The Mourinho Thread

From my experience, everyone thinks we'll win the league except the members of TC. Its kind a special.

If our squad stays fit I'm fairly sure TC would agree we would win the league again, but chances for that are slim. Our squad is small, and one bigger injury to Costa, Terry, Fabregas or Hazard could make us leak points.

Besides, being champions means every team out there is going to give even more then last season against you, and imagine our team against such an opponent with Ramires and Mikel in the pivot, Remy in attack, Cuadrado on wing against physical defenders?

I agree that lots of members here probably exaggerate on some things, but on others I find some posts here much more realistic then what pundits and media make it out to be.

Besides, being champions means every team out there is going to give even more then last season against you

This sentence is SUCH a bulshit imo... people keep repeating it with no real essence to it.

Btw i didnt talk only about media and pundits, more about neutral fans, opposition fans etc.

Besides the fact some members here are always pessimistic and negative, they're also looking only at Chelsea's problems. So in saying "Chelsea wont win the league", it means some club will, but they're not analyzing the other clubs problems and their chances to succeed/fail. Ignoring that makes their post shallow.

This sentence is SUCH a bulshit imo... people keep repeating it with no real essence to it.

Btw i didnt talk only about media and pundits, more about neutral fans, opposition fans etc.

Besides the fact some members here are always pessimistic and negative, they're also looking only at Chelsea's problems. So in saying "Chelsea wont win the league", it means some club will, but they're not analyzing the other clubs problems and their chances to succeed/fail. Ignoring that makes their post shallow.

You have a right to think so, but if you look back throughout the recent history of PL, you will find less competitiveness in the league, but only Chelsea and Manu who managed to retain the title, and that's not a coincidence.

And have something in mind, my posts are aimed towards the current squad we have at this moment, and the current squad has just 5 defenders, injured Costa with a big question mark over his fitness and a still awful Cuadrado.

I don't believe that will be our final squad once the season starts, so lots of the post all over TC will become not important if our squad gets some additions like Stones and Baba and hopefully someone else.

So many other reasons could explain that, so many. it's just an opinion, but people are using this theory as if it was a scientific fact.

It is not an scientific fact exactly, but it's a well known thing in human psychology. To motivate a group of people to accomplish a grand feat is difficult, but to motivate them to do it again can prove much more difficult. On top of that, humans are living emotional beings, not robots, and being under constant pressure is a very tiring situation for human brain, and you are under a lot of pressure when you're the champ.

And to add to that, I do think you will agree with me that a team X will approach a game differently in some manner if the opposition is the champion rather then not? It's not about how differently will they approach it, but for the simple fact that they will approach it differently. Some will find more motivation to win, some will alter gameplan, some will prepare more for the game, and some will even get scared or more relaxed. Considering the quality of football and players in England, that usually manifests itself in a way that teams either get out there without pressure to face the champion and do well, because hey, it's the champ he's the best, or teams give those extra 10% and make your game a very long and painful one. If you add that slight change of difficulty against teams on your team who has lost its sharpness and edge (which I'm sure will not happen under Jose), then you can start leaking points. You start leaking points, boat starts to shake, media find you very attractive and send more winds rocking your boat, and you're in for a very messy, wet and long trip, and chances are you're not gonna arrive as the first one on your destination.

last summers transfer window was completed early ,, gave fans and team a boost . It is this window that has caused such negative thoughts allied with some terrible

pre season performances. I am much less confident now than I was at the end of May

Co

last summers transfer window was completed early ,, gave fans and team a boost . It is this window that has caused such negative thoughts allied with some terrible

pre season performances. I am much less confident now than I was at the end of May

Spot on. Confidence is catching and so is unconfidence. Like I said when Mou came back every single one of us was happy. The last 2 years Ive felt for most of it unbeatable. From the players to the stands we felt strong.

Then starting from Jan time and the more defensive playing the confidence waned even tho we still was winning. It didn't matter we were points ahead the confidence was slipping.

If we had gone into the transfer season with Mou saying look we got a great side but we need to strengthen a,b,c and he went out and got whoever it was that he thought we needed we would have gone into pre season buzzing.

But he didn't.