test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrBlueGuy

Next Manager?

Started by MrBlueGuy,

6,422 posts in this topic
30 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Sure let’s a hire a manager who took a 6th placed Championship side to another 6th finish. He really improved them there.

he did it with a much younger squad with a tiny budget after big players left, beat UTD at old trafford and gave us a good game at SB too

ulsterchelsea and Bosnian Blue like this

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

I still think Allegri is the best option, and he supposedly really wants to come here. Lamps is not ready, IMHO. Plus with all the madness I don't want him getting shit on over rot he had no hand in constructing. 

https://icfootballnews.com/allegri-wants-chelsea-job/

I would love to see Lampard in here as a manager, but certainly not now, moreover in this condition we have currently. He is destined to have a long journey with us creating some beautiful memories along for everyone at the club, whereas for now I am afraid if Allegri, Mourinho or even Sarri staying we will struggling to compete in 4 competitions, leave alone inexperienced manager like Lampard.

14 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

I would love to see Lampard in here as a manager, but certainly not now, moreover in this condition we have currently. He is destined to have a long journey with us creating some beautiful memories along for everyone at the club, whereas for now I am afraid if Allegri, Mourinho or even Sarri staying we will struggling to compete in 4 competitions, leave alone inexperienced manager like Lampard.

it would be outrageous to expect any manager to get top 4 on the back of our best player leaving, no good striker and no transfers. It has to be a free shot using younger players for any manager next season, then reassess after they get a transfer window

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

I still think Allegri is the best option, and he supposedly really wants to come here. Lamps is not ready, IMHO. Plus with all the madness I don't want him getting shit on over rot he had no hand in constructing. 

https://icfootballnews.com/allegri-wants-chelsea-job/

For sure......I will take Allegri on the spot. Maybe thats what needed to steady the ship with the ban, will give us a good chance getting top 4 and being hard to beat. Im all for him coming here. The Club need a good quality manager, a Winner to represent us.

1 hour ago, lucio said:

it would be outrageous to expect any manager to get top 4 on the back of our best player leaving, no good striker and no transfers. It has to be a free shot using younger players for any manager next season, then reassess after they get a transfer window

Well, with an extra effort and a liitle bit of luck, think our squad is capable enough to compete in 3 competitions at least, and top 4 is not impossible task at all. We will only have to compete with Arsenal and Spursy for the 2 slots. Spursy is a consistent bottler, and with Poch leaving, they will be a trash. Arsenal is Arsenal. 

Think we have only Hazard out, and with Pulisic in along with some loanees. Yes it is shit situation with the transfer ban and manager change, but it doesn't made our squad suddenly looks like Newcastle though. Rather than throwing the towel already, we should fight it with the best manager possible in charge. If we are losing CL place last season, I would agree, Lampard would be a perfect replacement for the rebuilding of the squad with youths. With CL football ahead is not a child's play (literally) at all.

Atomiswave likes this

Max Allegri is reportedly heading for London to take intensive English language classes, as he tries to prepare for a Premier League move.

According to gossip magazine Chi, Allegri and his partner, TV presenter Ambra Angiolini, will be in London this summer and take English classes while they are there.

https://www.football-italia.net/138997/allegri-take-english-lessons

Antonio8 and Atomiswave like this

On 6/5/2019 at 11:38 AM, lucio said:

he did it with a much younger squad with a tiny budget after big players left, beat UTD at old trafford and gave us a good game at SB too

And what about Howe who took small club Bournemouth, who had a even LESS budget than Derby at the time...from EFL League One to the PL in just 2 seasons? Runners up in league one, champions in the Championship?

Not that I really want Howe, but at this point I trust Howe more than Lampard to do a better job.

Clockwork, OneMoSalah and Muzchap like this

On 05/06/2019 at 0:00 PM, lucio said:

Disagree, Allegri could do it I really think. Really good managers could probably achieve top 4 with this squad although its clear we need some big reinforcements because the top 2 will get further away and I imagine Arsenal and Spurs will also spend on players to improve. We need to be more competitive and strengthen areas of the squad but if we had a transfer window even with Hazard going, we could become a better balanced team. Although we are banned from signing anyone but still think a very good manager could achieve top 4, would just have to be better in bigger games.

I mean cmon we won a league with Moses and Alonso as wingbacks, David Luiz and Gary Cahill as CBs. If a very good coach can do that, must be enough optimism to say we can get top 4 with this squad surely? Although we are a top CF and an Eden calibre of player short. 

RoyalBlues, lucio and Atomiswave like this

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Disagree, Allegri could do it I really think. Really good managers could probably achieve top 4 with this squad although its clear we need some big reinforcements because the top 2 will get further away and I imagine Arsenal and Spurs will also spend on players to improve. We need to be more competitive and strengthen areas of the squad but if we had a transfer window even with Hazard going, we could become a better balanced team. Although we are banned from signing anyone but still think a very good manager could achieve top 4, would just have to be better in bigger games.

Allegri would do just fine......some may not like his style, its seemingly disruptive and pragmatic, whatever the fuck that means. Its been our bread and butter for so long. Anyhow he will do just fine and make us solid, certainly more than Sarri's Chels thats for sure. With this ban in-bound I happilly have him here.

RoyalBlues and OneMoSalah like this

If we want to continue implement what Sarri did, let’s go for Ajax’s manager. Huge gamble, but it excites me more than the shortlist we have seen these days.

And from what I read, he already speaks English and he will use the youth if the ban is not appealed.

