Diego Costa

Spike

Well he played well last season and scored what was it 20 goals? Where was his call up to play at the Confederations Cup? He didn't get one despite you could say a good CF, or a different sort of CF to Fred, being the Brazilian national teams weakpoint. Obviously he has to wait to gain Spanish citizenship so perhaps he couldn't have played for them or perhaps he could have but still by picking Spain he obviously feels he is valued more and wanted more doesn't he? Why else would he pick to play for them?

then why didn't Spain try to get him for the same CC as they also played it? He's been living there for years and as far as I know he has the spanish passport for a while too, or you think he got it last month? and even if he did get it after CC, he could have tried to get it earlier if they were so interested.

Come on guys, you still have more than enough good players even without Costa.

If you think losing out on this guy is bad, just take a moment to think about the situation here up north. Everyone was pissed when Carl fucking Jenkinson chose to represent England rather than Finland. Yes, that's how bad our other full-backs are. :P

then why didn't Spain try to get him for the same CC as they also played it? He's been living there for years and as far as I know he has the spanish passport for a while too, or you think he got it last month? and even if he did get it after CC, he could have tried to get it earlier if they were so interested.

If Spain included him in there Confederations cup squad there is a chance they would have to wait for international clearance like they are now. They wanted to use him in the last international break but FIFA hadn't cleared him to do so yet.

If Spain included him in there Confederations cup squad there is a chance they would have to wait for international clearance like they are now. They wanted to use him in the last international break but FIFA hadn't cleared him to do so yet.

they could have tried it months before CC. Didn't you just backup your argument saying he scored 20 goals last season? So they have a guy scoring 20 goals a season for them, in their soil, and they overlook him and you tell me they can do it and Felipão can't? Sorry man, but this has double standards written all over. They could have gone to FIFA 2-3 months before CC and get the clearance in time for him to play. They didn't because they weren't interest, even if he was shining for all their people to see.

I don't mind you agree with him and Spain, but the argument you give to defend it, it's weird imo, as you're saying Brazil is wrong for having overlooked him for CC, but you don't say the same about Spain, when Spain was much closer to him than we are, as he plays there...

I'm definitely seeing an improvement on his passes. Against City they were sublime (talking about Rambo).

besides Rambo seems to have no problems passing to the back of the net... :P

On Diego Costa, I have no problem with his choice and don't really understand why it's anyone's business - certainly not Scolari's.

Whether Spain will or not get them, that's a different discussion and not really important to me; don't support spain and don't think Diego is good enough to tip the balance one way or another.

BTW, it's not an age of striker abundance in Brazil atm. Last real special one was Ronaldo before getting fat and retiring. Fred and Jo are so common to me.

Come on guys, you still have more than enough good players even without Costa.

If you think losing out on this guy is bad, just take a moment to think about the situation here up north. Everyone was pissed when Carl fucking Jenkinson chose to represent England rather than Finland. Yes, that's how bad our other full-backs are. :P

Lol

Who advises him, choosing to leave brazil for spain when the next world cup is in brazil is such a stupid decision :doh:

I really don't want chelsea to get him anymore. The last thing I want to see is him having a problem with luiz, oscar and ramires for not being patriotic. It could ruin our dressing room spirit.

No. I'm not talking about his pass that should have been an assist, his passes were very sharp in general.

You guys are better off using the same 2 from the CC....

Anyways, the one person I hope you guys dispose of is HULK!

Hulk was so garbage in the olympics + cc + most friendlys....

You guys are better off using the same 2 from the CC....

Anyways, the one person I hope you guys dispose of is HULK!

Hulk was so garbage in the olympics + cc + most friendlys....

I expect to see Luiz Gustavo starting every game at least, he's by far the best dm we have. The second one could be anyone between Paulinho, Fernandinho, Ramires or Hernanes depending on what tactical approach we want. Personally, I'd choose Fernandinho or Hernanes as they're very well-rounded. If I wanted to focus more on speed and counter attacking I'd pick Ramires.

I expect to see Luiz Gustavo starting every game at least, he's by far the best dm we have. The second one could be anyone between Paulinho, Fernandinho, Ramires or Hernanes depending on what tactical approach we want. Personally, I'd choose Fernandinho or Hernanes as they're very well-rounded. If I wanted to focus more on speed and counter attacking I'd pick Ramires.

What about Paulinho ?

they could have tried it months before CC. Didn't you just backup your argument saying he scored 20 goals last season? So they have a guy scoring 20 goals a season for them, in their soil, and they overlook him and you tell me they can do it and Felipão can't? Sorry man, but this has double standards written all over. They could have gone to FIFA 2-3 months before CC and get the clearance in time for him to play. They didn't because they weren't interest, even if he was shining for all their people to see.

I don't mind you agree with him and Spain, but the argument you give to defend it, it's weird imo, as you're saying Brazil is wrong for having overlooked him for CC, but you don't say the same about Spain, when Spain was much closer to him than we are, as he plays there...

I am saying that all the comments I've seen calling him a cunt for choosing Spain over Brazil is wrong. Sure they could have gotten him earlier but still, Brazil played him twice in 2011 then never used him again and they basically expected him to come back to them as if nothing had happened, even though he was arguably the best Brazilian striker last year. It may have double standards with Spain but still to criticize him because he's choosing Spain after Brazil never particularly showed much of an interest when he was scoring goals last year. Brazil only re-registered interest in him after the Spaniards did, its Scolari's fault for him playing for Spain I feel, not showing much of an interest in him despite him being one of the best players he could have called up in the CF position. Based on who else Scolari has picked I'd say not selecting him for the Confederations Cup was wrong, even though Fred did well enough and Brazil ultimately won but lets say Fred was terrible then there would be big question marks as of why Costa wasn't picked.

I am saying that all the comments I've seen calling him a cunt for choosing Spain over Brazil is wrong. Sure they could have gotten him earlier but still, Brazil played him twice in 2011 then never used him again and they basically expected him to come back to them as if nothing had happened, even though he was arguably the best Brazilian striker last year. It may have double standards with Spain but still to criticize him because he's choosing Spain after Brazil never particularly showed much of an interest when he was scoring goals last year. Brazil only re-registered interest in him after the Spaniards did, its Scolari's fault for him playing for Spain I feel, not showing much of an interest in him despite him being one of the best players he could have called up in the CF position. Based on who else Scolari has picked I'd say not selecting him for the Confederations Cup was wrong, even though Fred did well enough and Brazil ultimately won but lets say Fred was terrible then there would be big question marks as of why Costa wasn't picked.

I'm not going to discuss this again, but you're mixing him and willian. willian was called in 2011. diego costa was called earlier this year...

I'm not going to discuss this again, but you're mixing him and willian. willian was called in 2011. diego costa was called earlier this year...

Well my point is he was called, given some game time. Obviously Brazil lack a CF of a certain standard as Pato never developed into the player he was meant to be and others like Damiao and Fred are struggling with injury problems at times so Costa probably was thinking I might get selected here if I keep playing well... he didn't end up getting called for the Confed Cup after a successful season so I'd say that was probably in the back of his mind when he was deciding about playing for one of the two countries. Obviously hes said that Spain has given him everything as well so but Brazil are Brazil and you'd expect him to want to play for them, just he was never really called more than the two games he played whenever they were, when you could argue that he should have been... if he was then who knows? He'd probably have ended up being Brazil's main CF for the World Cup.

It will be interesting when the world cup comes around, if he is picked for Spain and scores some goals and say Fred/Pato/Damiao/whoever don't score as much then Scolari will get some criticizm, in fact a lot I'd imagine.