Gonzalo Higuain

BlueTillIDie

Asked - in Italian - what Higuain can bring to Chelsea, Sarri says the striker is capable of scoring goals and can contribute with his all-round play as well. Sarri also says he believes the player can rediscover his best form.

Asked, again in Italian, about Higuain not succeeding on loan at AC Milan from Juventus, Sarri says the Argentine is a winner and suggests playing in a poor side has affected him. He also suggests Higuain has not yet been formally signed so is not ineligible to play against Tottenham.

Asked - in Italian - what Higuain can bring to Chelsea, Sarri says the striker is capable of scoring goals and can contribute with his all-round play as well. Sarri also says he believes the player can rediscover his best form.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sarri on Higuain helping him: "I hope so, I think that the club agrees with me when I told them my opinion about the team. So January market is very difficult especially for a striker, it is difficult to find one of the most important strikers in the world."

Good move considering the circumstances. If he does well, Chels have a striker for 6-18 months. If he doesn’t do well, he goes back.

I think a lot of people overrate Chelsea’s pulling power. It’s fun to fantasise about top talents and players joining the club but most of it is unrealistic. Chels can’t do much better than this in a winter window. That’s reality.

I still think Lacazette is the among the most ideal strikers for this system. I wish the club would go for him but no noise sadly.

I hope a fullback is added to squad as well. This team is in desperate need for new fullbacks on both flanks.

38 minutes ago, Mana said:

This is why I'm not excited...Higuain hasn't been scoring goals...

I don't want this to end up a Torres MKIII. Crossing fingers he isn't.

He doesn't have to be pacey, we just need someone who knows where the back of the net is.

Agreed. We have players who can pass and move. We just need someone who can be in the right spot and kick the ball into the goal!

34 minutes ago, Mana said:

He doesn't have to be pacey, we just need someone who knows where the back of the net is.

63d988dc56e785f0c863be0d535a0d90.gif

19 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Good move considering the circumstances. If he does well, Chels have a striker for 6-18 months. If he doesn’t do well, he goes back.

I think a lot of people overrate Chelsea’s pulling power. It’s fun to fantasise about top talents and players joining the club but most of it is unrealistic. Chels can’t do much better than this in a winter window. That’s reality.

I still think Lacazette is the among the most ideal strikers for this system. I wish the club would go for him but no noise sadly.

I hope a fullback is added to squad as well. This team is in desperate need for new fullbacks on both flanks.

There is no chance Arsenal is selling to us now he is a regular for Arsenal. A new starter calibre fullback will be terrific but I know they will not come this window. 

Hopefully Higuain can get in form and bring goal threat and some nastiness to our front line. 

I'll be surprised if he is ready for spurs. It is almost impossible to sign and be ready the next day especially coming from different league. 

Hopefully he can start or come off the bench against sheffield. This should help me get adjusted to physical nature of English football. 

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

Well I was crossing my fingers...

Still, can you blame me for thinking like this? What good player that we signed made a huge impact since Kante.

It's just I get really excited when we are trying to do summet good. I know the majority of the time we dont let go and end up all frustrated but it's really hard not to when you have passion for something.

I think I'm just like a soppy old Labrador, bouncing around,slobbering everywhere and humping peeps legs! Very loyal tho!

As for putting him on - why not. He knows Sarri well and Jorgi. Just be looking to give him thru balls. Even if its last half hour. He's match fit.

17 minutes ago, Mana said:

I didn't say or imply that I want people to not get excited for Higuain.

I just have my doubts, and they are pretty valid. If Higuain erases those doubts (aka banging goals that we desperately need) then I'll jump on the wagon.

It come down to this. Sulking Morata, Hazard as no 9 or Higuain. 

No one in here is jumping for joy or super excited. Higuain is 31, he is not the solution for our striking problem but we can't continue playing without any goal threat from our no 9

3 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

what a let down it turned out to be, all of us expecting Liverpool hot form Torres, but instead we got a washed up one

No, not all of us. I was depressed and the knowledge that all the people who had questioned my sanity, when I told them the truth about Nando, would soon be apologising to me didn't help at all.

18 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

No, not all of us. I was depressed and the knowledge that all the people who had questioned my sanity, when I told them the truth about Nando, would soon be apologising to me didn't help at all.

Agreed, the warning signs were there with Torres for at least 12 months before Chelsea brought him. 

Liverpool buying Suarez in the same window and City buying Aguero the following summer for significantly lower fees makes the signing that much worse too.

21 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Agreed, the warning signs were there with Torres for at least 12 months before Chelsea brought him. 

Liverpool buying Suarez in the same window and City buying Aguero the following summer for significantly lower fees makes the signing that much worse too.

I've mentioned this before but repeating it is better than getting annoyed about the window.

Moussa Dembele (late of Spurs) was making news and I liked what I saw of him so I watched an Ajax vs AZ game to get a better look. In fact Dembele had a poor game that day, but a bloke called Suarez won the game for Ajax. He was obviously a player who Chelsea should target. The fact that the same manager who had already turned down Aguero when he was offered him, now chose Torres over Suarez was the final nail in the coffin for Ancelotti as far as I was concerned.

At the time I thought Roman had made the decision, but I see no reason to think Butch Wilkins was lying when he revealed that in fact it was all Carlo.

3 hours ago, Mana said:

Torres cost 50 mill, this is just a loan till the end of the season. If he goes good we extend. 

It's a far better deal then Torres. 

4 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I've mentioned this before but repeating it is better than getting annoyed about transfer the window.

Moussa Dembele (late of Spurs) was making news and I liked what I saw of him so I watched an Ajax vs AZ game to get a better look. In fact Dembele had a poor game that day, but a bloke called Suarez won the game for Ajax. He was obviously a player who Chelsea should target. The fact that the same manager who had already turned down Aguero when he was offered him, now chose Torres over Suarez was the final nail in the coffin for Ancelotti as far as I was concerned.

At the time I thought Roman had made the decision, but I see no reason to think Butch Wilkins was lying when he revealed that in fact it was all Carlo.

Yeah, I was a big fan of Carlo. Winning the double in that first season was superb, and I can also appreciate the success he has had across a multitude of big European clubs.

But that rumour/story is a big taint on him if true because I think it was clear as day that Torres was a shadow of the player he was in his first couple of seasons at Liverpool.

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Yeah, I was a big fan of Carlo. Winning the double in that first season was superb, and I can also appreciate the success he has had across a multitude of big European clubs.

But that rumour/story is a big taint on him if true because I think it was clear as day that Torres was a shadow of the player he was in his first couple of seasons at Liverpool.

Butch outright said it so I see no room to call it a rumour. In fact he also specifically mentioned that people thought it was Roman but it was really Carlo.