Gonzalo Higuain

BlueTillIDie

Gattuso on Higuain-Morata swap deal: "I am keeping Higuain close to me. I don’t understand the market rumours about him. He’s not having a great time of it, like the rest of the team, but we’re fourth in the table and therefore we must give it as little thought as possible."

Gattuso: "No disrespect to your ( journalists) work but as far as I know Chelsea haven't bought any over-30 players in the last few years. It is normal that on a mental level Higuain feels the absence of his goals and is not in a positive moment."

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it is because English is not my mother tongue but what Sarri said today sounds to me as if Higuain might really be on his way -

‘I like him very much. He’s a wonderful player, he’s a wonderful man but I don’t want to talk about Higuain because I have two-and-a-half strikers at the moment and Gonzalo is playing for AC Milan so it’s better not to talk about him at the moment.’

'at the moment' sounds like something more than nothing.

17 hours ago, LAM09 said:

The club need to stay clear of stopgaps

I do agree

But we have 2 problems how I see it

Our priority must be right now to make top 4 and its going to be tough with no striker. I do think Higuain while knocking on will give us some goals and Sarri knows him inside out.

Also its looking serious about this loans problem and transfer ban shite. I would prefer us to get a striker that we wont have to change again after the bans lifted,

Theres down sides but I won't moan tho if Higuain does end up coming.

Sarri needs to stop smoking cigar and give the board list of quality proper and deadly finisher not another version of Giroud...

Luka Jovic...

Timo Werner...

Andrea Belotti

and the list goes on...I can't withstand another Giroud coupled with Morata...

3 hours ago, eemanyooel said:

Sarri needs to stop smoking cigar and give the board list of quality proper and deadly finisher not another version of Giroud...

Luka Jovic...

Timo Werner...

Andrea Belotti

and the list goes on...I can't withstand another Giroud coupled with Morata...

I have a bad suspicion that the board has said little business will be done in January. I get horrid feeling we are on lock-down.

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I have a bad suspicion that the board has said little business will be done in January. I get horrid feeling we are on lock-down.

Even at that we can bring in quality player to reinforce the attack... Our attack is so casual thanks to the piss poor players we have in that position...

Just now, eemanyooel said:

Even at that we can bring in quality player to reinforce the attack... Our attack is so casual thanks to the piss poor players we have in that position...

Pulisic? I am not sold on him, and we just turned down a swap plus cash offer of CHO plus quid for him.

Nicolas Pepe just had £72m price put on him by Lille, so that's a non-starter. GRRRRRRRRR

Higuain cant be given multi-year contract, so he will not come. Same for Cavani.

I see zero or at least very little links to targets we SHOULD be going after, like Icardi (if we are truly serious about winning league and CL in future, he and his level HAVE to be looked at) Jovic, Haller, Memphis Depay, Martial (super hard now) Federico Chiesa, Thorgan Hazard, Alassane Plea, Mikel Oyarzabal, Steven Bergwijn, David Neres, Suso, Rodrigo de Paul, Federico Bernardeschi, Iñaki Williams, Jean-Kévin Augustin, Hirving Lozano, Matheus Cunha, Myziane Maolida,  Domenico Berardi, Malcom, Ismaïla Sarr, Maximiliano Gómez, etc

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Pulisic? I am not sold on him, and we just turned down a swap plus cash offer of CHO plus quid for him.

Nicolas Pepe just had £72m price put on him by Lille, so that's a non-starter. GRRRRRRRRR

Higuain cant be given multi-year contract, so he will not come. Same for Cavani.

I see zero or at least very little links to targets we SHOULD be going after, like Icardi (if we are truly serious about winning league and CL in future, he and his level HAVE to be looked at) Jovic, Haller, Memphis Depay, Martial (super hard now) Federico Chiesa, Thorgan Hazard, Alassane Plea, Mikel Oyarzabal, Steven Bergwijn, David Neres, Suso, Rodrigo de Paul, Federico Bernardeschi, Iñaki Williams, Jean-Kévin Augustin, Hirving Lozano, Matheus Cunha, Myziane Maolida,  Domenico Berardi, Malcom, Ismaïla Sarr, Maximiliano Gómez, etc

Am not that hellbent on him but He is far better than Willian... All I want is attacking reinforcements to improve our attack cos as things stand...6th place would rather be awaiting us if care is jot taken...

On 12/23/2018 at 8:40 AM, 11Drogba said:

Higuain has not scored in 8 consecutive games in all competitions for the first time since arriving in Serie A.

Now I am convinced  that we'll get him.

While I do agree that not scoring in 8 games does bother me I do see this swap happening of some description.

I do think or HOPE he will be a upgrade for us and Sarri will get the best out of him.

If the loan swap is simply till the end of the season when we will sign the actual first-choice striker, then why not? Adding Higuain surely cannot be worse than what the club has right now. 

The frustrating part is that other than Morata, who failed spectacularly, and Costa, who did well, the club has not signed a first-choice striker in about 7 years. You'll have to go all the way back to Torres in 2011. I am sick of temporary solutions - Ba, Eto'o, Remy, Drogba (second time), Falcao, Pato,  Giroud. (Not including Michy since he was a young prospect) 

Only reason, I would be okay with another stop-gap is because good strikers may not be available in January to be signed. This summer, the club desperately needs to bring in a quality striker