James Rodríguez

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Slow? He isn't slow? Hes not quite Edens speed but hes probably as quick as Pedro. He played RW beforehand, he started there, even at Real under Ancelotti he played as a RW in the 4-4-2 they played with Benzema and Ronaldo up front. He's obviously has got close control and I've seen him in Real Madrid games get out of difficult situations with it. Isco would be a better option but he is slower than James although hes probably just as good if not better. He would be a good option because the two wide players, well I'm calling them wide players but they really arent in this formation, get between the lines into the half spaces a lot and this would suit him down to the ground as he can operate in there and provide key passes for our forwards/midfield runners.

James is a classic CAM. He was never quick enough for a winger at Porto or Real even tho he played there. 

But Ancelotti played Di Maria-Alonso-Modric in his first season with Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema up. and then replaced Dimaria with James who never kept his place. 

I never particulary liked either James or Isco because they think they are some wannabe stars, they dont want to leave Real, but at same time they keep saying they will leave if they dont get more play time. What they need to do is perform on pitch, at least Isco is doing that recently (last seasons he was selfish, flashy dribbler and rather useless thats why he didnt play, now he is more team player). James meanwhile alright player, but to me he is far from what we need. He hides in big games, much like Cesc. Now Cesc is good player too, but for only against specific teams and we dont want another similar player.

Now if we continue next season with the same formation, we basicaly need better Pedro. Striker alone is not enough to score goals, and while Eden scores quite a few, he is not natural finisher. 

Idealy we need either Griezmann or Sanchez, someone realy quick, efficient and direct with good finish. Im positive we will be playing on quick counters alot next season, moreso against top teams and trio of Eden-Morata?-Griezmann/Alexis would be deadly. 

But again, I value mentality over talent and for that reason Sanchez, James, Ozil and Isco never been high on my wish list, tho Isco plays much better these days. 

That said James would cost close to 70m, lol fuck that. Get Griezmann for 90 then or in Costa swap. If United ends up with James I wouldnt worry at all as long we get a top player too.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Slow? He isn't slow? Hes not quite Edens speed but hes probably as quick as Pedro. He played RW beforehand, he started there, even at Real under Ancelotti he played as a RW in the 4-4-2 they played with Benzema and Ronaldo up front. He's obviously has got close control and I've seen him in Real Madrid games get out of difficult situations with it. Isco would be a better option but he is slower than James although hes probably just as good if not better. He would be a good option because the two wide players, well I'm calling them wide players but they really arent in this formation, get between the lines into the half spaces a lot and this would suit him down to the ground as he can operate in there and provide key passes for our forwards/midfield runners.

He is not as quick as pedro....James would not fit our system...A luxury player we cannot afford to have....His attitude is also bad

Even in an odd case we sign him...He can only play in RW...and he has pedro and willian as competition...he will probably again sit on the bench

You guys are forgetting how good James is and can be and seriously underestimating him. He can play out wide he has done that his whole career. Porto, Monaco, and Real.

Pretty much every modern CAM play out wide nowadays.

You guys are forgetting how good James is and can be and seriously underestimating him. He can play out wide he has done that his whole career. Porto, Monaco, and Real.
Pretty much every modern CAM play out wide nowadays.

He can play out wide, but thrives as a CAM. We don't field one in our current set up & him alongside Kante wouldn't work.

I actually see him as a very effective piece to this team. He solves a problem when Cesc is not on the pitch, outside of Hazard we have no one who can provide creativity and intelligence. And there is where James can be be very valuable to this team, he adds another spark and solution.

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

I actually see him as a very effective piece to this team. He solves a problem when Cesc is not on the pitch, outside of Hazard we have no one who can provide creativity and intelligence. And there is where James can be be very valuable to this team, he adds another spark and solution.

He's not really that sort of player

18 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

James is a classic CAM. He was never quick enough for a winger at Porto or Real even tho he played there. 

But Ancelotti played Di Maria-Alonso-Modric in his first season with Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema up. and then replaced Dimaria with James who never kept his place. 

