Gonzalo Higuain

BlueTillIDie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

He always had a Matic/Drinkwater to sweep up whenever his proactive nature got him wiped out of the game, he won't have that protection playing CDM in a 433.

Why 4:3:3? I said we should switch to 4231 with Kante and Jorginho in double pivot. I dont think Jorginho is good enough defensively to be last one when Kante marches forward, but he already is last one in 433 and we always get overrun. The difference however would be now that there is Kante most of the time next to him, except when he goes forward.

10 minutes ago, Henrique said:

I'm the only one that come here once in a while hoping to read news that the club is actually looking for another CF and Higuain deal is dead in the water?

We are so desperate that even the old fat boy looks like a light of hope at the minute.

Anyways this kind of signing is why we need a proper director of football. Any new manager needs at least one season till he gets rid of the deadwood the previous one signed. So the circle continues.

40 minutes ago, Bosnian Blue said:

We are so desperate that even the old fat boy looks like a light of hope at the minute.

Anyways this kind of signing is why we need a proper director of football. Any new manager needs at least one season till he gets rid of the deadwood the previous one signed. So the circle continues.

Tbh at this point we don't even need prime Higuain (although that version would obviously be very welcome). Sarri's system requires running of the channels and good movement and it's a killer only having 2 out of the front 5 that do those type of runs. I think/hope an extra body to make those runs alone would be an improvement.

The minimum requirement for Higuain will be to have an impact similar to what Eto'o did, and i think he's capable of such.

14 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Tbh at this point we don't even need prime Higuain (although that version would obviously be very welcome). Sarri's system requires running off the channels and good movement and it's a killer only having 2 out of the front 5 that do those type of runs. I think/hope an extra body to make those runs alone would be an improvement.

The minimum requirement for Higuain will be to have an impact similar to what Eto'o did, and i think he's capable of such.

I will be content with just not having to watch the false 9 crap anymore. Besides Hazard can return to his position and see more of the ball.

Everything else is a bonus from Higuain. I agree with your points, but I also question and doubt his fitness and physicality. Playing in Serie A is completely different to the Premier League, as seen in many examples latest being our own midfielder.

42 minutes ago, Henrique said:

I'm the only one that come here once in a while hoping to read news that the club is actually looking for another CF and Higuain deal is dead in the water?

Me too, buts its far too late in the game now, so we are stuck with him till summer. Hopefully he comes good. All the best options were never going to happen in January except Piątek, and he was only my 5th choice, after Icardi, Dybala, Werner, and Jovic, none of which could have happened now.

Just now, Bosnian Blue said:

I will be content with just not having to watch the false 9 crap anymore. Besides Hazard can return to his position and see more of the ball.

Everything else is a bonus from Higuain. I agree with your points, but I also question and doubt his fitness and physicality. Playing in Serie A is completely different to the Premier League, as seen in many examples latest being our own midfielder.

Small sample size but he coped quite well against Spurs when he faced them in CL just under a year ago and they are arguably the most physical side in the league. I'm not 100% convinced he will work but unlike with our current pair atleast we have some form of hope.

Higuain up top, flanked by Hazard and either Pedro or CHO, Emerson for Alonso, and use Zappacosta more against teams that we know are going to sit deep. Do these things and I think we'll finish top 4.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Higuain up top, flanked by Hazard and either Pedro or CHO, Emerson for Alonso, and use Zappacosta more against teams that we know are going to sit deep. Do these things and I think we'll finish top 4.

If we were going to bench Azpi in situations like that to favour a more attack minded player I'd rather stick one of our wingers there (Pedro or Willian) and at least have some proper attacking thrust.

I've never seen anything from Zappacosta both defensively or offensively where I'd want him playing to be honest.

58 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Sarri will never bench Willian, who has had one goal, one assist in our last 13 league games. That's 3 and 3 for a full league season. He will ride him down into the pits of 6th placedom. We need to remove him as an option by selling him.

If we go into next season (after the August close of summer window) with no Eden, no CHO ,and a starting front 3 of

LW Willian

RW Pedro/Pulisic

CF Higuain

We are fucked for the year. May struggle to finish 7th if 2 of the middling teams have mini versions of a Leicester-type season.

Imagine too, if this 2 year transfer ban hits starting in January 2020. Bye-bye Chelsea in terms of European football if we don't REALLY do mad business this summer.

Higuaín medical expected today at Chelsea, could be eligible for Spurs match

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2019/1/22/18192546/higuain-medical-expected-today-at-chelsea-could-be-eligible-for-spurs-match

This soap story  has went on longer than eastenders