can give a lot to Chelsea. To enforce a zone very important for us. We want to play with 2 central midfielders."

I really, really hope he means 2CMs in a 4-2-4 and not a 4-2-3-1. And I hope with "We" he means himself and his assistants, and not himself, his assistants, and whoever was already at the club.

We seriously need new defenders if we don't want to be so deep and defensive all the time, or we'll see this "pre-season" for the whole the season.

1 hour ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

I really, really hope he means 2CMs in a 4-2-4 and not a 4-2-3-1. And I hope with "We" he means himself and his assistants, and not himself, his assistants, and whoever was already at the club.

We seriously need new defenders if we don't want to be so deep and defensive all the time, or we'll see this "pre-season" for the whole the season.

i think Bonucci would be a great signing, just what we need in defense, and Zouma will be like a new signing once he returns from injury, let´s hope.

7 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

i think Bonucci would be a great signing, just what we need in defense, and Zouma will be like a new signing once he returns from injury, let´s hope.

Bonucci is not coming, sadly. Never was going to happen. One of Koulibaly or Mustafi and Rodriguez for the LB would do.

15 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

I'm a Juventus supporter and guys, let's calm down. Conte never won a single pre-season match. Never. He uses them to try out new things. Believe me, he will do good

A Random Juve Fan.

I don´t read too much in to pre season, the main thing is to try tactics, and to get the players mentally and physically ready for the start of the season.

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

I saw this too from a Juve fan on another forum:

Skeleton or not, you won’t enjoy watching Conte’s team in pre-season. He will run them ragged with double seasons daily to improve their fitness.. He lost his very first pre-season with Juve too, and won a couple with uninspiring 1-0s. Be prepared for a shock. You will see a completely different Chelsea against West ham on the first day of the season in comparison to what you’ll see during the pre-season. I still remember the first game of the season against Parma, 90 minutes of tireless non stop attack.

Juve's pre-season results in Conte's first season hardly looks as bad as that Juve fan suggested.

HgnGFP1.png

His last season at Juve though...

V2mbQ4P.png

I never expected any results from pre season to be honest.

With lads not back from Euros, new signings not in yet, Conte only at his new job 2 days before st one. theres been no training as such yet. No work at all with formations or experimenting

This mess isn't going to be sorted over night no matter who we sign or which manager is in charge

BUT IF Conte is given the time and support from Roman and US (plus sorts out our fuckin defence) then I think we have got,are getting and will get the manager and players to be good for years to come.

48 minutes ago, Jason said:

Juve's pre-season results in Conte's first season hardly looks as bad as that Juve fan suggested.

HgnGFP1.png

V2mbQ4P.png

Players weren't coming back from an international tourney then either. 

This is a different circumstance and one that you have to take in stride.

47 minutes ago, Jason said:

V2mbQ4P.png

Italy didn't play well during Conte's friendlies too, he was experimenting here and there, but they were different during euros.

3 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I don't know what it is, whether its his lack of English(though he's pretty good) or if its his passion or just my blind optimism but I get this feeling Antonio Conte is going to rewrite the history books for Chelsea FC. There is something about this guy... I can't quite put my finger on it but I just feel his demeanour and work ethic will be the perfect compliment to what we have on and off the pitch. 

It would be amazing if he leaves Jose and Pep trailing in their wake like Jose himself did to Fergie and Wenger when he arrived the first time.