Problem is, I don’t see a big chance getting him cause Ajax will lose half their team. Doubt they’ll want to lose their coach too in the same summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the wes likes this

On 6/5/2019 at 11:23 AM, Costa19 said:

Reading some Juve forums .. The fans couldn't wait to see the back of Allegri. They were so fed up with his grave-digger football. Feels like a big step backwards signing another pragmatic manager right now. Especially if the transfer ban stays. I imagine myself that it's easier to integrate youth into a progressive side rather than a pragmatic one.

But this is what chelsea fans want and what they deserve. They booed Sarri during matches, "Fk sarri ball" chants were flying around the bridge. His substitutions were booed no space to breathe, even though he was better than Arsenal, Manutd and Tottenham without a proper preseason. He was even better than Guardiola in his first season in England.

So I say scrap entertaining football, lets go back to dogged, pragmatic, physical football that we all love. Allegri is the perfect fit for that.

the wes likes this

2 hours ago, Ledgi said:

If we want to continue implement what Sarri did, let’s go for Ajax’s manager. Huge gamble, but it excites me more than the shortlist we have seen these days.

And from what I read, he already speaks English and he will use the youth if the ban is not appealed.

Problem is, I don’t see a big chance getting him cause Ajax will lose half their team. Doubt they’ll want to lose their coach too in the same summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatever it is, it must be sorted asap......I for one would not want last seasons Circus.

Vesper likes this

I really don't want Lamps as manager it's far too risky.  I'm not here to praise or bury Frank but scraping into the play offs 15 points behind the team in second place isn't very impressive and would not get him mentioned for any other top jobs but does for Chelsea simply because he's an ex player and legend. The Villa manager took them from struggling mid table to promotion and did a good job at Luton that's far more impressive.

If Sarri goes and that's looking likely then why do some fans want to give the job to Frank under the worse possible circumstances he'll be thrown in the deep end with an ageing squad and a potential transfer ban. It's going to be a difficult season next year and having one of our own as manager could possibly make things worse he won't get booed but it could quite easily tarnish his legacy. If results don't go well the media will be on his back from day one and you just don't know how Frank will handle it and if he lets Jody Morris take post match interviews now that's a recipe for disaster.

18 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I mean cmon we won a league with Moses and Alonso as wingbacks, David Luiz and Gary Cahill as CBs. If a very good coach can do that, must be enough optimism to say we can get top 4 with this squad surely? Although we are a top CF and an Eden calibre of player short. 

oh yeah, it wouldn't be impossible, but it would be unfair to sack a manager for finishing 5th with no transfers, striker and losing hazard.  We will have very limited goal threat so we will need a really good defence, but i'd be happier to give the new manager a free shot at the season to develop the younger players for the future and then reassess once he's had transfers

1 hour ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I really don't want Lamps as manager it's far too risky.  I'm not here to praise or bury Frank but scraping into the play offs 15 points behind the team in second place isn't very impressive and would not get him mentioned for any other top jobs but does for Chelsea simply because he's an ex player and legend. The Villa manager took them from struggling mid table to promotion and did a good job at Luton that's far more impressive.

If Sarri goes and that's looking likely then why do some fans want to give the job to Frank under the worse possible circumstances he'll be thrown in the deep end with an ageing squad and a potential transfer ban. It's going to be a difficult season next year and having one of our own as manager could possibly make things worse he won't get booed but it could quite easily tarnish his legacy. If results don't go well the media will be on his back from day one and you just don't know how Frank will handle it and if he lets Jody Morris take post match interviews now that's a recipe for disaster.

If there was an outstanding candidate available on the market, or if Sarri wanted to stay then I would agree with you.

However as I don't believe there is one and Sarri looks intent on leaving then I do see Lampard as the best option. The reason for me is based around the transfer ban - The club needs a rebuild and overhaul of the squad over the next couple of seasons and my worry this coming season is the club panic and try desperately to hold on to everything they have and hope the experience in the squad can get us through. The problem with this is the following summer we'll be looking to get rid of a number of squad players who we already know aren't good enough and then need to spend millions to replace them.

I believe there is far more chance that Lampard will be happy for some of these players to leave this summer and he'll instead integrate some younger players into the squad because I firmly believe that his priority will be the long term success of this club, even if he wasn't here to see it through as opposed to a manager with no affinity here who may well not be prepared to use younger players because they know they may only be here for a season or two. Therefore being more prepared to make the difficult decisions. I do think Jody Morris coming back with him also increases those chances because he has the most experience managing and coaching a number of these players and will be in a much better position than anyone to recommend which could be good enough to make the grade.

If a manager is out there that is prepared to do this and is far more experienced than Lampard then I would be happy to go with that and hold fire with Lamps, but I would not be impressed with a manager coming in and not being prepared to give Reece James a squad role instead of Zappacosta, or Mount and Ampadu roles ahead of someone like Bakayoko coming back. These players aren't good enough, we can already see that so let's give some talented youngsters a chance to see if they belong. I'm not expecting 4 or 5 youngsters to just be thrown into the first XI but its happened for years that the quick managerial turnarounds has left some players who aren't good enough with multiple chances under new managers and thus stayed at the club far longer than they should have. 

It might seem harsh because throwing Lampard in at the deep end may not work out and could end up with him only lasting a season or two here, but ultimately no person is bigger than this club and I would far rather see the club rebuilt properly for future successes, that has to be the priority for the club.

7 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

If there was an outstanding candidate available on the market, or if Sarri wanted to stay then I would agree with you.

Eddie Howe. (Okay, he's not outstanding, but he's better than Lampard)