test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrBlueGuy

Next Manager?

Started by MrBlueGuy,

6,148 posts in this topic

That's why is best to keep Sarri for another season. 

Even Conte I wanted to keep despite the dire moments and games. 

Just stick with the manager and let them develop. I would encourage Sarri to continue with the younger players and don't put a burden for trophy. 

As long as he continues to play younger players and mix them with experience players he will be have my backing. 

communicate likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Fernando said:

last manager to do something like this with a team that was nowhere to be known was Klopp with Dortmund. 

Definitely a good prospect the Ajax manager. 

That being said, I still think we keep Sarri and the Ajax manager to continue for one more season with his club. 

i was mostly joking. i agree that sarri needs more time.

MoroccanBlue and Fernando like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

https://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=350733 Sorry article is in Dutch but apparently we are interested in Ajax manager Erik Ten Hag. 

I'd love to have him in here in case Sarri gets the sack but I'm afraid fanbase would turn on him after few months just like they have done with Sarri

Like you said, it is a bad move. Hiring another possession based manager will not help. Yes he can be better than Sarri but I can't see him to be so much better. 

For me it is simple either stick with Sarri for another season or just say this possession football is not our thing and back to mou/Conte football 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, communicate said:

Like you said, it is a bad move. Hiring another possession based manager will not help. Yes he can be better than Sarri but I can't see him to be so much better. 

For me it is simple either stick with Sarri for another season or just say this possession football is not our thing and back to mou/Conte football 

Even if we sack Sarri it's absolutely vital we carry on with the possession based high pressing style. Not only is it more in tune with the modern day way, we committed nearly £140m on two players suited to that style already.

!Hazard! and Johnnyeye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Even if we sack Sarri it's absolutely vital we carry on with the possession based high pressing style. Not only is it more in tune with the modern day way, we committed nearly £140m on two players suited to that style already.

And hopefully we'll learn to do something with all that possession. A lot of this season has been have most of the ball and still drop points. 

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tomo said:

Even if we sack Sarri it's absolutely vital we carry on with the possession based high pressing style. Not only is it more in tune with the modern day way, we committed nearly £140m on two players suited to that style already.

I am not sure where the 140 coming from? 

Jorginho for 40 and? 

For me, if we continue down this path with changing manager every year, it will slow down our transformation. Our fans who is spoiled by Abramovich will become restless again and will turn on whoever in charge really quick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chelsea has never been about possession to me.....thats not our DNA. Its doesnt mean we cant pull it off but its just not what Chels is about. We have always been best when playing fast direct footy. Im convinced if you give Sarii 300M to spend he will still fall short, just not flexable and way too ingrained with his master philosify......I woulndt mind Allegry or Simone, especially Simone, he himself said he loves the way we used to play aka under Conte. Theres a reason his best AM sides was similar to ours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

And hopefully we'll learn to do something with all that possession. A lot of this season has been have most of the ball and still drop points. 

We won't be free flow scoring team with this squad. There is no way any manager can turn Willian to 15 goals scorer or Higuain back to his old days 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, communicate said:

I am not sure where the 140 coming from? 

Jorginho for 40 and? 

For me, if we continue down this path with changing manager every year, it will slow down our transformation. Our fans who is spoiled by Abramovich will become restless again and will turn on whoever in charge really quick. 

Of course some sort of logic is needed........but im sure if the fans base could see hunger and progress they would support the manager. This season has been anything but sadly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Of course some sort of logic is needed........but im sure if the fans base could see hunger and progress they would support the manager. This season has been anything but sadly. 

Not really. This team is not designed to play possession football. It was built by Conte and Mou to play low block football. No manager can transform this team into a possession based team without significant investment in time or players. I was afraid about this since the beginning. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, communicate said:

I am not sure where the 140 coming from? 

Jorginho for 40 and? 

For me, if we continue down this path with changing manager every year, it will slow down our transformation. Our fans who is spoiled by Abramovich will become restless again and will turn on whoever in charge really quick. 

Kepa.

He is not the type of keeper for pragmatic tactics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, communicate said:

I am not sure where the 140 coming from? 

Jorginho for 40 and? 

For me, if we continue down this path with changing manager every year, it will slow down our transformation. Our fans who is spoiled by Abramovich will become restless again and will turn on whoever in charge really quick. 

Jorginho was £57m, Pulisic £58m

£115m total

thats 

133 million euro

148m USD

so I do not see where they are getting £140m from

unless they mean Kepa and Jorginho, but that is still only £129m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Kepa.

He is not the type of keeper for pragmatic tactics.

Kepa and Jorginho cost £129m (72m and 57m)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, communicate said:

Not really. This team is not designed to play possession football. It was built by Conte and Mou to play low block football. No manager can transform this team into a possession based team without significant investment in time or players. I was afraid about this since the beginning. 

 

Then why isn't the manager adapting to the circumstances?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, communicate said:

Like you said, it is a bad move. Hiring another possession based manager will not help. Yes he can be better than Sarri but I can't see him to be so much better. 

For me it is simple either stick with Sarri for another season or just say this possession football is not our thing and back to mou/Conte football 

No you don't have to, the issue with Sarri possession football it is it lacks the free flowing and situational movements. His style is rigid and mechanical. On the other hand most well known attacking football managers like Pep is the opposite. I recall KDB saying in his first year under Pep, they hardly stayed in one formation, they spent the majority of training moving from one formation to another. Key being giving the player freedom and use their intelligence, to recognize situations and exploit areas. 

Not saying Sarri style will never be successful, but i am very uneasy about its rigidness and the way it shackle some players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Kepa and Jorginho cost £129m (72m and 57m)

Yeah my bad I miscounted but at the same time I forgot Pulisic, who is another player more suited to a high energy proactive game (nicking the ball high up is his best attribute from what I've seen).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

No you don't have to, the issue with Sarri possession football it is it lacks the free flowing and situational movements. His style is rigid and mechanical. On the other hand most well known attacking football managers like Pep is the opposite. I recall KDB saying in his first year under Pep, they hardly stayed in one formation, they spent the majority of training moving from one formation to another. Key being giving the player freedom and use their intelligence, to recognize situations and exploit areas. 

Not saying Sarri style will never be successful, but i am very uneasy about its rigidness and the way it shackle some players. 

Who did he shackle? Ruben, Jorginho, Kante?? 

It make 0 sense to give positional freedom to these player. Hazard is the only player in our team who has positional freedom and it make sense. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, manpe said:

Then why isn't the manager adapting to the circumstances?

Because basically in order to be successful with this team, he need to play low block and play mostly on the counter attack. 

What is the point of doing that when he is hired to bring his football to Chelsea. 

If we keep Conte this season and bring another striker, I am pretty sure he will do better than Sarri. 

 

Antonio8 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member