test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrBlueGuy

Next Manager?

Started by MrBlueGuy,

6,422 posts in this topic
Yes. One or two points last season.
But honestly, the last time I was genuinely excited with this club and couldn't wait for the season to start was 2014/15 when we brought in Costa and Fabregas.
I'm sorry, but it's hard to be positive when you have newbies running the club. They were fantastic legends on the pitch, but off the pitch is entirely different. It's a shame people are falling for the nostalgia of just seeing Lampard again. First average season as coach, and he gets the keys to the city. 
But whatever, like last season I've ruled us out of top 4 and not getting any trophies next season.
Well if you ruled us out before last season, but we still finished top3 and with a trophy. Real life might just be a little more positive than your mind.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Duppy Conqueror likes this

If we get kovacic it won't be disastrous. I still expect top 6.

We must have a limit to how poor next season is even if it is a write off. We should still be in the top 6. That's basically it lol. 

We should aim for sorting wheat from chaff too. CHO and RLC should still get around half a season. Emerson should be finally start the season as number 1. Reece James should be given league cup and FA Cup games at least. I guess Abraham should be given the chance. Plus Castillo. 

Next season we should have a good idea over which youngsters are good enough and which are not. This will help when we can go into the transfer market again. 

We should also look to see what players in the squad are good enough. There's still questions over Barkley, Christensen, Batshuayi, Giroud (I've already written of Alonso). 

This season should be an audition for the hopefully rebuild next summer. Willian and Pedro are ticking away. Fuck the happy clappy good vibes. If you aren't good enough this season you go next summer. Of course 'good enough' is case by case. Castillo and Reece James will be judged to a different standard than Emerson and Azpi. Pulisic and CHO will be held to different standards to Willian and Pedro as will Abraham be judged differently to Michy. 

Nonetheless, we aren't a fucking charity. You make hard decisions, and if a youngster is Luke warm make no bones about selling him. 

2 hours ago, manpe said:

Well if you ruled us out before last season, but we still finished top3 and with a trophy. Real life might just be a little more positive than your mind.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Well actually, one of the top reasons why at the beginning of last season I ruled us out is because of Morata. I never had faith in this guy that he will turn it around (and I was right).

1 hour ago, Mana said:

Well actually, one of the top reasons why at the beginning of last season I ruled us out is because of Morata. I never had faith in this guy that he will turn it around (and I was right).

All I'm saying is, try seeing things from another perspective. Them being rookies, okay that's true and counts against them, but there are also things to be excited and positive about... Can you name any if you think? Expecting the worst but hoping for the best makes the fall less painful if the worst happens, but what would be your best realistic hope?

6 hours ago, Mana said:

They were fantastic legends on the pitch, but off the pitch is entirely different. It's a shame people are falling for the nostalgia of just seeing Lampard again. First average season as coach, and he gets the keys to the city. 

Its a cynical way to put it but I do agree, in a sense. The job he done at Derby is in no way relatable to a top end PL club. If they didnt get to the playoff final it would of been a below average season, just like if we didnt get to the two cup finals. I hope he does well, I really do and its bold for the club to appoint him but I cant help but feel it is all too soon but gonna be optimisic and think if he hits the ground running, we can compete for the top 4. Slow start and we are fucked. Even if teams pottered off last season I think Liverpool, City and Spurs will all start fast so we will need to keep up with them.

Supermonkey92 likes this

"Might" get some sort of indication tomorrow as he is due back at Derby with his staff to plan for Monday.

I think he will turn up as he is a decent guy, but it makes you wonder if he and Jody know they are coming here, why bother planning anything of your own choice?

Or, maybe just maybe, dare i say it, he is not coming

This whole thing is a mess look how quickly Juventus sorted out their Manager situation and then look at Chelsea amateur hour how many times have we as fans said that over the last five years.

Atomiswave and ulsterchelsea like this

Don't panic, he'll be here next week for pre-season training.

And all this pessimism on here about ppl don't think he's going to do well. it's too early etc, ffs give me a break.

Me i'm really excited by Frank coming in as manager, his tactics, the introduction of youth, the back room staff, and all hopefully for a better future.

I'm not expecting to much from the coming season, I don't think we can challenge for a top four spot, but the worst I would hope for is 6th, a decent run in the domestic cups maybe even win one, and to progress out of the group stage of the ECL

Probably won't satisfy the doom mongers, but it'll work for me.

This is all about laying the ground work, for a stable and better future.

KTBFFH

Vesper likes this

18 hours ago, Mana said:

If AM do not cough up £50m for a perm buy, Morata is coming back and will surely be our starting CF if he cannot be sold elsewhere. 

Roflmaooooo

Atomiswave likes this

That's the thing Derby need this sorted as well so they know where they stand and if need to make a new appointment. 

15 hours ago, Styl1994 said:

This whole thing is a mess look how quickly Juventus sorted out their Manager situation and then look at Chelsea amateur hour how many times have we as fans said that over the last five years.

We have been a mess for years but somehow win trophies, its bunkers really, no other Club can do this as far as I can remember. As you said look how Juve sorted their shit out, look how RM identify and grab hold of their targets on the spot. We are just not run well, I think that much is clear to all Chels.

I think everything is done in regards to Frank himself. Just everything else that's being sorted. 

I bet the announcement will be Monday.

30 June - Chelsea still with no manager . :)

Another summer- same things .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7197989/Cech-insists-Chelsea-want-new-boss-place-training-begins.html

'The situation is open': Petr Cech insists Chelsea want to have new boss in place before training begins but suggests Frank Lampard is only 'one of the candidates' being considered

Circus Chelsea :drunk:

Atomiswave and Fernando like this

I was really expecting it announced today and him being confirmed tomorrow.

But still we fuck about:middlefinger:

Atomiswave likes this

Again we just do not learn no matter the situation. Whats the fucking hold up? Its the marina show folks, she decides.

bigbluewillie likes this