test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tomo

Kostas Manolas

Started by Tomo,

259 posts in this topic

Would much rather have Koulibaly. He's got everything - huge physician presence, pace, and can play with the ball at his feet comfortably.

Honestly, we should be after both.

Styles likes this

there is ranocchia for few money that is a good player, conte already works with him in bari (serie B

Hmm I still want Kouliably more than anyone else there but he is probably the best alternative to him.

He is very similar to Koscielny. It is good or bad thing ? Incredible fast, agile, good on the ball, same size, rash, aggressive. Think that Conte can do wonders with him.

Still please, Koulibaly !

Styles likes this

If Conte wants him, I'm more than fine with it. The kid has good feet and is fast too. I agree we need a left sided defender though

2 minutes ago, jernej93 said:

I don't understand why Virgil van Dijk is being overlooked ... he was TOP5 ranked CB in all european leagues :) he is also very comfortable on the ball 

Yes and very versatile! Perfect for a 3 defenders at the back!

jernej93 likes this

1 minute ago, TheIceMan said:

Yes and very versatile! Perfect for a 3 defenders at the back!

Agree :) He was very good at Celtic and even better at Saints. Mane and Koemann leaving could also help us persuade him ;) IMO he can be world class just like Koulibaly but cheaper and easier? to get ;)

TheIceMan and DDA like this

Its almost impossible to deal with Napoli and ADS.. i tried not to be too optimistic with Koulibaly. Manolas a very good fallback option, but will Roma sell?

16 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

More info about him? didn't see him play... or can't remember it...

Manolas is slightly than Koulibaly because i thing Manolas is more consistent but Koulibaly or Manolas it really doesn't matter both are great players and would improve us.

xPetrCechx likes this

15 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Roma just signed Juan Jesus 

1UlO1Xw.jpg

Is Manolas free???

Rüdiger replacement I suppose :)

5 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Is he better than Manolas???

Rudiger or Juan Jesus? 

Juan Jesus is not better than Manolas imo :) I never liked Brazilian defenders because they all tend to be error prone and too fancy ... I rate Manolas highly because he is a fighter and real defender :)

19 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

1 defender wont make a bit of difference to us. We need a cleanout.

We need at the very least one defender who can mark a fast attacker one on one and can pass a ball from defence. This is a priority. 

All our defenders are too slow to manmark any average fast player, in fact only Azpilicueta and Zouma are good at defending one on one's in our defense. 

After watching baba, I'm starting to give up on if he knows what defending means. We might need a leftback too if there's any available. 

Blue-in-me-Veins and Unionjack like this

A left wing back yes thats important. We know Edens weakness at tracking back and defending tho he has got better when hes awake.

Im at acomplete loss as to why Banes contract was renewed. The only way on earth Id pick him is if we had US football rules and we could bring on special teams for set pieces)

JT is great for being JT but both him and Cahill I'm afraid are just too slow.

When Happy was injured he was becoming my fave player and I had orgasms imagining him together with Pogba and Varane. But we dont know how/when he will be back. Tho I hope its soon.

Dave I love and hes good at basic defending. But in a Conte system Im really not sure. We shall see.

I love all our lads and theyve given everything at times but since Frank left Ive realized its just a job for them in general. So theres no room for emotion in team selection. I support Chelsea and we need to get back to the top of our game. If it means getting rid of half the team then so be it.

kellzfresh likes this

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I love all our lads and theyve given everything at times but since Frank left Ive realized its just a job for them in general. So theres no room for emotion in team selection. I support Chelsea and we need to get back to the top of our game. If it means getting rid of half the team then so be it.

It's really not been the same since Frank left :(

I loved him so much, even more than zola. Now I just want our team to be strong again, hard to beat, even if it means getting rid of some remaining legends..  

Unionjack likes this

1 minute ago, kellzfresh said:

It's really not been the same since Frank left :(

I loved him so much, even more than zola. Now I just want our team to be strong again, hard to beat, even if it means getting rid of some remaining legends..  

I hear ya and share your pain mate.

It was bad when little Zola left and was my fave player. It was the same with Frank but hurt in a different way.

I know its daft and Im being too previous but I got a good feeling right now about Conte and this next phase. That us if the defence gets sorted.

kellzfresh likes this