Diego Costa

Spike

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/chelsea/blues-linked-with-atletico-swap-1653785.html

Not sure how reliable the above story is, but to sacrifice Courtois & Torres for a flash in the pan, is not my way of thinking.

Why are ppl even linking news like this? We all know that won't happen. We have an intelligent manager who would never do something like that.........

We all know that Diego Costa is not a solution to our problems. I respect him as a player, but he's simply not good enough to lead our attack. We should be looking for players like Lewandowski, Falcao, Cavani etc etc...

What happened to Jackson Martinez? Diego Costa is gonna be another expensive flop as far as i can tell.

Can't tell the same about Martinez. But then again any striker is a risky buy at Chelsea.

So its better to channel the cash into a CM/CDM rather than a striker at January. Khedira maybe. Its not like we can buy 32m striker and still get a 30m CM.

Why are ppl even linking news like this? We all know that won't happen. We have an intelligent manager who would never do something like that.........

We all know that Diego Costa is not a solution to our problems. I respect him as a player, but he's simply not good enough to lead our attack. We should be looking for players like Lewandowski, Falcao, Cavani etc etc...

May I point out those players are all gone now.

Try somebody else, then.

May I point out those players are all gone now.

Try somebody else, then.

Lewa is available in Jan/summer. There was also some talk about Falcao leaving Monaco already.

To be fair, I'd rather keep the current strikers than buy Costa.

He's benefiting immensely from a system that was built for Falcao. I'm not denying that he can score, he's a great poacher, but just like Falcao, I don't think he'd get half of those goals at Chelsea. It is no coincidence that Falcao had over 60% of his team's goals and that now Costa is doing the exact same.

He's benefiting immensely from a system that was built for Falcao. I'm not denying that he can score, he's a great poacher, but just like Falcao, I don't think he'd get half of those goals at Chelsea. It is no coincidence that Falcao had over 60% of his team's goals and that now Costa is doing the exact same.

he creates alot of chances for himself unlike falcao

Never mind pathetic Costa, Chelsea are in for 250m bid for Messi backed by Adidas.

Messi release clause in his contract & Adidas are more than happy to give financial backing....

Ok boys, something for you to discuss, so you are not bored by the same charts, line-ups & all those dribbles. :dance:

Overrated player imo.

He's had a good start this season, but lets not forget 3 months ago nobody knew who Diego Costa was. I'll wait till the end of the season to see.

We've also been linked with Benzema, who is more horrible than Torres in his lowest form.

I don't think we need a striker. Torres and Etoo are slowly getting into shape. But I'm not surprised Mourinho is looking for options. I mean, what if Etoo doesn't meet the expectations and Torres goes back to being unreliable in the middle of the season? We would have missed the chance to get a striker in January with so much at stake. I'm sure that's a question that is going through the manager's mind.

Overrated player imo.

He's had a good start this season, but lets not forget 3 months ago nobody knew who Diego Costa was. I'll wait till the end of the season to see.

We've also been linked with Benzema, who is more horrible than Torres in his lowest form.

I don't think we need a striker. Torres and Etoo are slowly getting into shape. But I'm not surprised Mourinho is looking for options. I mean, what if Etoo doesn't meet the expectations and Torres goes back to being unreliable in the middle of the season? We would have missed the chance to get a striker in January with so much at stake. I'm sure that's a question that is going through the manager's mind.

he still got 20 goals and 15 assists last season. loads of people knew who he was.

Overrated player imo.

He's had a good start this season, but lets not forget 3 months ago nobody knew who Diego Costa was.

Maybe its just you who didnt know him. His allround play when he played along Falcao was much better than Falcao's, but whole team was playing on Falcao and thats why he scored "only" 20 goals. Now he has got main role and he is already at 11 goals in like 10 games. Plus 2 goals in single CL game. He might not suit our style completely, but under Mou we play counter football with fast passes to striker(s) and Costa is very good at that. He scores goals and that is all that matters. He can also hold up play and link up, but sure, I would wait until end of season to see if he can keep it for two seasons. And boy he is faster than it seems...

he creates alot of chances for himself unlike falcao

I'm sorry, but that is complete bollocks. Falcao has delivered on some of the biggest occasions, IE 2011, 2012 Europa Final as well as the Super Cup against us and has created goals that tore defenses apart. Just look at his performance last year against Barca, literally carried the team the entire game. The notion that he doesn't 'create chances for others' is bollocks as well imo.

Overrated player imo.

He's been in exceptional form for a while now, the entire Atletico team is.

He's a perfect Mourinho type player which is why I'm assuming the massive interest. Hard work rate, great finisher on his day, and all in all a massive brute.

We don't need him though, considering all of our forwards have been performing well as of late.

I'm sorry, but that is complete bollocks. Falcao has delivered on some of the biggest occasions, IE 2011, 2012 Europa Final as well as the Super Cup against us and has created goals that tore defenses apart. Just look at his performance last year against Barca, literally carried the team the entire game. The notion that he doesn't 'create chances for others' is bollocks as well imo.

He's been in exceptional form for a while now, the entire Atletico team is.

He's a perfect Mourinho type player which is why I'm assuming the massive interest. Hard work rate, great finisher on his day, and all in all a massive brute.

We don't need him though, considering all of our forwards have been performing well as of late.

i know falcao has scored some solo goals. just saying costa creates more for himself. abit like suarez or tevez.