The Mourinho Thread

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/12/eva-carneiro-chelsea-doctor-facebook-jose-mourinho

Eva Carneiro’s Facebook post played big part in fall-out with José Mourinho
The Premier League’s rules stipulate that a club must have a doctor and a physiotherapist on the bench so Chelsea will need to find replacements for the visit to Manchester City on Sunday.

Does Jorge Mendes have any anybody available? Maybe Falcao can double up as team doctor and physio?

You just do not take to social media in the face of a problem/issue at this high profile and think it's going to be ignored. A 'Thank You' or 'Love you all' becomes and injection of poison in the blood that infects everyone.

You just do not take to social media in the face of a problem/issue at this high profile and think it's going to be ignored. A 'Thank You' or 'Love you all' becomes and injection of poison in the blood that infects everyone.

Put yourself in her shoes for a moment: she was ultimately criticised for doing her job. Let's cut everything else out and just focus on that for a moment. Now, is a thank you to people showing her support a crime?

So people should show support and side with a party in a dispute based on hierarchy? That's just stupid. The only moral thing to do is to side with and support whoever is the victim (no exceptions).

Ah finally. The voice of humanity. We are not efficiency maximizing agents. Not even close.

Put yourself in her shoes for a moment: she was ultimately criticised for doing her job. Let's cut everything else out and just focus on that for a moment. Now, is a thank you to people showing her support a crime?

Yes she was doing her job, like I said and have stated, but why, why take to social media when the power of her 'doing the job' was strong enough? She was going to the field and doing what she is paid for, to take to social media was fucking stupid, and put herself in this position because it became a 'Me v's them' mentality.

And we are where we are, right now.

It's funny how after Mourinho was slapped down for being an absolute idiot regarding the welfare of his own players his apologist are now making this a wider issue about social media.

I guess when you read a statement like this it's hard to make any real excuses:

The reaction to Carneiro’s demotion has been strong, with the Premier League Doctors’ Group expressing concern that Mourinho’s actions showed that he considers results to be more important than the welfare of players.

“Dr Carneiro has universal and total support from her medical colleagues at the Premier League Doctors’ Group,” they said, in a statement. “It is also of great concern that at a time when the both the Premier League and the Premier League Doctors’ Group are intensifying efforts to safeguard player welfare, the precedent set by this incident demonstrates that the medical care of players appears to be secondary to the result of the game.

“The Premier League Doctors’ Group considers that removing Dr Carneiro from the Chelsea team bench for their next match is unjust in the extreme. In the publicised incident in last Saturday’s game against Swansea, the Chelsea medical staff were clearly summoned on to the field of play by the match referee to attend to a player. A refusal to run on to the pitch would have breached the duty of care required of the medical team to their patient.

“It is a huge concern that Dr Carneiro has been subjected to unprecedented media scrutiny and a change in her professional role, merely because she adhered to her code of professional conduct and did her job properly.”

"Yeah but you can't say thank you on facebook!!!!!!!!!!"

Ah finally. The voice of humanity. We are not efficiency maximizing agents. Not even close.

No but the corporate business Chelsea FC is.

From the academy (sic), to the megastore, it is all about maximsing profit and efficiency. People here now are in moral turmoil, and the dilemma for the manginas is clouded by the fact the 'victim' has tits and a minge.

Yes she was doing her job, like I said and have stated, but why, why take to social media when the power of her 'doing the job' was strong enough? She was going to the field and doing what she is paid for, to take to social media was fucking stupid, and put herself in this position because it became a 'Me v's them' mentality.

And we are where we are, right now.

But how? What is so 'fucking stupid' about saying thank you people sending you messages of support?

Jose has a go at the medical staff for doing their job

Eva takes to social media after a major event and posts

Both fucking stupid beyond belief.

Deal with it in house and behind close doors, don't take to social media and have a bit of savvy about yourself.

But how? What is so 'fucking stupid' about saying thank you people sending you messages of support?

High profile physio in the spotlight without controversy never mind not in the spotlight, and she comes out after a major display by the manager of the team to say thanks for the support....In life you let sleeping dogs lie, if she wanted to say something you do it behind closed doors. She has been just as naive as jose by taking to social media and saying 'thanks' because like I said, and I will say it again it's brings a sieged mentality!!

Mourinho is responsible for this whole circus.

Losing his shit because our medical staff were doing their job.

Publicly criticizing the medical staff. He could have just deflected the question but no he had to go and make it into the shitstorm it has now become.

I don't really see much wrong with Eva's post. She thanked people for their support on the matter. Not exactly like she told Jose to f*** off.

Some of the arguments are ridiculous.

"People wouldn't care about this if she wasn't a hot/popular women" : Such bs. I can honestly say that i would feel the exact same way about this if our club physio was a fat, bald guy.

All the feminists can also crawl back under the rock they came from as Jose would have reacted the exact same way if it were a guy. Gender played no part in this circus.

This is about right or wrong not man or women.

"Jose is the best manager ever while Eva is just a physio. she's replaceable, he's not." : Utter crap this. This isn't about who's more replaceable or who has more power.

Again, this is about right or wrong.

"She shouldn't posted that tweet on facebook (or twitter or whatever)" : Well guess what, when you publicly criticize a person they might not like it, like at all.

It's the same thing when your boss tears you a new asshole in front of your colleagues or if your parent berate you in front of your friends.

Nobody likes getting criticized but getting criticized in public just adds a whole new layer of embarrassement to the mix.

All this s*** should have just been kept and dealt with in-house.

No but the corporate business Chelsea FC is.

From the academy (sic), to the megastore, it is all about maximsing profit and efficiency. People here now are in moral turmoil, and the dilemma for the manginas is clouded by the fact the 'victim' has tits and a minge.

Not for me. The ultra-corporatism is a true issue in the club i love. I do not want to go this road. No super exell management. I want feels and a long term project.

Not for me. The ultra-corporatism is a true issue in the club i love. I do not want to go this road. No super exell management. I want feels and a long term project.

Well people better get used to it being a business with football attached. Aint gonna change anytime soon with all the TV revenue.

The only alternative for people is to support their local grass roots clubs where they live.