James Rodríguez

2 hours ago, the wes said:

We could have Neymar joining chelsea before Pele open his mouth telling him not to joining chelsea picture Neymar hazard Costa in the same team that trio would destroy the PL 

Idk if Neymar's workrate is good enough for some on here. Hazards would be either if he weren't already a Chelsea player 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Beigl said:

If anything we should have gone for Gotze last summer, who is superior to James. But in truth both of them don't fit our current system at all, because we need a workhorse on the wing, like Alexis Sanchez.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

No doubt I would love to have a dribbler, creator who can  shoulder the attacking responsibility and reduce the burden on Hazard but 60m or upwards for James Rodriguez would be a waste of the money generated from the Oscar deal. 

There are a LOT of better, proven, consistent options in the market for that price. Pass.

You're kidding, right? Gotze is shit.

As I said he wouldn't fit our system at all, but under the right circumstances he has potential to be world class, like in Dortmund. He ripped the Bundesliga apart at a very young age, so he is hardly 'shit'. And yes he is better than overrated James Rodriguez.

I hope he would be great for us but IMHO its a daft price to pay.

I would take a cab ride to north London with £60mill in a suitcase asnd stick it on vinegar tits desk and bring Sanchez over.

Put him on the RW with Eden and Costa and let them go bonkers.

If you think, that 'maybe', if everything works out for the best, there's a chance, that a player could be good/great for your team, you don't break your transfer record for him. You break transfer records for players CURRENTLY at the absolute top of their game, bossing every team they play against. Anything else than that approach when dealing with such large figures is lunacy. This figure would be enough to buy Messi in a couple years, even Ronaldo once he declines more; and once they do decline, they'll still be better than James at their old ages. 

4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I hope he would be great for us but IMHO its a daft price to pay.

I would take a cab ride to north London with £60mill in a suitcase asnd stick it on vinegar tits desk and bring Sanchez over.

Put him on the RW with Eden and Costa and let them go bonkers.

Hahaha mate I'll even piggyback ride Sanchez to the bridge

8 hours ago, Beigl said:

As I said he wouldn't fit our system at all, but under the right circumstances he has potential to be world class, like in Dortmund. He ripped the Bundesliga apart at a very young age, so he is hardly 'shit'. And yes he is better than overrated James Rodriguez.

No, he peaked too soon and regressed since then, like Shakiri. He has no business in a top team anymore, he will be in Everton or something like it in 2 years.

Better than James hahaha

9 hours ago, Beigl said:

If recent history is anything to go by, I would be wary of buying players from Dortmund. Most of their star players, who did well under Klopp, and left the club for the bigger teams but a number of them failed, failed so badly that they went back to Dortmund - Kagawa, Gotze, Sahin. Only Lewandowski has done alright. Hummels appears to be going down that route too and Mkhitaryan's form at United before he got injured suggests he might shine too, while the jury is still out on Gundogan.

If recent history is anything to go by, I would be wary of buying players from Dortmund. Most of their star players, who did well under Klopp, and left the club for the bigger teams but a number of them failed, failed so badly that they went back to Dortmund - Kagawa, Gotze, Sahin. Only Lewandowski has done alright. Hummels appears to be going down that route too and Mkhitaryan's form at United before he got injured suggests he might shine too, while the jury is still out on Gundogan.

There'll be exceptions. I expect Aubameyang & Dembele to shine when they move on.

31 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

There'll be exceptions. I expect Aubameyang & Dembele to shine when they move on.

Yes, there will be. Not denying that but we gotta keep in mind that they play certain kind of way and have players with specific skill set to make that work.

Yes, there will be. Not denying that but we gotta keep in mind that they play certain kind of way and have players with specific skill set to make that work.

Fair point, but the great players learn to adapt.

3 hours ago, Styles said:

Spend the Oscar money on Dembele.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Not now. Talented but still raw. Won't develop if he joins us now.

I agree with Jason. He still has several flaws in his game ATM, which is understandable at his age and only around a year of first team football under his belt. Give him two full seasons at Dortmund and then go all in for him.

7 hours ago, LAM09 said:

I agree with Jason. He still has several flaws in his game ATM, which is understandable at his age and only around a year of first team football under his belt. Give him two full seasons at Dortmund and then go all in for him.

buy and loan perhaps. Football market is nuts right now and just getting worse with monied clubs buying so many players. A young player like Ousmane might be a risk, but his potential is so HUGE, it's worth gambling on him ASAP. buy buy buy.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You