test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueTillIDie

Gonzalo Higuain

Started by BlueTillIDie,

982 posts in this topic
27 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Batshuayi is on his way back from Valencia, but I think he will be straight back out.

Michy Batshuayi’s loan to Valencia close to its end, confirms club director

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2019/1/10/18176681/michy-batshuayi-loan-to-valencia-close-to-its-end-confirms-club-director-chelsea-transfer-rumour

Keep Batman about i say no-brainer (he would be alot happier than Morata!) , will need as many bodies as possible these months of the season and wouldnt need time to settle in England !

20 minutes ago, Marvin123 said:

A loan is the only sense for us. And i wouldn't mind that.

But I do wish we would go bonkers on Icardi, Jovic or piatek

4 hours ago, mccg said:

Keep Batman about i say no-brainer (he would be alot happier than Morata!)

Whats the point of keeping a happy player if he cant score? Drinkwaters probably laughing his bollox off thinking hes raking in the money for doing sod all!

2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

But I do wish we would go bonkers on Icardi, Jovic or piatek

One of these days we'll get a striker signing correct.  We haven't really had much luck, Costa aside, but just got to keep going after it until we hit pay dirt eventually.

Just now, kc_blue said:

One of these days we'll get a striker signing correct.  We haven't really had much luck, Costa aside, but just got to keep going after it until we hit pay dirt eventually.

I see you're a dreamer like me!

It was reported earlier that Marina was against the Higuain signing and Sarri was for it... With this latest news from the usually reliable Telegraph stating that we are now negotiating for him, does it mean that a manager finally managed to make a breakthrough with our board and Marina and made them understand that the manager probably knows better what the team needs?... Hope that's the case and that going forward Sarri's wishes will be taken into account more.

If Sarri wants Higuain I'm all for it!

Johnnyeye, Fernando and kc_blue like this

2 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

does it mean that a manager finally managed to make a breakthrough with our board and Marina and made them understand that the manager probably knows better what the team needs?... Hope that's the case and that going forward Sarri's wishes will be taken into account more.

I really hope so.  

oldportblue likes this

The stuff about Marina and Sarri disagreeing on targets is, IMO, utter bollocks.  These journos were in the room when it happened were they?

It's lazy journalism, why would our club go through all that hassle of sacking Conte; and fighting tooth and nail for Sarri to then not back him? It makes no sense. Plus, at the end of the day, its Roman who gives the nod.  If he wants us to play like Sarri's Napoli with attacking football, then back him.  I think he will, too.  He did with Jorginho.

All the talk of rows and disagreements is coming from Italy.  I think they're wrong.  Just my 2 cents

A few people moaning on Twitter because we aint getting Cavani or Icardi.  I mean, seriously, we never were/are

Fernando likes this

Andre Silva would be a more high risk high reward option for me. Sevilla are keen on Morata too apparently.

59 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

SKY confirming his agent is in London tonight, talks ongoing.

can you post the link? can't find it

1 hour ago, oldportblue said:

can you post the link? can't find it

It was reported just after 5pm, it wasn't a internet link. They just said his agent arrived this afternoon and talks are on going between the him and us.

oldportblue likes this

What I would say with Higuain is in my opinion he's a huge upgrade on the shell we have with Morata at the moment and he's a far more clinical and threatening striker than Giroud.

He is the sort of player that I think will stand up to be counted, fight for the cause and never shirk his responsibilities leading the line. I think his passion and desire can be infectious for both the fans and the team after watching Morata for the last 18 months and our squad at the moment could always do with another player with a leader like mentality.

With the other reasonable options being touted this month, I do think a short term deal for Higuain is our best option presently.

Fernando likes this