test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Diego Costa

Started by DavidEU,

8,902 posts in this topic

You feel that that, everyone? It's the feeling of going into a season with a REAL striker. Can't wait, this guy will eat defenses up (not literally). :ph34r:

nothing left, every defender in PL has been eaten by Suarez (literally)

Like someone said before, this guy will single handedly win us games with his goals or die trying, his has that passion about him.

The first time I see a defender pick a fight with him and he goes so mental he makes Joey Barton look like the Dalai Lama is going to make me laugh so much.

As long as he hurts/annoys/trolls people in subtle ways (racking achilles, treading on toes, 'accidentally' leaving a leg in, going up strong in the air etc.) it'll be fine. Stoke don't exactly have the referees help and with the shit they get away with Costa will be fine with all that stuff. As long as he gets 15-20 league goals & 5-10 cup goals over the course of the season then it doesn't even matter if he does get suspended a lot tbh.

Welcome to London Diego! More specifically the first (and likely only) club from this great city to win the Champions League. Eat shit Arsenal and Spurs.

Wahey, finally.

Welcome, Costa :blue scalf:

well the delay has nothing to do with his squad number anyway.

Or maybe Ba is already on his way? :ph34r:

Or maybe Ba is already on his way? :ph34r:

Probably, but I'm still think it is a little bit lame reason, if only because of that, we delay the announcement. Considering Koke and others has return to Atletico for training yesterday, I think it is mainly because of his holiday after WC.

For all his virtues, and let it be known I support the isht outta this guy, I do remember him losing the ball quite a bit.

For the life of me I can't recall which game it was against Barcelona, sometime during midseason maybe, but I recall watching him and thinking to myself, "holy hell this guy cannot keep the ball with his back to goal."

In that game, there was a spell of pressure where Atletico were absorbing an attack which might have lasted a solid 2 minutes straight, and Costa might have gotten the ball 3-4 times and all he had to do was hold the ball for 5 seconds while someone ran off him, and each time he'd commit a turnover. And Barca would be back in.

Granted, a VERY limited sample size to pull from on my part, but can't help to think we'd get punished for that against a more direct team (City, Liverpool, etc).

Maybe Drogba just spoiled me. Who knows.

iseah100 likes this

For all his virtues, and let it be known I support the isht outta this guy, I do remember him losing the ball quite a bit.

For the life of me I can't recall which game it was against Barcelona, sometime during midseason maybe, but I recall watching him and thinking to myself, "holy hell this guy cannot keep the ball with his back to goal."

In that game, there was a spell of pressure where Atletico were absorbing an attack which might have lasted a solid 2 minutes straight, and Costa might have gotten the ball 3-4 times and all he had to do was hold the ball for 5 seconds while someone ran off him, and each time he'd commit a turnover. And Barca would be back in.

Granted, a VERY limited sample size to pull from on my part, but can't help to think we'd get punished for that against a more direct team (City, Liverpool, etc).

Maybe Drogba just spoiled me. Who knows.

You can't come to any logical conclusion based off one game. The way Atletico play means more turnovers for the striker. Besides, there were many games where Drogba consistently lost the ball, especially early in his career for us. Means absolutely nothing.