I never particulary liked either James or Isco because they think they are some wannabe stars, they dont want to leave Real, but at same time they keep saying they will leave if they dont get more play time. What they need to do is perform on pitch, at least Isco is doing that recently (last seasons he was selfish, flashy dribbler and rather useless thats why he didnt play, now he is more team player). James meanwhile alright player, but to me he is far from what we need. He hides in big games, much like Cesc. Now Cesc is good player too, but for only against specific teams and we dont want another similar player.

Now if we continue next season with the same formation, we basicaly need better Pedro. Striker alone is not enough to score goals, and while Eden scores quite a few, he is not natural finisher. 

Idealy we need either Griezmann or Sanchez, someone realy quick, efficient and direct with good finish. Im positive we will be playing on quick counters alot next season, moreso against top teams and trio of Eden-Morata?-Griezmann/Alexis would be deadly. 

But again, I value mentality over talent and for that reason Sanchez, James, Ozil and Isco never been high on my wish list, tho Isco plays much better these days. 

That said James would cost close to 70m, lol fuck that. Get Griezmann for 90 then or in Costa swap. If United ends up with James I wouldnt worry at all as long we get a top player too.

Interesting ideas and a good read. Thank you. 

I actually think he's too naturally handsome & youthful looking, and wouldn't want other players & supporters of ours feeling riled up and hostile. Even the greatest men feel envy at moments, and all it takes is a moment for wars to start. He's far too risky.

I'm a fan of his game but in either Conte's 3-4-3 or the supposed 4-2-4 he's rumored to want to try next season James wouldn't really have a place. He doesn't offer what Hazard, Pedro, or Willian do. He's more of an Özil type. A luxury player who has many trade offs I'm not sure Conte would put up with.

We need an attacking signing with high work rate, pace, and power. In other words, Alexis Sanchez.

31 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I'm a fan of his game but in either Conte's 3-4-3 or the supposed 4-2-4 he's rumored to want to try next season James wouldn't really have a place. He doesn't offer what Hazard, Pedro, or Willian do. He's more of an Özil type. A luxury player who has many trade offs I'm not sure Conte would put up with.

We need an attacking signing with high work rate, pace, and power. In other words, Alexis Sanchez.

Or

Antoine-Griezmann-734272.jpg

4 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Or

Antoine-Griezmann-734272.jpg

I wish! He'll probably end up at United as well if they win the Europa League. Mou will likely spend about £250m this summer.

We'll have to be shrewd and decisive in our business if we want to repeat as champions because I doubt we'll be willing to spend like the two Manchester clubs will.

And if they don't qualify and lost to Ajax? Yes they will still attract big names and pay huge wages but is Griezmann going to go there with no European football? You can use the name of Pogba and say 'Well he went there last season' But I bet you he didn't imagine only relying on the EL to get in the CL next season. These elite players want to play in the best tournament around, if United fail against Ajax it's going to be very tough to convince them I tell you.

13 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I wish! He'll probably end up at United as well if they win the Europa League. Mou will likely spend about £250m this summer.

We'll have to be shrewd and decisive in our business if we want to repeat as champions because I doubt we'll be willing to spend like the two Manchester clubs will.

We are champions, with CL next year, top manager, some great players, and we definately have money (Oscar sale) to get Griezmann. 

For Antoine, Chelsea should be no brainer, he would play along Hazard and Kante in balanced team with team mates close to his age. His position would be second striker, nearly perfect, meanwhile he would be on wing for United with alot of tracking back.

Unless the reason is money or such big love for Pogba, Griezmann should chose us. 

We were interested in Griz for years now and we still have Costa who might be the ticket to get Griezmann, at least from Atletico's perspective.

Sure its all about Chelsea policy, if we wont spend bit more, we will be in trouble. Maybe not next year, but soon. 

Dybala, Verratti, Neymar,...neither is available. So to improve, we need to go all on Griezmann or Isco, with former suiting us more. 

Pedro is quality this season too, so if he keeps up, we should be fine for now, but with player like Griz, we reach next level. I would go balistic if we pulled such move in summer.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You